August 1, 2014 | 1681 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG loose powder. It is finely milled and looks very natural. It keeps my oily skin under control (no powder will take me from oily to matte day, so I don't expect this powder to cure my oily skin), and has good coverage but not too heavy. I've tried every powder out there from T. LeClerc to Coty Airspun, and I keep coming back to MUFE Super Mat.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

This was my HG powder for the last few years but now I use the MUFE HD powder. The Super Matte Powder gives a great smooth coverage and doesn't oxidize as the day wears on. I did wish that it would stay matte longer but it's still a good product. I've traveled with this many times and as long as you keep the puff inside it won't make a mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a DDD and have been looking for a loose powder with both oil control and a little coverage (pressed powders don't agree with my acne-prone skin). I have been using this for about three weeks and it just doesn't wow me. Even with a brush, it goes on kind of heavy and makes my skin look a bit muddy. I guess there are those here who like the texture of the powder but I find that it's hardly finely milled enough for my tastes. Also, the oil control is less than impressive for me (and I'm not even that oily anymore thanks to age and Tazorac). For the price I think I can find better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

From www.sephora.com:

Super Matte Loose Powder provides a light, silky veil that is the perfect matte finish for your foundation. The texture is so smooth you can also apply it directly onto the skin. Perfect for all skin types, even very dry skin.

My Skin Type:

Ranging from very dry to normal/dry. Sensitive, acne prone.

My Skin Tone:

Some said I have very fair, Casper-ish complexion. Frankly speaking, thatís what you see in my FOTDs, but I personally think I look (much) darker in person than in those photos. Still, yes, Iím quite fair.

Bottomline: my skintone range is lighter than MAC NC/NW15 to NC/NW20.

I have neutral cool undertone.

Packaging:

Round clear plastic tub with sifter. Practical for home, potentially messy for travel.

Color Selection:

Huge! Especially if you look at their official website, there are plenty of choices, including ones for color correcting purposes.

Texture:

Super silky and smooth. MUFE powders are the hands down, most finely milled powder Iíve ever seen in the market. In terms of talc-based powder, Shu and Stila may come close (or just as smooth). NARS is not as finely milled, T.LeClerc is really rough.

Coverage:

Sheer. Just evens out skintone. NARS LP and T.LeClerc LP have more coverage.

Blendability:

MUFE Super Matte LP is very light and discreet, it feels very ďdryĒ to the touch, hence it spreads really well. Even on top of greasy sunscreen. You donít have to use much either.

I usually apply it with flocking puff. Shu Uemura or The Face Shop works very well.

Finish:

Super smooth and matte. The smoothest Iíve get from talc-based powder. Works very well around my large pores.

Oil Control:

Superb. Best oil controlling powder Iíve tried, hands down. Even though I have dry skin now, I used to be super oily. The kind of girl who used several blotting films every 2 hours. MUFE Super Matte LP is the only one who can make me looks matte for around 5 hours.

I used this powder until my skin turns dry, even then it still works very well even on top of dry skin. Doesnít emphasize flakiness either.

My General Review:

While the description above looks like a dream powder, this powder have one major flaw: it oxidizes on me!

Thatís the reason I moved on to NARS, which doesnít oxidize although itís not as finely milled as MUFE.

Price:

Long time ago, this was IDR210,000 for 28gram. Pretty cheap, no? Even cheaper than brands like Etude.

One day, they slashed the content :P It was still sold at IDR210,00, but now the tub only contain 10gram of product. The 28gram tub is still available at selected MUFE store in Indonesia, with higher price, presumably.

I donít really remember the price of the 10gram tub now. IDR235,000 if Iím not mistaken. USD24 at Sephora.

Availability:

MUFE is available at all SOGO Department Store Jakarta, Indonesia. Thereís also a boutique in Plaza Indonesia and Dharmawangsa Square.

Ingredients:

Talc, Silica, Nylon-12, Serica Powder (Silk Powder), Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Dehydroacetic Acid.

What Else You Need To Know:

This is my first ever high end powderÖ.bought it when I was still in my early college years :P

A 28gram tub lasted for around 1 year, with everyday use.

Overall Rating:

4 out of 5. Itís a fabulous LP, except for the oxidation part. My skin is very sensitive and oxidize easily though. If you skin doesnít have this problem, I highly recommend you to try out this powder.
continued >>

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xmusicxbunnyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite powder, but i wish it weren't so expensive! I can't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this powder. I was never a fan of loose powders before. When I was younger I used Cover Girl's loose powder for a while until I realized it was breaking me out HORRIBLY. And ever since then I steared clear of loose powders. But I recently picked this up from sephora and so far so good. I got the lightest shade, or I think it's actually translucent... It works out great for me. It doesn't LOOK like I have powder on, it just takes the shine away. It doesn't get cakey. And best of all, it doesn't clog my pores. I have had no breakouts from using this. I mix my Clinique foundation with Neutrogena moisturizer to make my own tinted moisturizer (it just works out better that way for me) and then I dust this lightly on top, and guess what? it looks like my skin! I think this will last a really long time, probably at least a few months. I will most likely re-purchase.

[update 6/3/09] I'm still liking this powder quite a bit. I've re-purchased about 3 times I think? and this last time I didn't get the translucent shade (which is #12) I got the next one up that actually has some pigment (which is #14). I think it has a slight yellow-ish undertone. I wore it today by itself! I've been so happy with my skin lately that I felt confident enough to go foundation-free! I only wore some Neutrogena concealer on my undereye circles and uneven eyelids. Then used a fluffy powder brush to apply to the rest of my face. Looked pretty amazing! It concealed some red-ness and mattified the rest of my face. I wasn't looking for coverage since it is only a loose powder. But it was just enough for me to be confident with no foundation! will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

this is an overall good mattifying powder, but i wish the matte effect would hold up longer...this product is called "super mat" afterall...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the search for my HG mattifying loose powder...

This is ridiculously expensive for its price, much more so than the Coty Translucent l/p was I using before. The Coty had 2.33 oz (approx) of powder, and sold for $6.99 while this powder has 0.35 oz (approx) of powder and sells for around $24. This powder is incredibly expensive, but has better packaging than the Coty (would make traveling w/this IMPOSSIBLE - powder would get everywhere).

While this leaves a matte finish for a few hours, it doesn't keep oil at bay all day. I like how this didn't add a slight white sheen like the Coty did. But won't repurchase, too expensive for not even mattifying my face all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by FluffyStarr

Like the reviewer below said, I too use it generously every day. It mattifies my oily t-zone very effectively. And the color selection is quite decent, although it is sheer enough that you don't really see the color. I have been using this for a few years now, for photography, stage, and every day, and it gives me a very smooth invisible matted canvas for my various makeup looks. It definitely my HG powder. But I was very sad that they discontinued my color. Gah! That always happens to me. *cries* It was a very yellow toned one. I don't know the name, but now I use a more orange toned one, cut with a lighter one. So I have to buy two. *ouch, my wallet hurts* But, still it is my fave powder because of it's magical oil absorbing powers! Will keep repurchasing. But wish I didn't have to buy two different ones. My skin tone is not THAT unusual is it? Oy... Not light. But not dark. What am I? It's always been very difficult for me to find makeup matches, but I find lines are getting better. I bet lots of you with mediumish tones agree with me. At least there is progress!!!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

I use this product generously everyday. It is really good at keeping my skin matte looking after applying sunscreen which leaves me shiny. I bought this in the summer and use it everyday, I still have more then 1/3 left. Does not aggravate my problem skin and does not lead to clogging. Works well as a finishing out powder but on most days I just use this alone after my skincare routine. Leaves a natural finish, no trace of powder with the finish. 5 stars but I'm curious to see how the HD powder from this line compares.