Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 10/4/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So lucky I found this. Such a natural cleansing soap. Better than any acne face wash. This makes my skin bright and glow. Highly recommend for acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin.

on 10/1/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this for the past 5 years . This soap leaves my face soft and clean . I have not bought face cleanser since i have used this . I use this when i run out of body wash sometimes too .

on 9/30/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Of all the things to give me Clear, blemish free skin I cannot believe it was a simple soap. always being told that soap was bad for my face, I avoided it much of my life. I also go through spells of horribly broken out skin too. I've tried everything on the market..literally. I finally gave up and said, enough is enough and I'm tired of spending money when nothing works. My Aunt who has beautiful 50 year old skin told me to use Dove, nothing else. i had nothing to lose and Starting using Dove exclusively to wash my face 4 weeks ago. My skin is completely clear and smooth. No breakouts, no clogs, no bumps, acne scars are healing. I'm dumbfounded but happy.

I'm using the original beauty bar, not the unscented or sensitive one, just the original. Twice a day. wipe with Witch hazel, Vitamin e oil on scars, lips and under eyes. I'm just amazed at what a huge difference a month can make.

when i started using it, it dried up existing blemishes. I got a few more in the first week, but small and they went away easily. I had clogged up pores too and by the end of the second week, I noticed those were going away too. By Week 3. clear skin, week 4, still clear. Didn't even breakout during my TOM, which never happens. I'm totally sold on Dove. I even got my BF to start using it and I've invested in a huge 10 pack!! lol

on 9/28/2014 9:55:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this beauty secret for my blemish free beautiful skin. I have gone through phases of breakouts my entire adult life, and never thought this is the answer to all my problems. I have considerably oily skin in the summer and combination skin in the winter. I am very prone to clog pores and therefore I always have a breakout on my face unless I use BP all over my face everyday. I regimen for Dan on acne.org did work for me, but I hate putting that much BP on my face everyday and it's so time consuming and takes deligent and dedication to maintain breakout free face. And so I venture out to find a routine that takes less time and uses less harsh products to maintain my face.

I found it. I use Dove white bar to wash my face twice a day everyday. it removes oil, makeup and keeps my face less oily and clean. If i do get a breakout, this soap kills it like nothing can. I have several packs of backup of this soap in case I ran out.

on 9/8/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use the Dove for Sensitve skin,unscented. I have extremely dry skin and it dries out even more during the winter. After seeing my dermatologist she recommended this soap. It does have a scent but not overpowering. It does not dry my skin out and I use it on my face to remove makeup and it does a great job.

on 8/29/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Our family swears by the Dove sensitive skin bar. It is very gentle to the skin. It is truely unscented and leaves no scent to the skin just clean.
This one, however, is my favorite. Nice light scent and I really like that it leaves my skin lightly scented even after rinsing off. The scent is clean, soft and soothing. It is very calming to me. Not overpowering or sweet just soft and clean. It also gives me a slight nostalgia feeling.
When used on my face my face feels very soft and clean. It removes all my makeup with no issues and I do not have to use makeup remover.
It is not a magic bar that clears up blemishes or rids my skin of my oiliness but it does make it softer than when I use other cleansers made for the face. Again it does NOT help with the oil or blemishes but does make it clean and soft. I only use Dove bar in the shower if I did not grab my cleanser.
Only soap my daughter can use

I am recently trying Dove's face wash range. Have been a loyal customer of Dove face bar but now its hight time to go for the face washes. Dove Deep Pure Face Wash thoroughly cleanses face and unclogs pores. After continuous use I am even noticing that my pore size has reduced. You can check the detailed review here: Dove Deep Pure Face Wash Pore Care Review continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

oh god,
this product made me break out.
i use 3 dove bar before i stopped, i purchase this after hearing rave review about this.
i stopped breaking out a while ago, then when i use this bar, i have nasty cyst and pimple all over my face AND body.
i thought there was something wrong with my face, but i switched back to baby shampoo and there's only acne scars left on my face.
seriously, if you have acne prone skin and live in a humid place don't use this.
i suggest using baby shampoo instead it work wonders on me.

and this soap sting the fuck out of my eyes, and it dries out my skin after showering, than it made my face look like an oil slick after 30 minutes.

on 8/10/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The Dove Beauty Bar is amazing! It smells and feels so nice on your skin. I have used nothing but Dove on my face since I was 14, people always guess my age at around 19-21, I will actually be 31 in a couple of weeks and believe it's all thanks to Dove!. :)

I use the Dove Beauty Bar on my face and the Dove Cream Bath in my baths and will never use anything else.

Also, as others have said, it's the best product to use when shaving.

on 8/9/2014 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

it's strange, the sensitive beauty bar is more drying than the original white bar. I have tons of this stuff lying around. There's Dove Baby scented and unscented both of which resemble Dove original white *unscented*.
See, here's the thing. All three species of bar contain the same ingredients. Unilever is required by FDA regulations to listing greetings on the package, but not the percentages. This would prevent knockoffs etc. so what I'm saying is the Dove unscented version is very much different from the original white unscented. And again, Dove original white unscented is different from the orginal white with scent.
The scent does bother my skin...that sucks. But there is Dove Original white *unscented* (blue box) that has the same lather.
So far, it's been ok with just Dove. I use a toner to remove residue, but I honestly don't think there's much of a residue, and if there is, it's ok with me.
Consistency is the key, and a clean diet.
***UPDATE***August 2014-- Well, I have been on a journey since my early 30's, trying to find a cleanser that will not irritate or clog my pores. After my proactiv phase in my late 20's I moved on to Dermalogica.
The world has less resources now than ever, and things are often being reformulated (from food products to cosmetics) with cheaper ingredients. This is what had happened to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel. Before then, it was an amazing cleanser that never irritated my skin. I have SLE and trying to find something that doesn't irritate my reactive skin is tough. Tougher now that I am nearly 40.
My skin was always rather resistant and oily, and could handle what ever I used. These days, due to the toxic environment we live in, my SLE and changing hormones I have dry/combo skin now.
I hate that Dove is tested on animals. I mean, this is 2014, why are they still using bunny ears? Not only does that make me feel bad, but my facial skin does not resemble that of a damned rabbit ear. That aside, I have tried everything thats available and in my budget which is becoming ever tighter. I have to make a choice based on logic and consistency.
Bringing Dove back, because I am sick of worrying, itching and the insane round & round.
***UPDATE*** well I've been using the orginal dove beauty bar (blue box) unscented for 3 weeks.
After the Natures Plus Natural Beauty Cleansing bar, my skin was a mess. Luckily, I have learned of ways to heal dehydration and such...lemon & sugar scrubs at night and yogurt masks in the day.
After intense masking and moisturizing for a week, my skin finally stopped scaling.
Now I am just using
1) Dove
2) Avene thermal h2o
3) Cetaphil lotion.
I read this routine on acne.org (blog called "Dove is my best friend) seemed logical.
As usual, will update in 3 weeks.
***UPDATE***
I used this for a while then switched to a Neostrata cleanser that didn't work out, and also Fresh's soy cleanser. No good.
Now I'm back to Dove, unscented. The sensitive skin version (aqua green label) is no good. It contains dipropylene glycol; a film forming agent that can dry and irritate the skin.
So now I'm using
A) Dove unscented
B) Na Pca mist from Nu Skin
C) then a mist over of Derma E Hyaluaronic Hydrating mist (contains very stable form of vitamin C)

That's all. Anything else such as vit c serum and salicylic acid/glycolic acid is very sparingly used as I find my skin is *very* easily irritated.
I will update on Jan 31/15
***UPDATE***
Wow, I made a discovery that was dismaying. At the dollar store they're selling 2 pkg bars of dove...from the UK. the formula is much different, it contains glycerin and the smell is the way old Dove use to smell.
The dove soap being sold in the stores here in Canada is cheap quality, nothing like the beauty cream bar from the UK. :(
I'll go back and buy up a great deal of it, as it's cheap there but still I am :(
***UPDATE***
The UK version is great. As Id said, the scent is great. It does bring back childhood memories. The canadian version never triggered any warm feelings , I was always curious why. My mother insisted on Dove in the house. It's much gentler and an all around better made, thicker, richer bar of soap, but it's a bit more pore clogging than the kind here at home. Still not HG. I am on a quest for safe, pH neutral bar soap. A bar soap with a a pH of 5 with certain ingredients is what I seek...but I am soon going to try Pure Soap by a company called Cal Ben. Im saving up the cash to get the soap because it's sooooo hard to get anyone to ship to Canada. ^ o authoritarian government?
***UPDATE*** my ongoing review on Dove soap is worthy of /r/skincareaddiction. It's there, Im not joking. There's a whole thread talking about just my review of dove soap, simply because it is lengthy and complicated.
And to add to it: I was using Johnsons head to toe and I completely wrecked my skin. Wrecked it like the old "boiling frog" proverb. I didn't know it was happening until today. I can't believe how *dumb I am. It's made to remove cradle cap. It's one of the most stripping things I've ever used...next to Likas.
So yes, back to dove. Dove without dipropylene glycol, which right now is only unscented & dove baby.
:( this has been hell for me.

Popular Gels/Soaps