MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

OMG, my quest for a replacement for Aramoleigh's 'Crush' is finally over! Hot Tahiti is a gorgeous very wearable soft pinky red. I don't see any coral in it at all. I apply it and blot it, and my lips look flushed and beautiful and it perks up my whole face. Because I don't need much, it doesn't bother me that a heavy application doesn't stay long with this formulation.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this lipstick! I looks like a nice daytime rose/ coral/ red (I really can't describe it! Haha!) on my NC45 complexion. It's the perfect daytime lipstick for me; I carry it in my purse daily. I usually have to reapply it after meals, but I have to do that with all lipsticks, so that doesn't bother me. I can wear without liner or gloss, but I like it with brown liner and clear gloss for day and a red liner and a shimmery red/pink gloss for night. I'll definitely purchase again!

i actually stumbled across this when i went to purchase VG Cyndi (that just looked coral on me) so i did not purchase. the SA showed me this and i tried it on - INSTANT L.O.V.E haha. it is a very subtle reddish (raspberryish) color... that shows up nicely on my very pigmented lips. the only problem i have with this is that it doesnt last at all on the lip. it calls for many touch-ups during the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i finally found the perfect daytime red. i wear this with red enriched cremestick liner. it is one of those colors that can go a few different ways depending on the liner you use with it. for more of a neutral color i pair it with chestnut. if i want an orange shade i use mahogany liner. the color is fairly pigmented and it's not super moisturizing. i expect to reapply after eating or midway through the day but that's not a big deal for me. pretty with a gloss on top.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

On me, this color unfortunately looks nothing like the picture above. It is a warm sheer red that looks slightly orange which is unflattering for my teeth. It is a sheer lipstick, though, so the color will change depending on your natural lip color. The staying power is poor and it doesn't stain the lips, but on the other hand the formula is rather moisturizing.

A reviewer nailed this color on the head when they said it is a "juicy red" and a "kissable red". I could not think of a better way to describe this color. The glaze finish makes this color slip on easily and smooth (and moisturizing feeling). It is an odd color for me though. Some days, it feels like a juicy summer red. Other times (like if I wear it with a black shirt), it feels like a softer, yet darker red. I am NW20 with black/brown hair, brown eyes, rosey pigmented lips. Hot Tahiti makes all my other reds feel so uptight - stiff formal. Hot Tahiti feels - easy, relaxed, comfortable.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My endless quest for the perfect red may have ended with Hot Tahiti. I'm not sure how MAC arrived at the "reddish coral" description, but I politely disagree! It is such a gorgeous sheer red -- definitely more of a cool berry than any semblance of coral, at least on me (NW5-10; NARS Siberia). I love that it's sheer and buildable, too -- it can be a more dramatic red, but it can also be perfectly wearable during the day. Love!

I like the color of this lipstick, very build-able and could look good on a variety of people...but it has ZERO staying power. I have to reapply it every five seconds.

This is great. I am so glad I listened to the reviews, and took the plunge. It looked a little darker than I expected in person so I was iffy. But when I wear it it's like my lips are just gorgeously flushed with a light application, and it's a pretty red with a heavy application.
I've been wearing it for two days in a row and my lips are not chapped at all. O______________O this is the first mac lipstick i have had that is completely non-drying. I'll be checking out more glazes, that's for sure!

wow- I just scanned other reviews and cant believe no one has mentioned the similarity it has to Channel rougecoco "mademoiselle". Holding them side to side u'd nevr guess it, but I recently purchased Chanel mademoiselle and am still carry'n it around (luv it!!!). So wen I got back to my car, after picking out "Hot Tahiti" for my B2MAC (and after a grueling 25min dealing with a BITCHY MAC mngr, and her clueless sidekick) I realized how crazy-same they are. The MAC is more on the glossy, while the Channel is more matte, but the comp is so close! I wouldve luvd to know this, cause the Chanel took eions to find in stock,lol
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how many MACcounters and stores employ "Im beter than you", clueless, biatches????
ps-sorry to any great MAC reps...I still have yet to meet u!

Recommended for Medium Skin