September 18, 2014 | 1845 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the travel size. The brush is ok, except the bristles are a bit slanted to one side. Even after washing it and letting it air-dry, I can't seem to get the tip to stay straight and center-pointed. I still use the brush quiite often. Great for defining the crease and making precision lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My most used brush. Great for crease and even upper eyelid lining. No shedding, no staining. I've had it for years and if I lost this one, I'd buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a must have for me. I only use this, the 239 and 217 and they are all I need for perfect eye makeup. This brush makes applying crease and outer v colour easy. Ive had mine for years and its still going strong. I will buy this brush again if I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MzSunkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush is a must for anyone who loves smokey eyes. I use mine for smudgey liner and for blending shadow through my crease and outer v. It's not an everyday brush for me because I don't do smokey eyes daily but it's still a must have for whenever I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Outer V is easier to do. Lining my lower lashline is faster and the look is softer. Hair have not stained even with dark brown and grey shadows. No shedding. Thin handle so easy to hold.
Cons: More costly than drugstore type. Uses animal hair.

So worth it if you can get past the real hair thing. Will repurchase but this will last me years. Until I have bought Sigma or other rave brands, will leave Overall Rating at 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupholism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If there was an earthquake or some natural disaster, and I only had a chance of saving ONE thing from my cosmetics collection, it would be this brush. I LOVE it, I use it everyday. Love it for smudging eyeliner, love it for precise eyeshadow application on the lower lashline and on the outer corner of my eye... and on the inner corner... oh Lord, I love it. I love it so much I had to get an extra one (what if I need to apply a light color on the inner corner of my eye and I've already smudged black liner with it? I was in desperate need of an extra one). I do have the Sigma version of this one, and it's not the same, that one is softer, and I love how firm the MAC one is. This is by far my MAC favorite brush, get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

What I like about this brush is that it is very pointy. I am very glad that I bought this instead of the sigma one. It just made my life easier although I have to admit that this is very expensive. I have rather small eyes and every precision is needed when I do my outer V. I guess I could still do an outer V with a more fluffy round crease brush. But I will not be able to easily cover the groove area or do my under eyelash area with the same brush. It is a lazy man's brush. Do everything together. I am deducting one lippie bcos this brush is still alittle scratchy for the price I am using. I need to be very gentle when using it in order to not poke myself. haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

An absolutely fantastic brush! I use it mainly for smudging and putting shadow beneath my eyes. The hairs are plenty stiff so it's not too fluffy at all. A great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A brush of rather stiff white hair with a pointy edge with a long black handle, very elegant. This brush is excellent for applying shadow all over the lid, smudging eyeliner and applying shadow on the lower lid. But most of all, this brush is crease brush "for dummies" (this is me). It was impossible for me to do the outer V until I got this brush. Due to its pointy shape it's impossible for anyone not to achieve this smoky look seen on youtube (the dark shadow on half the crease and a darker shade on the V). I have tried a million times with other brushes and the result was just a dark stamp, so I was used to refer to smoky eyes as applying dark shadow all over the lid. The first time I used this lovely brush I understood why, no matter how much you have paid for a shadow or of how good quality it is, it's useless unless you have the right tool. It was rather expensive here, (almost 30-32 euros) but I would purchase again. It's the most valuable brush I own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush after seeing Pixiwoo use it in a youtube tutorial to do a Barbara Streisand smokey eye. I am not disappointed!

You can use this brush for so many things- smudging a darker shade into the outer corner or crease, placing colour along the lashline, or smudging pencil eyeliner for that Kate Moss look. It is a cinch to use, so easy to control and the bristles are of a lovely density- stiff enough to place colour accurately, but soft enough to blend/ smudge also.

This is a must have for me now.