Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 12/29/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So I finally found this on ebay, I apply this with a kabuki brush after applying concealer and foundation. I usually lke the dewy finish that my foundationgives me but on those days that I want to look professional, this definitely keeps my face matte. The giant jar lasts forever and is practically free due to the low price. I sent one for my mother and she loved it soo much. Will continue to purchase it if it runs out, but it would probably last me a year and a half.

on 11/11/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the little .9 ounce "salt shaker" canister of this powder to try out. So far, so good. I have only used it for a few days as a foundation setting light dusting of powder after my make up application is finished. It does what it is supposed to do and it does it very very well. The powder is white but goes on with no visible color or color change to my foundation/blush. I have somewhat dry skin and it is mature skin too and I do not have any settling into fine lines or caking. I use very little on my big brush and just fluff it on. I use a little soft eyeshadow brush to pat a bit of the product onto my undereye concealer. Works well there too. There is no luminosity or glow or sparkle here, just a good job at setting and keeping set my foundation for hours. It is very finely milled. I have long been a fan of the T.Leclerc powders and this one is just as nice in my opinion. Of course, it is talc instead of rice powder. Dirt cheap too. The little canister is not sexy looking or especially easy to use. I, so far, have just been shaking a bit in my palm and dipping my brush in and then taping the brush a time or two to distribute the powder into the brush. If I ever use up .9 ounces, I will certainly buy it again.

on 10/22/2011 6:08:00 PM

I love this! but the packaging is a pain. I just bought a powder dish with a sifter and put it in their. way less work and now I might not spill it everywhere all the time!

on 10/22/2011 12:02:00 PM

Love this.. works for every skin color because it is so finely milled. The only downfall is the packaging. I can't even tell u the amount of times I have dropped the entire container on the floor, but it puts other setting powders (mac, mufe, la mer, etc) to shame. This is the best stuff. It is in my kit and I know so many other artists who opt for this instead of the pricier stuff. If anything, just try it. The worst thing that could happen is that you don't like it, and if that's the case you can mail it to me! lol

on 9/28/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I actually purchased this to set my makeup for my Halloween costume this year. But because I won't be using THAT much over the Halloween season, I decided to bust it out early and use it for my day-to-day makeup as I was seeking a setting powder anyway. The powder doesn't add a pale cast to my face and keeps my makeup set for the entire day. My blush (Everyday Minerals "Back to School") tends to fade by the end of the day or melt off my oily face and this powder preserves my look. Another thing I like is that it keeps my forehead from getting too greasy, which in turns, makes my bangs greasy and separate. Gross huh? This powder is totally worth the money and is readily avaliable on eBay, Amazon and costume make-up websites.

on 8/9/2011 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Keeps my face smooth and oil free for a long time! Haven't noticed it change my foundation color at all. Packaging could be more user friendly. DEFINITELY FABULOUS!! I still love my MAC blot powder too though.
Update: I have found so many great uses for this!! take any cheap eye, lip or brow liner and draw two lines on your hand now brush some of this powder over the top of one and rub them both. The one with the powder will barely budge and the other smears all over! I use it over my ulta or color icon eyeliners and browliners to make them stay put but be warned it does make the color of the liner a shade lighter.

on 7/28/2011 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

While this is a neutral setting powder it did very slightly change the color of my creme foundation. It is a nice powder, but it made me look a little powdery. It did do a great job of setting my makeup and keeping it shine free and didn't dry out my skin.Was a lot better then the Translucent Fair powder though. The Visage Poudre is better. Ben Nye powder's are the only ones that never feel dry or heavy under my eyes. Amazing.

I love this product! It's definitely a HG for me! I love to use this to set my undereye concealer. Since the powder does whiten the skin a bit, it makes my undereye area look a bit brighter. it never cakes or settles into lines, it's perfect! I don't use it to set my foundation, but I think I will start using it for that as well. I wish they had a different packaging for this, but I can live with it!

on 3/16/2011 3:56:00 AM

I definitely agree with everyone that packaging needs improvement, but considering how well this product works, it can be overlooked.

Just a note to add on to the bunch of other reviews, when I first started using it, I'd brush it on like any other powder but by near the end of the day, my face would somehow look caked (this is hard to describe) - my face would look blotchy with foundation, as if I put too much on at certain points - though this only happened at problem areas (I get really oily skin, so my T-zone and cheeks) so it might be to do with my skin.

Anyway, recently I've been stippling it on and it works a whole lot better. The oil control is fantastic ! By the end of my 8-hour day, even though my face does feel a little oily (but still less oily than normal) and I've convinced myself that I look terrible, once I get my mirror out I'd see that my skin still looks quite matte and my foundation is still intact !

Colour is translucent and blends in well BUT I think it does still whiten your foundation colour a little. If you put on too much your skin will look dry so don't overload.

on 2/16/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A friend who is a makeup artist told me to use this, and said it was wonderful. She was right! I bought this at a costume supply store for super cheap. I, myself, didn't like the packaging too much so I used someone else's idea and bought some cheap-o powder, dumped it out, washed out the tub and filled it with this powder. Talk about perfect! The powder is so smooth and silky and goes on great. It is many hours before my skin starts to get shiny (which is a miracle since my face is a greasy mess) and when it does, I just fluff on a little bit of this and no more oil. Luckily this didn't break me out as well, considering I have uber-sensitive skin. Bottom line: perfect for any budget and virtually any skin type :)

**Update**
I ran out of my dry shampoo and my hair was looking pretty bad, I put this on my roots....and no more oil, I use it as my dry shampoo now. LOL, love love love this stuff!

Recommended for Normal Skin