Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 3/1/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I wish Cover Girl would update/increase their color selections; this would be my ideal quick-and-easy "foundation" if it only matched me.

Classic Ivory is an OK option for my skin in winter---I can definitely use up what I have. Unfortunately, it's a bit too light and lacks the golden undertones of my skin, making me look a bit dull.

My skin is actually a light-medium sandy beige. But the lightest shade in that family, Buff Beige, is too tan. Cover GIrl foundation colors tend to lack nuance.

I really like the product itself, though. After applying concealer under the eyes and over any obvious marks, I can build light coverage that stays put pretty well all day. My skin doesn't turn oily, either, nor do I break out. I love the convenience and light feel of this product! Application is very quick. Please, CG, get with the program and offer better skin-like tones.

on 3/1/2011 6:11:00 AM

I first started using this in high school after I stole it from my mom. I'm now 28 and I can't get away from it. In high school when I was always tan, it was a good match. Now I get really light in the winter and the classic ivory doesn't match great, but I wear 1 shade lighter in my liquid foundation (which I only wear around my nose and cheeks) to counter balance this. In the winter when I'm light, it does give me a slightly pink hue, but it controls my oil so well (the main reason I use this) that I don't care. In fact, I've been using this as long as I've been wearing makeup and I didn't know I had an oily T zone until I tried other powders (was looking for something that color matched better) and I was a greaseball with EVERYTHING else. So back to wearing this, which is great because it's so inexpensive. Just wish they had better color options. I apply this with the Everyday Minerals Flat Top brush for a super even matte coverage. I work 12 hour shifts and by the end, I have a healthy dewy look, but definitely not oily.

I use this in Classic Ivory for my NC20 skin tone. It couldn't be more perfect for me. It covers like a dream. The color is brilliant, not orange or yellow, but a very neutral color with just a hint of pink undertone. I NEVER get greasy when using this powder. I apply it with the sponge that is provided in the compact and press it over my face then buff it with a kabuki brush. Sometimes I wear it alone but most of the time I wear it over my Colorstay foundation for dry skin. It is flawless and mistake proof every time. The finish lasts all day. I wore this when i was giving birth to my second baby and I look fantastic in all my pictures :) I agree with a previous reviewer that I would like to have the sponge in a different compartment other than with the powder, but oh well. I highly recommend this powder.

on 12/24/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not look good on my skin. It was uneven and cakey and the color options didn't match my skin.

on 11/28/2010 10:42:00 PM

I tried this product when I was 12. I liked it then because it provided more coverage than other pressed powders and could still work as a setting powder for liquid foundation. I've tried different powders throughout my life (I'm 23) and I've always come back to this. I still experiment with different powders and foundations from time to time, but I always find myself keeping this as a constant. Plus, it's only $6.

on 5/30/2010 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At my age (39), I've tried everything on the planet, seems like, to control the oil on my face and have learned to be satisfied with "okay" face powder.

This was more than okay (thus the number of lippies) in that the color is a perfect match for my skin (Ivory, or 505), and did not make me look pink or yellow but nice and even.
It was just okay in that it doesn't really stay on for coverage, and I still have severe oily patches on my face in just a few hours -- but that's not the powder's fault. Evidently I have oil wells on my face that cannot be controlled.
In the winter, however, I barely ever have to touch up this product, so it's partly the climate in Texas, and partly my skin.

Love the slick and simple packaging, love the color, and easy enough to be pleased with for touch-ups. Will re-purchase until I find the holy grail of powders that actually can control my shine.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is the first powder foundation that has given me enough coverage to leave me satisfied. I apply this powder first dusting my whole face with a fluffy round brush and the use the sponge applicator to go over areas where I need extra coverage like cheeks and chin. For a powder, I was surprised that I didn't require that many touch ups. I also have used this as finishing powder over liquid foundation and it's reduced my concealing needs significantly. The only thing I wish was different about this is the packaging. I wish the compact had a separate compartment on the bottom for the sponge. The powder is lightweight and stays true to the color in the pan. I've had bad experiences with shades turning orange on my face, especially after a little oil shows up. That being said, this powder doesn't do anything for oil control but it doesn't claim to either. This powder is becoming one of my fast favorites.

on 5/5/2010 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

To be fair, I use this as a setting powder not a foundation. I take a blush brush and dash it along areas that tend to be oily (t-zone, upper cheekbones, and forehead are most likely for me) I have dry skin but sometimes humidity or heat can make it combo, so I use this a bit more during the summer (esp. July & August) when going out. I think it works great for this actually. It's shimmer free (which is very important, after all you don't want shine to be shinier), heavy enough to control oil, but light enough that it doesn't interfere with my foundation or the way my skin feels. And because I only use it on the occasion, one of these seriously lasts me a good year or two. However I do think someone using this as a foundation would go through these on a regular every few months basis.

Overall a good product. I can't speak on this as a foundation, but as a setting powder it is pretty much a staple for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately, this (like many other Cover Girl products) broke me out. If it wasn't for that, I would definitely give it a 4. I love how easy this is to put on and I love the coverage of it. I like the compact feature too because I can just toss it in my purse for any touchups or whatnot. I just wish this would last a little longer on my face.

on 3/18/2010 4:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I saw a review on this powder, and decided I needed to try it. I was looking for something that would give me better coverage. I'm so glad I bought it because it has wonderful coverage for a powder foundation and it's super cheap. The best thing is that it doesn't oxidize on my face (so no orange face!). I wear the lightest shade, 505 Ivory, but it's a little dark for me. Somehow it manages to blend in with my skin, but if they made a lighter color I would buy it instead.