September 18, 2014 | 1871 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this in Classic Ivory for my NC20 skin tone. It couldn't be more perfect for me. It covers like a dream. The color is brilliant, not orange or yellow, but a very neutral color with just a hint of pink undertone. I NEVER get greasy when using this powder. I apply it with the sponge that is provided in the compact and press it over my face then buff it with a kabuki brush. Sometimes I wear it alone but most of the time I wear it over my Colorstay foundation for dry skin. It is flawless and mistake proof every time. The finish lasts all day. I wore this when i was giving birth to my second baby and I look fantastic in all my pictures :) I agree with a previous reviewer that I would like to have the sponge in a different compartment other than with the powder, but oh well. I highly recommend this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Binky15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not look good on my skin. It was uneven and cakey and the color options didn't match my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product when I was 12. I liked it then because it provided more coverage than other pressed powders and could still work as a setting powder for liquid foundation. I've tried different powders throughout my life (I'm 23) and I've always come back to this. I still experiment with different powders and foundations from time to time, but I always find myself keeping this as a constant. Plus, it's only $6.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At my age (39), I've tried everything on the planet, seems like, to control the oil on my face and have learned to be satisfied with "okay" face powder.

This was more than okay (thus the number of lippies) in that the color is a perfect match for my skin (Ivory, or 505), and did not make me look pink or yellow but nice and even.
It was just okay in that it doesn't really stay on for coverage, and I still have severe oily patches on my face in just a few hours -- but that's not the powder's fault. Evidently I have oil wells on my face that cannot be controlled.
In the winter, however, I barely ever have to touch up this product, so it's partly the climate in Texas, and partly my skin.

Love the slick and simple packaging, love the color, and easy enough to be pleased with for touch-ups. Will re-purchase until I find the holy grail of powders that actually can control my shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first powder foundation that has given me enough coverage to leave me satisfied. I apply this powder first dusting my whole face with a fluffy round brush and the use the sponge applicator to go over areas where I need extra coverage like cheeks and chin. For a powder, I was surprised that I didn't require that many touch ups. I also have used this as finishing powder over liquid foundation and it's reduced my concealing needs significantly. The only thing I wish was different about this is the packaging. I wish the compact had a separate compartment on the bottom for the sponge. The powder is lightweight and stays true to the color in the pan. I've had bad experiences with shades turning orange on my face, especially after a little oil shows up. That being said, this powder doesn't do anything for oil control but it doesn't claim to either. This powder is becoming one of my fast favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be fair, I use this as a setting powder not a foundation. I take a blush brush and dash it along areas that tend to be oily (t-zone, upper cheekbones, and forehead are most likely for me) I have dry skin but sometimes humidity or heat can make it combo, so I use this a bit more during the summer (esp. July & August) when going out. I think it works great for this actually. It's shimmer free (which is very important, after all you don't want shine to be shinier), heavy enough to control oil, but light enough that it doesn't interfere with my foundation or the way my skin feels. And because I only use it on the occasion, one of these seriously lasts me a good year or two. However I do think someone using this as a foundation would go through these on a regular every few months basis.

Overall a good product. I can't speak on this as a foundation, but as a setting powder it is pretty much a staple for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Paleskinblueeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this (like many other Cover Girl products) broke me out. If it wasn't for that, I would definitely give it a 4. I love how easy this is to put on and I love the coverage of it. I like the compact feature too because I can just toss it in my purse for any touchups or whatnot. I just wish this would last a little longer on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I saw a review on this powder, and decided I needed to try it. I was looking for something that would give me better coverage. I'm so glad I bought it because it has wonderful coverage for a powder foundation and it's super cheap. The best thing is that it doesn't oxidize on my face (so no orange face!). I wear the lightest shade, 505 Ivory, but it's a little dark for me. Somehow it manages to blend in with my skin, but if they made a lighter color I would buy it instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gaucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product and am currently mourning its discontinuation in Canada. I used it for about ten years, and even when I tried expensive brands and mineral formulas, I never found a powder foundation I liked as much as this. I am quite fair, and the Ivory shade matched my skin really well. I also liked the natural finish, and how the makeup kept me fairly matte and minimized pores. It is also non-acnegenic and oil freeThe sponge applicator is best suited for touch-ups; it's better to apply this foundation with a brush. I am still looking for a substitute, to no avail.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite drug store powder foundation. Been using it for years. Has great coverage and doesn't dry out skin. I like the smell too. Not as great as dept. store brands but still good.