April 21, 2014 | 1361 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first powder foundation that has given me enough coverage to leave me satisfied. I apply this powder first dusting my whole face with a fluffy round brush and the use the sponge applicator to go over areas where I need extra coverage like cheeks and chin. For a powder, I was surprised that I didn't require that many touch ups. I also have used this as finishing powder over liquid foundation and it's reduced my concealing needs significantly. The only thing I wish was different about this is the packaging. I wish the compact had a separate compartment on the bottom for the sponge. The powder is lightweight and stays true to the color in the pan. I've had bad experiences with shades turning orange on my face, especially after a little oil shows up. That being said, this powder doesn't do anything for oil control but it doesn't claim to either. This powder is becoming one of my fast favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be fair, I use this as a setting powder not a foundation. I take a blush brush and dash it along areas that tend to be oily (t-zone, upper cheekbones, and forehead are most likely for me) I have dry skin but sometimes humidity or heat can make it combo, so I use this a bit more during the summer (esp. July & August) when going out. I think it works great for this actually. It's shimmer free (which is very important, after all you don't want shine to be shinier), heavy enough to control oil, but light enough that it doesn't interfere with my foundation or the way my skin feels. And because I only use it on the occasion, one of these seriously lasts me a good year or two. However I do think someone using this as a foundation would go through these on a regular every few months basis.

Overall a good product. I can't speak on this as a foundation, but as a setting powder it is pretty much a staple for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Paleskinblueeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this (like many other Cover Girl products) broke me out. If it wasn't for that, I would definitely give it a 4. I love how easy this is to put on and I love the coverage of it. I like the compact feature too because I can just toss it in my purse for any touchups or whatnot. I just wish this would last a little longer on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I saw a review on this powder, and decided I needed to try it. I was looking for something that would give me better coverage. I'm so glad I bought it because it has wonderful coverage for a powder foundation and it's super cheap. The best thing is that it doesn't oxidize on my face (so no orange face!). I wear the lightest shade, 505 Ivory, but it's a little dark for me. Somehow it manages to blend in with my skin, but if they made a lighter color I would buy it instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gaucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product and am currently mourning its discontinuation in Canada. I used it for about ten years, and even when I tried expensive brands and mineral formulas, I never found a powder foundation I liked as much as this. I am quite fair, and the Ivory shade matched my skin really well. I also liked the natural finish, and how the makeup kept me fairly matte and minimized pores. It is also non-acnegenic and oil freeThe sponge applicator is best suited for touch-ups; it's better to apply this foundation with a brush. I am still looking for a substitute, to no avail.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite drug store powder foundation. Been using it for years. Has great coverage and doesn't dry out skin. I like the smell too. Not as great as dept. store brands but still good.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by JillyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good high coverage powder for a ds brand. Its cheap and it really gets the job done when you need extra coverage. I apply this with EOB's blender brush and swirl it over my foundation when I need a matte extra coverage look. It can however get a bit cakey and chalky if you go overboard. Definately, not the best out of all powders out there. I think I prefer Physicians Formula a little better... its more silky. I would repurchase in a pinch... I have done so many times. I'm about NC20 and I wear the shade Classic Ivory. I tried the lightest in Ivory and it was very pinky-orange. If you are ultra PPP, you will probably notice this powder compact runs dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder foundation. I have used it for years (over 25) and though I love high-end products and mostly use Bobbi Brown make-up, I always have at least one compact of this on hand. I have oily to combination skin with occasional break-outs (still!) and the beginning of some lines around my eyes and smile. This has always made my skin look perfect and has a beautifully matte finish that absorbs oil but doesn't seem to settle into my fine lines. I use Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Sand (2) as a concealer and finish my face with this in Classic Ivory. It is a nice neutral with a little bit of a yellow base. Ivory is a little pinker. As a high school and college student I used a less expensive concealer on problem areas and finished with this powder and it is always flawless. I use this at home and keep a compact of Bobbi's light yellow pressed powder in my purse if I need to touch up a little shine during the day. This is probably the only product I have hit the pan of ever, and I've used many, many of these over the years. It doesn't break me out. I use the sponge to apply and buy extras to keep it clean. Great product, great price, and the packaging is sleek and understated and fits right in with my other BB palettes on my vanity.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DevilDucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I first discovered this product at age sixteen, and I'm still absolutely loyal to it today, twelve years later. It evens out my skin, covers up my redness, and provides a fresh, clean, matte - but not chalky - look that lasts for hours. My skin isn't in the greatest condition, but I've received so many compliments on how great my skin is, thanks to this foundation. My only complaint is that when you get towards the end of the pan (and I've gone through many, many pans) the product breaks and turns to loose powder in the container.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This makeup didn't provide good coverage for me at all. If you have clear skin with no acne this product might work for you, but I get blemishes which turn into red marks after they're gone and this makeup provided no coverage; I could still see the red marks no matter how much of this powder I piled on. Not good for people like me with bad skin.