April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does not completely remove eye makeup...I have had much better results with "two-part" removers (Lancome and Clinique). I do not wear waterproof eye makeup, and several applications (on cotton pad) left my eyeliner and mascara only partially removed. Also, this product stung my eyes and caused my eye area to be red and irritated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample size of this in a GWP, and it looked promising. I usually like EL products. But this eye makeup remover really hurts!! For me, it burns horribly when I apply it to my lid and lashes. It does take off some makeup, but not near as much as it should. My eyes are always red and puffy after using this stuff. I would say Clinique and Lancome have much much better eye makeup removers. I would suggest trying a sample of this before purchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

It felt really gentle on my eye area, but it seriously didn't remove any of my mascara. i will stick with clinique, lancome, or philosophy's eye makeup remover. they all work wonders.. this doesn't take anything off but eye shadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sineenad

lucky that i got it for free as sample. It couldn't even remove my make up. Normally i use Clinique one, as it really great and gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by xoxoarcade

This product is definitely NOT a GENTLE eye makeup remover. It burned the delicate skin around my eyes and even caused an allergic reaction in my eyes. I am so disappointed with Estee Lauder. This product really displeased this otherwise loyal EL devotee and daughter of an EL devotee.

Please take caution if you purchase this. I tried it as it came as part of a gift purchased along with a perfume. Everytime I borrow my mother's training case, I see her unused bottle of this remover there among her EL cosmetics and have to keep myself from throwing it in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I was going to review this positively until I read the other members' complaints and then I realized....yeah, it is kinda crappy. They're right.

I'm torn now. I've been using this for a long time. I used to watch my grandmother and my mom use it, so for me it was one of those "staple" products that I didn't think twice about owning. I've never been one to hunt around for eye makeup removers, because I was younger and wasn't concerned about being gentle with my eyes. Usually I've just depended on my regular face wash to get the job done.

I use this now and then when I have stubborn products on my eyes that won't rinse off, like if I went out for the night with dramatic eye makeup on. I would never have thought to complain about it, but I saw what other people were saying and yes, I agree with them.... it doesn't work quickly. You have to either soak a cotton pad with it and let it sit on your eye for 10-20 seconds and then remove, or you may even feel tempted to rub your eyes while using it (eek!! don't ever do that). And, like others, I have also had the occasional moment when it got in my eyes and burned. But I've always blamed myself for that. I never thought to complain that the formula might be too harsh for the eye area. (major FAIL!!)

Now that I think about it, this really isn't anything to rave about. I'm sure being in the 21st century, there are much better options out there for us now. And besides, I've got my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Bioderma Sensibio H2O to depend on for thorough makeup removal.

So, while I came here intending to give it 4 lippies, I think I'll leave it with only 2. It's not a fool-proof, easy product that we can depend on, so I say don't waste your money. Find something that works quickly and efficiently, as our products should.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by nibom

i really like this remover cuz it's not oily and so gentle it doesnt irritate my eyes at all like some of the one i tried. doesnt leave my skin dry it's like water. it does remove waterproof makeup although it needs to be wipe a few times but it's so gentle, luv it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff takes a few swipes but gets the job done. I put a soaked pad over my lashes and then swipe, but it usually takes me three swipes to get it off. It's pretty good for spot removal with a q-tip if you mess up though. I like this, but I wouldn't buy again because I prefer MAC's remover and I can get it for about the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I don't wear a lot of makeup a lot, but when I do, I use this for the eye makeup! It feels clean, it doesn't bother my eyes, it's easy to get out of the bottle, and overall it's just wonderful. If you want waterproof remover, this isn't what you're looking for, but for a basic eye makeup remover, it's wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Thankfully, I only got a sample bottle of this eye make-up remover. I wear waterproof Japanese mascara and it removes almost none of it. Even extra-virgin olive oil performs better than this make-up remover. This make-up remover burns and blurs my eyes, so those with sensitive skin/eyes should be cautious. It is just not an effective make-up remover and I can't believe anyone would pay full-price for this.