April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - White Linen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my every day summertime fragrance. I wear it especially when I wear white and blue or nautical-themed clothing (like my Lauren stuff). I have the entire line: powder, lotion, perfume, EDP spray. it's a rose fragrance without an overpowering rose, it's a dry powdery kind of fragrance that's just right for summer. I tried the newer versions but they are not for me, gave them to my D's (who like the original too). Fragrance is so personal. You have to find what you like and what works for you.
Estee Lauder fragrances are not expensive, real bargains when compared to imported ones, and are worth a sniff or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MsFenton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my signature scent for years. When you put it on in the morning, later at night the waitperson at dinner will say..."What are you wearing? It smells like you just got out of the shower." Unfortunately, now it seems sort of peppery on me. Almost like dirt/earth. I still love it, but I am reconsidering since my fiance said..."It smells like a French whorehouse in here!"

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by brandde

This fragrance is one I always go back to, like Private Collection. It is one of those fragrances that never seems to date. Classy and mysterious. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume!!! This has always been my absolute favorite because it's so light and fresh smelling. I constantly get compliments on this and will continue to repurchase as long as they continue to sell it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Hmmm....
I love just about everything in White Linen! The crisp, clean freshness. How unique it is. It's very easy to recognize on others as nothing else really smells like it(even the other versions of White Linen).
It would be perfect for me - light, fresh, clean, long lasting, just enough sweetness, unique, etc. - except for this strange note in it that makes it smell a bit dated. Well, not even dated really. Just odd and unpleasant. I wish they would make White Linen without this one note, but then it wouldn't be White Linen, would it?
I took off one lippie for that one note, but I probably shouldn't as it's part of the whole fragrance. Oh well.
Maybe I'll repurchase in the future if I can get over that note....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ananga

This is awfull!!! I have never smelled anything worse! My wc shell cleanser smells better . I would not recomend to anyone, they should be ashamed of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect summer scent. It's very light and, of course, airy. The jasmine notes really work with my body chemistry so I smell very delicate all day. I love to wear this to the beach or out to dinner during the summer since it's just so lovely. Unfortunately, my mom says it makes her smell like a dirty old blanket lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 7:09:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my mum's fave scent and I grew up smelling it. I love the crispness and cleaniness of this scent (hence the name White Linen..LOL). Wearing this reminds me of my childhood so I will purchase this over and over again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I have always wanted to wear WL. It smells soooo good on the few people I know that wear it. But my chemistry is all wrong for this one. Smells like pure talcum powder sprinkled over dead, dusty flowers. None of the notes develop on me at all. It just lies dead on my skin. Such a shame...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely floral perfume...has roses,lily of the valley,iris,violets...smells soapy and like roses and other flowers to me...like I just came out of my morning shower...