April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

What I like about this brush is that it is very pointy. I am very glad that I bought this instead of the sigma one. It just made my life easier although I have to admit that this is very expensive. I have rather small eyes and every precision is needed when I do my outer V. I guess I could still do an outer V with a more fluffy round crease brush. But I will not be able to easily cover the groove area or do my under eyelash area with the same brush. It is a lazy man's brush. Do everything together. I am deducting one lippie bcos this brush is still alittle scratchy for the price I am using. I need to be very gentle when using it in order to not poke myself. haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

An absolutely fantastic brush! I use it mainly for smudging and putting shadow beneath my eyes. The hairs are plenty stiff so it's not too fluffy at all. A great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A brush of rather stiff white hair with a pointy edge with a long black handle, very elegant. This brush is excellent for applying shadow all over the lid, smudging eyeliner and applying shadow on the lower lid. But most of all, this brush is crease brush "for dummies" (this is me). It was impossible for me to do the outer V until I got this brush. Due to its pointy shape it's impossible for anyone not to achieve this smoky look seen on youtube (the dark shadow on half the crease and a darker shade on the V). I have tried a million times with other brushes and the result was just a dark stamp, so I was used to refer to smoky eyes as applying dark shadow all over the lid. The first time I used this lovely brush I understood why, no matter how much you have paid for a shadow or of how good quality it is, it's useless unless you have the right tool. It was rather expensive here, (almost 30-32 euros) but I would purchase again. It's the most valuable brush I own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush after seeing Pixiwoo use it in a youtube tutorial to do a Barbara Streisand smokey eye. I am not disappointed!

You can use this brush for so many things- smudging a darker shade into the outer corner or crease, placing colour along the lashline, or smudging pencil eyeliner for that Kate Moss look. It is a cinch to use, so easy to control and the bristles are of a lovely density- stiff enough to place colour accurately, but soft enough to blend/ smudge also.

This is a must have for me now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This is a good brush to smudge eyeliner and shadows ;) it's stiff enough to ally to the outer > ! love prob won't buy again cause I bought 3 of these ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by saffysmom

I love this, as it's so precise and you can use it on your eyes to define, or just smudge the eyeshadow. Pricey but worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this brush, although the price was steep for it, I know I will have it for a very long time. I adore it and it is one of those purchases Im not regretting so far. I use it almost daily since buying it from maccosmetics.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Great pencil brush, and much more than that. First off, it smudges pencil easily and beautifully. Gives you that smoked out effect but in a very neat and stuctured way - doesn't look like you just smeared the color all over with your fingers. Works on bare skin, or just over a base, or over multiple colors layered on top of each other. What it's also very good at, is getting at those smaller areas of the eye with precision: This is pretty much the only brush I'll use for highlighting my inner corner, and sometimes even the arch of my brow. Equally, it works just as well for defining the eye with darker colors, say you want a crease/bottom lashline/outer V that's a little sharper than usual, or you just happen to have a smaller crease/outer V area in general so you find that regular-sized blending brushes don't exactly do the trick for you. Go for this one. It packs on color nicely, and acts both as a mini "applier" and "blender" at the same time. Lovely, versatile brush. Would repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a really surprising brush! It looks so small that I thought, what can it possibly do? Lots, actually. I use it mainly for highlighting but it can competently achieve many types of usage, with ease. The price is expensive but it is value for money in how it makes doing makeup easier and more polished. Definitely recommend you to get this after you get your eyeshadow and eyeliner brush. Its usage is not easily duplicated by those two brushes, thus you don't need to worry about wasting money on something extra that you don't really need. A definite rebuy although I hope mine can last for years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by BeeGee35

Let me tell you why you need this brush. Yes you can smudge/apply colors along your lash line with it. I have hooded eyes. They aren't that big either. When I blend with my 217 on the crease it sort of undoes any lid color... turning everything into my crease color. Now the 219 is precise. I can make an "Outer V" perfectly. I can't place color exactly where i want and blend it without ruining the color on the rest of my eye. It is perfect for application for the crease.