Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this product as part of a Estee Lauder gift package. I like this remover. It does a good job removing rich pigmented eyeliners, shadows, and mascaras. I use only to remove heavy eye make up. I apply using a cotton ball or Q-tip depending on the type of make up I'm removing. It's gentle enough to use on my waterline and eyelashes. No burning or redness occurs on eye skin and it never irritates my eyes. 1 bottle has lasted me 6 months so far and it's still half full.
I don't like that I can't use it for correcting make up errors..
I wouldn't repurchase because I'd still rather use olive oil, much cheaper.

It smudges your make up more than it cleans. For example you are cleaning an eyeliner smudge with a cotton bud, it even smudges more. Plus you need 3 cotton balls each eye to completely remove all the traces because you have to clean up those smudge. Not worth your dollars. Rimmel's gentle eye makeup remover is way better than this because:
It's cheaper like $5 for a medium size bottle.
It dissolves eye makeup gently and doesn't smudge it around your eye corner when cleaning.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this as part of a gift pack present - BURNED my eyes terribly! I used it for 2 evenings and the skin around my eyes became dry, flaky, puffy and red and they stung like hell! I'm not one to throw products out usually but this one has been filed under B-I-N. And yes, I also found like some of the other reviewers (which I read after I had used this!) that it didn't quite get rid of all my mascara either.

I'll be sticking to the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and Take the day off make up remove for lashes and lids.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am really surprised at all of the negative reviews on this eye makeup remover! I love this stuff; it's my HG makeup remover! It really removes all my makeup after a long day, it's not oily at all, and I don't find smudged makeup remaints under my eyes in the mowning when I wake up. This removes waterproof makeup as well (waterproof makeup is all I wear!). I know this eye makeup remover is the true hero (not just having, say, easily removable makeup or my facewash doing the trick or something) because I am a makeup junkie and I have tried all different kinds of makeup and facial cleansers and such. This is the only remover that does a consistently nice job! I tried the popular favorite Mary-Kay eye makeup remover, and I don't like that at all in comparison to this stuff. Mary Kay doesn't remove all the makeup and it's SUPER oily.

Dont listen to the negative reviews! This makeup remover is the best!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm is this eye makeup remover supposed to be soooo gentle that it doesnt remove hardly anything at all lol? I'm so confused with this product. I'm so happy this was a freebee in my bag cause I would be pissed or return it if I actually paid for this. First off you have to use a ton of it to get any eye makeup off. I wear a ton of mascara,a little eyeliner ,and sometimes shadows. Then after I use so much product no makeup hardly comes off and if a small amount gets into your eyes it stings. It's ineffective and painful so what good is this? I use olive oil as my gentle eye makeup remover and is great for my lashes also,give that a try for natural and gentle

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I got a very genrous sample of this with my purchase and I have to agree with other reviewers before me - it is not for a waterproof makeup. I used it a couple of time nd found it to be quite mediocre makeup remover. I use it mostly for my errors and mascara smudges while I apply my makeup as it doesn't irritate me. Won't repurchase.

just be aware: this is not for removing waterproof mascara or long wearing eyeliner! all it does is smear the product all around your eyes & you end up with raccoon eyes!
what this is good for: to correct eye makeup when you make a mistake.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not gentle at all. It removes makeup but it stings my eye real bad.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

AWFUL. burned my freakin eyes! and it didnt even take the product off, and i do not wear a lot of eye makeup. I had to scrub a bit to get it to work, and i used a generous amount. AWFUL, so glad it was free as a GWP. I will stick with my wonderful neutrogena eye makeup remover, so gentle, works like a hot damn, and you don't have to scrub and scrub

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This does not completely remove eye makeup...I have had much better results with "two-part" removers (Lancome and Clinique). I do not wear waterproof eye makeup, and several applications (on cotton pad) left my eyeliner and mascara only partially removed. Also, this product stung my eyes and caused my eye area to be red and irritated.