August 23, 2014 | 1045 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another Estee Lauder product I absolutely love...

I have had SO much trouble finding a decent concealer you would not believe - this is the first concealer I've used that I actually like IN MY LIFE. Most are either too watery and don't cover enough, or they're too tacky - almost glue like and won't blend! This is neither, I don't know how to describe the consistency, but it's easy to work with and really does its job.

I use this on blemishes - it's not a particularly thick formula, but it can give a buildable coverage, and it works just fine for me as I only get the occasional zit/discolouration and don't have any major scarring, etc. to cover up. I also use this under my eyes to lighten dark circles, and on my lids to brighten and even them, and I find it almost acts as a primer there. Around the eye it's brilliant - I find it doesn't overwhelm the delicate skin in that area, nor does it settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but does a wonderful job of hiding circles and really "opening" up my eye area.

I blend this concealer with my beauty blender and seem to be able to get a lovely even finish both alone on my skin and paired with my Double-Wear Foundation. Like I say, it sits well both alone and paired with other products - I also sometimes use YSL Touche Eclat to brighten and highlight, and If I apply it with the concealer it doesn't get cake-y or powdery or flake.

As a former reviewer has noted, the concealer comes in a wee tube and is applied with a doe-foot applicator... whilst I'm usually not a fan of these, application is simple and I don't really know how it could be improved, as I don't think a squeeze tube or brush would be more effective...

A little seems to go a fairly long way with this concealer, and in my opinion it has been well worth the price!

I take one lippy off for packaging - only really for aesthetic reasons: I don't think Estee Lauder packaging is as slick or attractive as that of NARS, YSL, or even Smashbox, but that's just a matter of personal opinion and in no way affects the performance of this awesome concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

I didn't pay the $33 AUD for the full size, a sample of this was included when I bought a holiday gift set.

I have the shade light/medium which I would say is a tad too light my skin right now. I'm probably about a warm beige/natural in Bobbi Brown and slightly darker than DWL in intensity 2. Perhaps warm light/medium would have been a better match.

I use this mainly to cover up blemishes and acne marks. I tend to just wear this during the day so I can't attest to whether the SPF does anything in photos. I know SPF 10 isn't that much but I have had trouble in the past with flashback. Anyway, I like that there is SPF cos it prevents any marks from darkening in the sun.

I would say this has a medium coverage which can be built up. I first apply this to the spots I need to conceal then go back and blend the concealer in the order I applied it (if that makes sense!) I find that since it dries quickly, applying concealer on all needed areas first then going back and blending, gives the concealer some time to dry and in a strange way, I find this helps with the coverage. Whereas if I apply and blend the concealer spot by spot, the concealer is still 'liquidy' in a way that when it's blended out, coverage becomes less and my dark browny-red acne marks aren't concealed as well.

The lasting power during the day is good, I set it with powder, but there have been times where I haven't and it still lasted on my oily skin. I have acne-prone and very clog-prone skin but it's funny that this concealer from the line hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores cos DWL foundation does!

I've tried this as an under eye concealer but find that it's slightly too drying for me. However someone who uses an eye cream beforehand might find it okay.

I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size once I'm done with the sample but I do recommend giving this a go if you're looking for a concealer to cover blemishes. The shade range however, seems very limited.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been mostly using MAC concealers all my life, pro longwear being one of my favorites. I purchased EL double wear stay-in-place concealer in Light, mainly to use for under- eye concealing. The application, formula and coverage has been really impressive and it doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. After applying my foundation, I apply in V shape under my eyes and around my nose where I tend to have redness. I also apply over blemishes if I have any. I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't cake or fade throughout the day. Really amazing concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by CyndiBabulik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is simply amazing. I use for my under-eye circles and it stays put. I don't experience any creasing or smearing. Also, it doesn't settle into the itsy-bitsy lines I have in my under-eye area. It is worth the price!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by amandagreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this little tube of concealer for making a pretty large purchase at the Estee Lauder counter and little did I know how much I was going to love this product and how many times I was going to be replenishing it.

The tube is tiny. It fits in my travel bag and doesn't bulk up my make up bag at all. the color is perfect. I use it daily under my eyes and it creates a highlighting effect. I dot it just under my eyes and especially in the corner of my eye right next to my nose. Smoothing it on is easy. It blends so perfectly and has this clean matte finish.

The little sponge is the perfect size and doesn't carry too much, so when I dot the concealer onto my skin I never ever have excess at all.

One thing that amazes me is just how gentle it is on the eyes. I have once or twice gotten it right into my bottom lid and my eyes are usually very sensitive and water at the very first sign of an intruder! But with this - NOTHING!

And it conceals, perhaps I should mention that! From time to time I get a little zitty and this concealer covers up all marks with just a tiny dab. It doesn't get into the broken skin at all, it covers it and I don't feel the need to check on it during the day at all. Just don't touch!

My first little tube lasted me more than a year of wearing it under my eyes every single day and for less than $6 that is a bargain item of note.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by CallMeStephania

Great long-lasting coverage. This concealer doesn't grease-up and stays intact for the entire day! It also matches very well with my skin tone and blends very well. It leaves a great silky finish :)

It's a little pricey, but it's worth the extra bucks because you don't have to reapply throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lottiescarlett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am incredibly pale, as in literally transparent, I also have coppery hair and the freckles that go with it. I really struggle with getting the shades right. I got this in 'light' and it is perfect for my skin tone. I also used this on my mum for a wedding and she's darker than me, and it still blended perfectly. I've been using this concealer for 2/3 months now, and I use it just before powder.

I was VERY IMPRESSED with the Estee Lauder doublewear concealer as it was my first 'grown up' concealer I'd bought since getting my first job. The packaging is fine - functional and handbag friendly. I bought a concealer brush and use every day at least once and I predict this is going to last me absolutely ages. I currently wear the Armani Face Fabric (shade 2) which is very light and this concealer compliments it perfectly.

I have quite dry skin in areas and this product was spot on - it didn't go flakey or weird. It's barely noticeable and is perfect for layering over redness and blemishes, as well as under eye bags, argh. The product lasted for 4ish hours easily, and needed very little re-doing over the course of the day. I really really recommend this product, I think for the price, quality and the little you need it's a very reasonable price. I paid £20 in Boots.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I never wear makeup, but when I do, it will only be a little bit of concealer to keep my skin looking nice if I have meetings, or am going out. This suits me perfectly. The colour match is phenomenal and the formula makes it even better. It is super long lasting which is great and then is never any colour fall out. It doesn't cake but glides on smoothy with a silky texture that is amazing to touch. I use this on top of my Chanel green concealer to conceal redness, or on the top of my cheeks and under my eyes. The applicator is great because you get the perfect amount of product - not too much and not too little. Such an amazing concealer and the only one for me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by KaitlinCaldwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My sister-inlaw swears by this stuff, I used hers and fell in love!

I always thought Estee Lauder was for the older generation but apparently young and older women buy it! I loved how this concealer covered my under eye circles so well, and did not cake up when I applied powder to lock in place. This product is awesome, I even use it as a primer with no problems, makes my shadows stay in place and makes the color stand out more.

My only complaint is the price, Estee Lauder is very expensive. If you go to Belk or Bealls (I'm in Texas you can always go online) it's best to just spend the 35$ and get the Estee Lauder gift that comes with a makeup bag, the overnight repair serum, daywear cream, pleasures lotion & mini fragrance, and a mascara & lipstick. I think Clinique and Lancome do the gift thing too..But I definitely reccommend!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this after using a sample and receiving comments on how good my skin looked. I was only wearing this as a concealer with no foundation and it had stayed on from seven am till 6pm with no touch-ups. It is excellent at covering marks on the skin and gives lasting coverage. I like the wand applicator and the packaging is fine, not fussy and not messy. This is a great product for covering redness and it does not give a mask like appearance, skin still feels like it can breathe. No break outs, can use in place of foundation as easy to stroke across cheeks/chin/nose and blend with fingers or brush, excellent coverage and longevity. Have used touché éclat, max factor pan stick, benefit camouflage, number seven and this is the best. Pricey but worth it.