Estee Lauder White Linen

3.4

on 2/10/2008 9:10:00 AM

I remember the original ad campaign for this! ...gorgeous woman dressed in crisp white linen in a Hamptons-style garden yard...

Anyway, I started wearing this when I was 15. Fell in love immediately. The crisp greens are perfectly harmonized with the other notes, and lasts forever on my skin. This instantly changes my mood when I apply it; I feel energized, purposeful, subttly sexy. Love it.

EL came out with a limited edition solid lipstick-style version of this some years ago, and I was in love with the creamy texture and slight shimmer. I wore it down to the very end. I used Qtips and bobby pins to get to the last of it. I will forever replace this in EDP form, but may go months without wearing it. Love it.

on 2/9/2008 6:25:00 PM

I didn't buy this, but I smelled a knock off version of this at Walgreens. I couldn't stop smelling my hand where I had sprayed it. Reminds me of fresh, clean laundry with a hint of powder. Not too overbearing either. Reminds me of summer time.

on 2/7/2008 5:04:00 AM

This is actually one of the worst perfumes I've tried so far and I've tried it a number of times hoping to get that fresh clean linen smell but to no avail. This smells the exact opposite to me; heavy, cloying, spicy, used linen. I received this a couple of years ago from a friend who got this as a gift herself and hated it. She passed it to me and I passed it to my mother (she's 60 years old) because the smell seemed old ladyish to me. It turned out that she didn't like it either and gave it to my aunt. That's where I lost its traces; maybe it stayed with her or did she gave it away to I wonder? This is the only perfume I know that 3 out of 3 people (or maybe 4?) hated at once. It is also the only perfume that my mom (who wears anything and in large doses, from chanels to drugstore stuff) refused to keep. Awful is the only word to describe it.

on 1/30/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my every day summertime fragrance. I wear it especially when I wear white and blue or nautical-themed clothing (like my Lauren stuff). I have the entire line: powder, lotion, perfume, EDP spray. it's a rose fragrance without an overpowering rose, it's a dry powdery kind of fragrance that's just right for summer. I tried the newer versions but they are not for me, gave them to my D's (who like the original too). Fragrance is so personal. You have to find what you like and what works for you.
Estee Lauder fragrances are not expensive, real bargains when compared to imported ones, and are worth a sniff or two.

on 12/14/2007 9:46:00 PM

This has been my signature scent for years. When you put it on in the morning, later at night the waitperson at dinner will say..."What are you wearing? It smells like you just got out of the shower." Unfortunately, now it seems sort of peppery on me. Almost like dirt/earth. I still love it, but I am reconsidering since my fiance said..."It smells like a French whorehouse in here!"

on 11/26/2007 11:20:00 PM

This fragrance is one I always go back to, like Private Collection. It is one of those fragrances that never seems to date. Classy and mysterious. Lovely.

on 11/14/2007 4:23:00 PM

I love this perfume!!! This has always been my absolute favorite because it's so light and fresh smelling. I constantly get compliments on this and will continue to repurchase as long as they continue to sell it! :)

on 11/1/2007 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hmmm....
I love just about everything in White Linen! The crisp, clean freshness. How unique it is. It's very easy to recognize on others as nothing else really smells like it(even the other versions of White Linen).
It would be perfect for me - light, fresh, clean, long lasting, just enough sweetness, unique, etc. - except for this strange note in it that makes it smell a bit dated. Well, not even dated really. Just odd and unpleasant. I wish they would make White Linen without this one note, but then it wouldn't be White Linen, would it?
I took off one lippie for that one note, but I probably shouldn't as it's part of the whole fragrance. Oh well.
Maybe I'll repurchase in the future if I can get over that note....

on 10/30/2007 3:44:00 PM

This is awfull!!! I have never smelled anything worse! My wc shell cleanser smells better . I would not recomend to anyone, they should be ashamed of this.

on 10/20/2007 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a perfect summer scent. It's very light and, of course, airy. The jasmine notes really work with my body chemistry so I smell very delicate all day. I love to wear this to the beach or out to dinner during the summer since it's just so lovely. Unfortunately, my mom says it makes her smell like a dirty old blanket lol.

Popular Fragrances