Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/7/2014 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well I liked Dove but I have to say I prefer Olay Age Defying Bar than this. I live in the Philippines and the Dove Beauty Bar formulation here is a bit different. It's not as creamy as it used to be, those old days when Dove bars were from the overseas coz it still wasn't available here. Well I guess they tried to reformulate the bar soap to suit Asian skin or the tropical weathers (the Philippines can be humid so using a moisturizing bar would rather feel icky than comforting). But I would have preferred it if it were its old, creamy, slippery self. Dove Bars have gone really drier these days. I also don't like the scent too much, it's a bit strong, it smells like an old woman.

on 3/3/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great soap, smells deliciously clean and fresh, don't use on my face as I thought its a no no, but after reading comments on here I may try it. HG soap, the fresh hand wash by dove is great too

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

after bad breakout due to hormonal issues, my dermatologist recommends to wash my face with dove. Dove doesn't clear up acne right away but it does help balancing my skin. It very soft, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin but does the job to remove dirt. I'm using some acne medication and dove as a face wash, they help clear up my acne and now my face looks a lot better. I think I'm gonna use it forever for my face and body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best soap in my life,,,having excellent qualities..It gives me glowing and bright face,,,love dove

on 2/11/2014 5:50:00 AM

I've been using dove since I was a little girl. Use it as a body wash and to was my face! I've heard to never use bar soap as a face wash but it's really gentle on my acne prone skin! The best way to use it is to lather the soap in your hand, keep working with it until it turns into a creamy foam, then gently massage onto face. Dove never dries out my skin, it adds a bit moisture. I've never had any skin issues while using this on my face. I love it! And it's super cheap! I buy them in bulk at costco.

on 2/7/2014 2:02:00 PM

I have very dry, very sensitive skin, but I'm not a fan of shower gels. Most bar soaps are way too drying or irritating for me. Dove is the only soap that doesn't feel like it's stripping my skin. I really love the creamy lather and the smell! It's creamy enough to shave my legs with! I was an Ivory girl for years, but in the winter months my skin just cannot take it! Now, I still have to lather up with Vaseline after I get out of the shower, but my skin is much, much less irritated.
On a side note, I know many people use Dove as a face wash, and I tried it, but even Dove dries out the skin on my face. I do MUCH better with Noxzema when it comes to my face.

on 1/27/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing cleanser, so moisturising but not filmy or anything. It just the best. My skin has been acting up coz of hormones and a pharmacist I work with recommended cetaphil which I tried and hate now ew it's so stripping and doesn't even feel comfy on my face. Dove beauty bar it is.

on 1/17/2014 3:04:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Best soap for face and body!!!!!!!!!!

on 1/12/2014 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is sort of an update, since I wrote a previous rave review for the Dove pink beauty bar,which is technically the same formula, except it's prettier and has a better scent.

I love this beauty bar, but I feel like I'm always on the prowl for the next best thing. Like, in my head, there's always something better than whatever I'm using, and I HAVE to have it.. there should be some sort of addiction program for people like myself. My best friend was here from out of the states, and we were shopping at WalMart, and she picked up a handful of Ambi complexion bars. I was immediately intrigued, and when she told me it keeps her from breakouts and keeps her skin clear, and even promises to brighten your skin (i don't know why I was even interested in that), I had to give it a try. I liked it at first, but a few days ago, I noticed that there was a red inflammation and slight rash forming around my mouth, I washed my face, and pretty much every area of my face was red. Not to mention it was just dry and uncomfortable. As much as I wanted to like that soap, my skin obviously didn't.

I threw it away, and looked in my mom's bathroom drawer and thankfully saw an unopened Dove beauty bar, and washed my face, as I have every morning and night following. Three days later, the rash is gone and the few pimples I had, have either dried up or are in the process of doing so. , I think I have found my HG cleanser/makeup remover. i won't make said mistake again. :)

on 12/30/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I prefer bar soaps to gels/body washes. Dove smells great and doesn't dry out my skin or break it out, and even helps calm my mild KP. I don't use it on my face, so I can't comment on its efficacy there, but for bath and body, it's unbeatable. There are cheaper soaps out there, but I don't normally bother with them. This is my HG soap for fall and winter, full stop!

Popular Gels/Soaps