MAC #219 Pencil Brush

4.6

This is an amazing brush, I don't know how I lived without it so long...it probably explains why my makeup didn't look so good lol. It allows you to do more intricate work on the eye, you can also blend eyeshadows under the eye for that smokey look and also can use it in the crease. I definately think this is a very important brush to have for eye makeup. The eye shader brush, the 217 blender brush and this are the holy trinity of eye makeup application as far as I am concerned. Expensive but worth it believe me

This brush is indispensible to me for placing a nice light shimmery pop of color on the middle of my eyelids, or at the corners of my eyes. Itís also great for smudging out your liner Ė whether it be kohl or powder based. Itís one sturdy little brush that can pack a punch.
Itís especially great for us Asian girls with smaller eyelid space. When wielded lightly, itís great as a ďcreaseĒ brush. I imagine it is also pretty awesome for you ladies who like the defined crease look?
So far no shedding or deteriorating - the bristles on this brush can hold up to a rather intense scrubbing/washing.
I realize that other brands probably make an equivalent, possible for less than this retails, but I am quite satisfied with this brush Ė so much so that I have two of them.

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of this brush. It's scratchy and irritates my eyes; the bristles and handle smell horrible; and the hairs remain stained w/ eyeshadow (even after washing multiple times). Maybe I got a dud, but this is definitely going back! =(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

If I could have only one brush, it would be this one. It is my go to brush for creating a smokey eye. I looooooooove this brush!!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have this in the travel size. The brush is ok, except the bristles are a bit slanted to one side. Even after washing it and letting it air-dry, I can't seem to get the tip to stay straight and center-pointed. I still use the brush quiite often. Great for defining the crease and making precision lines.

My most used brush. Great for crease and even upper eyelid lining. No shedding, no staining. I've had it for years and if I lost this one, I'd buy another.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a must have for me. I only use this, the 239 and 217 and they are all I need for perfect eye makeup. This brush makes applying crease and outer v colour easy. Ive had mine for years and its still going strong. I will buy this brush again if I need to.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This brush is a must for anyone who loves smokey eyes. I use mine for smudgey liner and for blending shadow through my crease and outer v. It's not an everyday brush for me because I don't do smokey eyes daily but it's still a must have for whenever I do.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: Outer V is easier to do. Lining my lower lashline is faster and the look is softer. Hair have not stained even with dark brown and grey shadows. No shedding. Thin handle so easy to hold.
Cons: More costly than drugstore type. Uses animal hair.

So worth it if you can get past the real hair thing. Will repurchase but this will last me years. Until I have bought Sigma or other rave brands, will leave Overall Rating at 4.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If there was an earthquake or some natural disaster, and I only had a chance of saving ONE thing from my cosmetics collection, it would be this brush. I LOVE it, I use it everyday. Love it for smudging eyeliner, love it for precise eyeshadow application on the lower lashline and on the outer corner of my eye... and on the inner corner... oh Lord, I love it. I love it so much I had to get an extra one (what if I need to apply a light color on the inner corner of my eye and I've already smudged black liner with it? I was in desperate need of an extra one). I do have the Sigma version of this one, and it's not the same, that one is softer, and I love how firm the MAC one is. This is by far my MAC favorite brush, get it!

Popular Makeup Brushes