Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 6/24/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am really surprised at all of the negative reviews on this eye makeup remover! I love this stuff; it's my HG makeup remover! It really removes all my makeup after a long day, it's not oily at all, and I don't find smudged makeup remaints under my eyes in the mowning when I wake up. This removes waterproof makeup as well (waterproof makeup is all I wear!). I know this eye makeup remover is the true hero (not just having, say, easily removable makeup or my facewash doing the trick or something) because I am a makeup junkie and I have tried all different kinds of makeup and facial cleansers and such. This is the only remover that does a consistently nice job! I tried the popular favorite Mary-Kay eye makeup remover, and I don't like that at all in comparison to this stuff. Mary Kay doesn't remove all the makeup and it's SUPER oily.

Dont listen to the negative reviews! This makeup remover is the best!

on 6/23/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm is this eye makeup remover supposed to be soooo gentle that it doesnt remove hardly anything at all lol? I'm so confused with this product. I'm so happy this was a freebee in my bag cause I would be pissed or return it if I actually paid for this. First off you have to use a ton of it to get any eye makeup off. I wear a ton of mascara,a little eyeliner ,and sometimes shadows. Then after I use so much product no makeup hardly comes off and if a small amount gets into your eyes it stings. It's ineffective and painful so what good is this? I use olive oil as my gentle eye makeup remover and is great for my lashes also,give that a try for natural and gentle

on 5/5/2011 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I got a very genrous sample of this with my purchase and I have to agree with other reviewers before me - it is not for a waterproof makeup. I used it a couple of time nd found it to be quite mediocre makeup remover. I use it mostly for my errors and mascara smudges while I apply my makeup as it doesn't irritate me. Won't repurchase.

just be aware: this is not for removing waterproof mascara or long wearing eyeliner! all it does is smear the product all around your eyes & you end up with raccoon eyes!
what this is good for: to correct eye makeup when you make a mistake.

on 4/17/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not gentle at all. It removes makeup but it stings my eye real bad.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

AWFUL. burned my freakin eyes! and it didnt even take the product off, and i do not wear a lot of eye makeup. I had to scrub a bit to get it to work, and i used a generous amount. AWFUL, so glad it was free as a GWP. I will stick with my wonderful neutrogena eye makeup remover, so gentle, works like a hot damn, and you don't have to scrub and scrub

on 4/3/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This does not completely remove eye makeup...I have had much better results with "two-part" removers (Lancome and Clinique). I do not wear waterproof eye makeup, and several applications (on cotton pad) left my eyeliner and mascara only partially removed. Also, this product stung my eyes and caused my eye area to be red and irritated.

on 4/3/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample size of this in a GWP, and it looked promising. I usually like EL products. But this eye makeup remover really hurts!! For me, it burns horribly when I apply it to my lid and lashes. It does take off some makeup, but not near as much as it should. My eyes are always red and puffy after using this stuff. I would say Clinique and Lancome have much much better eye makeup removers. I would suggest trying a sample of this before purchasing it.

on 4/3/2011 10:09:00 PM

It felt really gentle on my eye area, but it seriously didn't remove any of my mascara. i will stick with clinique, lancome, or philosophy's eye makeup remover. they all work wonders.. this doesn't take anything off but eye shadow.

on 4/1/2011 12:08:00 PM

lucky that i got it for free as sample. It couldn't even remove my make up. Normally i use Clinique one, as it really great and gentle.