Philosophy Falling in Love

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There was a time when I loved this perfume but no more. :(
At the time I liked that is smelled sweet, like cotton candy but after I wear it awhile it begins to smell different . . . . my fiancee was the first to pin down just what it smelled like - sweet egg yokes. I know, I know, it sounds weird but honestly it does end up smelling so different at the end of the day than when you first put it on. And well, its like egg yokes, not rotten eggs or anything but sweet ones. It was nice in the beginning. Oh well, I am now on the hunt for a new fragrance.

on 12/20/2009 11:54:00 AM

This is my HG scent. I usually wear it most days of the week as it is a nice, subtle daytime scent.

The scent is sweet and fresh....blackberries, vanilla, and maybe a little floral. A lot of people say it smells like cotton candy, but I don't necessarily agree. There is something very bubbly about the scent. If you don't like sweet fragrances, this is not for you.

My one gripe (hence the 3 out of 5 lippies) is that is has NO LASTING POWER whatsoever. Not to mention, Philosophy products are by no means cheap. Most days, I use the FIL shower gel, body lotion, body splash, and roll-on perfume (I had the EDP spray but ran out). A few hours later, the scent is completely gone. I even keep a roll-on of a FIL dupe in my desk at work to do a touch up!

I'm disappointed that this has no lasting power, but it smells too good to give up...what can I say...I've fallen in love with Falling in Love!

I have the oil roller ball in this scent and just bought the fragrance spray today. I have to say i love the fragrance spray even better! This scent is just so yummy! I wish the staying power was a little longer, but even in the concentrated oil in this scent it doesn't last all that long. ( which is why i took one lippie off) the good thing is at only $40 bucks for a pretty decent size bottle of it you can spray as much as you want and go buy more! I think this is a zillion times better then trish mcevoy #9. People like to compare the two a lot and while they do have a very similar scent to each other I find falling in love to be sweeter, more girly, more flirty and a lot cleaner smelling then #9. I would def buy this scent again.

on 12/7/2009 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite from the Philosophy fragrance line. I ordered this from QVC and will be getting it on Auto-Delivery! What a wondderful treat every 90 days!! The package comes with parfume, soap, shower gel, and body emulsion.

on 11/2/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

smell gorgeous make me feel fresh and beautful just what every girl needs :~)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this scent, and I know it's great cause it's the only scent my SO has EVER made a comment on, and I have many, many perfumes. It's a unique warm, romantic, sweeter scent, almost like cotton candy for adults. I don't wear it every day, but pull it out as a secret weapon to make my SO weak in the knees. I even like wearing it before bedtime, since it is comforting. Will ALWAYS have this and come back to it!! (Thankfully I got it in the HUGE size on QVC).

on 9/7/2009 1:20:00 PM

this scent is truly a FEELING~a warm,cozy,sweet MOOD! it is light and comforting,never overpowering and has a yummy quality that can't be described...perfect for vanilla lovers who want something with a twist! they say men love it,but it's a scent you can wear for YOU,a real mood enhancer... love the oil-roll-on-bottle!!!

on 8/23/2009 2:03:00 AM

This is a fun, flirty scent. Heads turn because you're a walking dessert. mmm

It's a very sweet fragrance. You may want to reserve it for just certain occasions. It might be a bit too much to wear this on a regular basis.

It's lasting power is not great. So buy the small one so that you can carry it in your purse and use it throughout the day, if desired.

Would re-purchase.

on 8/16/2009 12:57:00 AM

It's funny I'm always black or white with Philosphy's products. I either love or dislike them. I bought Falling In Love from watching Christina (Owner) of Philosphy brag on about how much of a "man magnet" this is on an airing for QVC. I pretty much liked all of the notes listed in this perfume and was eager to honor this as my new #1 perfume. Luckily, I only bought the small size which only set me back $20. I remember first spritzing this on and saying "wow, not sure of this, I smell like a dessert." I figure I let it linger as the day progressed and assumed it would subdue a bit. But, it didn't, it just made me smell sticky sweet from my head to my feet! I didn't get any positive feedback either, like I did with Amazing Grace. So, I threw that bottle of cherry cotton candy in the trash.

on 8/15/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A wearable light musk. Clean linen. Young.

Popular Fragrances