MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

on 2/10/2011 12:46:00 AM

I like the color of this lipstick, very build-able and could look good on a variety of people...but it has ZERO staying power. I have to reapply it every five seconds.

on 2/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

This is great. I am so glad I listened to the reviews, and took the plunge. It looked a little darker than I expected in person so I was iffy. But when I wear it it's like my lips are just gorgeously flushed with a light application, and it's a pretty red with a heavy application.
I've been wearing it for two days in a row and my lips are not chapped at all. O______________O this is the first mac lipstick i have had that is completely non-drying. I'll be checking out more glazes, that's for sure!

on 1/27/2011 10:59:00 AM

wow- I just scanned other reviews and cant believe no one has mentioned the similarity it has to Channel rougecoco "mademoiselle". Holding them side to side u'd nevr guess it, but I recently purchased Chanel mademoiselle and am still carry'n it around (luv it!!!). So wen I got back to my car, after picking out "Hot Tahiti" for my B2MAC (and after a grueling 25min dealing with a BITCHY MAC mngr, and her clueless sidekick) I realized how crazy-same they are. The MAC is more on the glossy, while the Channel is more matte, but the comp is so close! I wouldve luvd to know this, cause the Chanel took eions to find in stock,lol
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how many MACcounters and stores employ "Im beter than you", clueless, biatches????
ps-sorry to any great MAC reps...I still have yet to meet u!

on 1/15/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great low profile red lipstick and it is very versatile because you can create a day or night look with it. I use this lipstick mostly for daytime/school on a daily basis. I like a natural bitten-lipped look so instead of applying lipstick the whole lip I dab it on, about 3 dabs each on the upper and lower lip then blend in with my fingers. Sometimes I would also just use the sharper edge of the lipstick to line my lips and blend it in. It gives my lips a reddish flush. Like some of the reviewers said it's like my lip color but about 2 shades darker. I will repurchase when I'm done with my tube.

on 12/26/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first MAC lipstick, and after learning to apply it correctly, it is certainly my go-to lippy. The color isn't too harsh, but stands out enough to be a little daring. Love it.

on 12/18/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's a decent enough lipstick -bright but not too garish, red with no strong undertones (either cool or warm)...If used lightly, a good my-lips-but-redder.

on 10/17/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great zesty colour for those who want to put some heat on their lips. It is a dark mix of red and pink- almost like a light burgundy colour. The colour itself is very rich and pigmented- but still build-able. One glide will give warm your lips up, but built it up and the colour will apply smooth amping up the tone to a much richer dark romantic tone.

Overall, I enjoy wearing it on the more gentle side to enhance my naturally pigmented lips- I feel like it enhances my appearance by making me appear more mature and confident due to the bold edge it has. However- this product loses one lippie, because as usual- MAC lipsticks are on the drying side. Don't forget your lip balm ladies!
Happy Shopping!

on 7/30/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

If you like a red lip then it is difficult to go wrong with this lippie.
One swipe gives a just been kissed look, any more just deepen the effect.
I totally get the hype about this lipstick. I love it!

on 7/16/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have found the MLBB lipstick I've been searching for. A tender, juicy and natural red that makes me look young, fresh. I would buy all the tubes I can get my hands on if MAC discontinues it

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this lipstick! My all time favorite. It looks so beautiful with my skin tone and provides the best red lips. I'm an NW25. This lipstick is so smooth and has the right amount of shine that makes your lips look luscious. Will buy again and again!

Popular Lipsticks