Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Most amazing soap for my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I try other cleansers and always come back to this when my skin starts breaking out. Instantly, after I use it, my skin starts healing, and in a few days, it'll be a lot clearer and smoother than it was. Works well for all parts of the body - even female special parts. I also tried Olay cream bars, and even though I love the smell of their age defying variety, I break out like a teenager when u use those! Not with Dove. Dove soothes my skin, removes dirt and make up. Contrary to what people say here, it does leave a residue. That's the only way it'll keep skin moisturized after being rinsed off. But the good thing is, the residue is calming to my skin. Like a protective layer from the heat and dry winds of California. For those who have sensitive and oily skin, please do give it a try. It just might be the best decision you'll ever make for your skin.

on 6/3/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Dove Beauty Bar is my go-to facial cleanser. I started using this a few years ago when I was frustrated with my usual cleanser and received a recommendation for this product. I'm so glad I started. It's a simple, no-frills type cleanser but does the job (and does it well). My skin is relatively easy. Hormonal breakouts occasionally, somewhat sensitive, and dry. Other than that, no real issues.

This bar gets rid of all my makeup and doesn't leave my skin feeling too tight (although, I do continue to use moisturizer). At $2 a bar, I usually have several in my bathroom because they're so cheap and they last a long time! The smell is isn't offensive.. just a normal, light soap smell. The only (sort-of) downside is that it can "melt" if you leave it in a soap dish. I have a shower rack (for all my beauty products) and there is a space specifically for a bar soap. It keeps the soap dry when not in use and makes it easy to clean.

I'm a product junkie and have tried to stray several times but I keep coming back to my Dove Beauty Bar. It's cheap and works better than many high end brands! Definitely recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this soap. When it is on sale, I stock pile. We use it in the shower and for hand soap. The only downside to using it as a hand soap is that you have to get some kind of soap-saver thing for a dish. Otherwise it can start to "melt" a little in any water left in a soap dish. But I will literally never used anything else again for hand soap or bath soap. It is so much more moisturizing than any other thing I have used in the past. It has helped tremendously with my hand eczema and my husband's propensity towards breaking out in rashes in the winter. Great stuff.

on 4/5/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using Dove with an Olay face brush, and my skin looks great. Smooth, soft, clear. I have used this soap as a body wash for years but started using as a facial soap when I ran out of cleanser and nothing has been so simple and effective. I can't believe I have been wasting $$ on other products for years. I always have a stock of these on hand. I buy in bulk at Costco, cheap cheap cheap and super effective. My face has never looked so good.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

You know, I never thought much about this soap through out my 20 years of life. My mother used this on my brother and I all through our childhood and I still find myself buying it to this day. I have tried all kinds of cleansing products, both expensive and non-expensive. This soap works the BEST for all uses, including cleaning my makeup brushes and lady bits. The best part about this soap, though, is that it does not cause my acne-prone skin to break out. It's a life saver!! Thanks Dove!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best skinproduct ever. HG. Never had a bad reaction while using this. Cheap and does the job well.

on 3/31/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was very much a shower gel kind of girl, but my OH bought me some of this after I complained about having dry skin. I will always have to have this in my life, it's ridiculously good stuff! Soft, creamy, doesn't dry my skin, smells gorgeous and is pretty cheap! It's a lifesaver.

on 3/7/2014 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well I liked Dove but I have to say I prefer Olay Age Defying Bar than this. I live in the Philippines and the Dove Beauty Bar formulation here is a bit different. It's not as creamy as it used to be, those old days when Dove bars were from the overseas coz it still wasn't available here. Well I guess they tried to reformulate the bar soap to suit Asian skin or the tropical weathers (the Philippines can be humid so using a moisturizing bar would rather feel icky than comforting). But I would have preferred it if it were its old, creamy, slippery self. Dove Bars have gone really drier these days. I also don't like the scent too much, it's a bit strong, it smells like an old woman.

on 3/3/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great soap, smells deliciously clean and fresh, don't use on my face as I thought its a no no, but after reading comments on here I may try it. HG soap, the fresh hand wash by dove is great too

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

after bad breakout due to hormonal issues, my dermatologist recommends to wash my face with dove. Dove doesn't clear up acne right away but it does help balancing my skin. It very soft, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin but does the job to remove dirt. I'm using some acne medication and dove as a face wash, they help clear up my acne and now my face looks a lot better. I think I'm gonna use it forever for my face and body.