October 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this soap for years, ever since i was a little kid. I have combination skin and Dove Beauty Bar does not irritate my skin at all. I find it to be very gentle and moisturizing. I do not use this bar on my face, but i do use it all over my body. It leaves a clean and fresh feeling after using, without any residue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bar is pretty good. I've been using it for quite a while to help control my combination skin. Ive been having a lot of clogged pores around my nose and t zone but dove hasn't made them any better or worse. Definitely gentle enough to use in my face and body. Didn't dry my face off or cause any excess oil production. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by TimDuncanFan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i l♥ve the pink rose. i have a beauty bar at every sink in my home and in the bathtub and shower. the smell is so beautiful. after my kids wash their hands in my bathroom downstairs i can walk in and my bathroom smells so awesome and beautiful! i wont use nothing else. my hubby also uses dove for men and he really likes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by otoesanchico

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years and always come back to it. Doesn't dry you out but gets you clean all over. I even shave with it most days! LOVE. My hg.... probably my only true hg product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I have been using this on & off ever since I can remember. It's great for your body, your face and even to clean makeup sponges (really works!). I remember hearing about a celebrity who used this to remove makeup, and it works for that, too. It's gentle enough for the face and actually helps a bit with my acne by drying it up. The smell reminds me of home, because most of my family uses this too. I keep a bar in my shower to wash my face with. Sometimes the simplest routines can make your skin look the best. I think that's the case with this. It's a classic beauty product that will always be a staple in my bathroom.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Ag22392

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rarely review on MUA. Either a product is disappointing so I throw it out and forget about it or it is just "meh" and I have nothing here nor there to contribute to the conversation. This soap is different. I have struggle with acne/ rosacea prone, oily skin since starting high school. So we're talking close to a decade here. I saw the "best" dermatologists in my state on the regs every year since I was 14 and have been on everything from prescription azealic acid, every retinoid currently on the market, and a slew of expensive face washes (Md forte immediately prior to washing with this). I have cysts on my ovaries, a slew of mineral deficiencies, and was recently diagnose with an autoimmune disease. If your skin is a visual of your health you can imagine what mine looked like. (aremedy, besides the above, that I highly recommend which I think cleared my acne by 70% was Saw Palmetto. I was originally prescribed Spironolactone but had a severe reaction to the dehydrating side effects and ended up with an electrolyte imbalance. So if you have acne and are over 1819 years old (puberty) I highly recommend giving it a try). Anyway, Dove changed my life. I don't know what exactly inspired me to try it, but I think after exhausting all the chemical formulation that I figured would blast my pores clean, I took a look around at my friends with the most beautiful skin. I realized that they did very little to it. Perhaps its all good genes, but judging by the beautiful skin of my brothers' I thought to myself that I didn't necessarily have bad skin myself. Within about two weeks of using dove soap my back and chest were 90% clear. Now this was the most convincing evidence, because I have had moderate to sever acne on my back for YEARS. As a former dancer you can imagine how much I hated showing skin. I legitimately went three years without wearing a swimsuit. And I live on the Gulf of Mexico. In the same amount of time my face was clear as well. This may not make your skin perfect, but it certainly will "do no harm." Although I still concern myself sometimes with whether this is okay, given criticisms that it is bad for your skin, I see no other alternatives that are better. Plus its sulfate free!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ikeameatballsandmooses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It dried out my combination skin pretty badly. Also, I hated the smell, it's so strong and synthetic.
This is one of the reasons why I changed to organic and natural.

I suggest that you spend your money on a nice chocolatebar instead of this Dehydration Bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mariacristinatoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! I use it as a face wash as it works great! I tried so many products and I always go back the $2.00 soap bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and years, I have dry skin and the strong scent has never irritated me, mind you my skin can be quite sensitive. I've tried many soaps and shower gels, and haven't found anything more gentle and moisturizing than this amazing bar. I even use it on my face when I run out of my cleanser, and it never irritates or breaks me out. Besides the one I have in my bathroom, I always have a bar or two on hand, and keep them in my wardrobe, opening the carton so it acts as a delicate freshener for my clothes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG body soap. Also use this as a shaving cream, nothing like this under the sun, you guys. It may not work for everyone, but those of us who grew up on this know what's up!