Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 5/5/2011 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I got a very genrous sample of this with my purchase and I have to agree with other reviewers before me - it is not for a waterproof makeup. I used it a couple of time nd found it to be quite mediocre makeup remover. I use it mostly for my errors and mascara smudges while I apply my makeup as it doesn't irritate me. Won't repurchase.

just be aware: this is not for removing waterproof mascara or long wearing eyeliner! all it does is smear the product all around your eyes & you end up with raccoon eyes!
what this is good for: to correct eye makeup when you make a mistake.

on 4/17/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not gentle at all. It removes makeup but it stings my eye real bad.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

AWFUL. burned my freakin eyes! and it didnt even take the product off, and i do not wear a lot of eye makeup. I had to scrub a bit to get it to work, and i used a generous amount. AWFUL, so glad it was free as a GWP. I will stick with my wonderful neutrogena eye makeup remover, so gentle, works like a hot damn, and you don't have to scrub and scrub

on 4/3/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This does not completely remove eye makeup...I have had much better results with "two-part" removers (Lancome and Clinique). I do not wear waterproof eye makeup, and several applications (on cotton pad) left my eyeliner and mascara only partially removed. Also, this product stung my eyes and caused my eye area to be red and irritated.

on 4/3/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample size of this in a GWP, and it looked promising. I usually like EL products. But this eye makeup remover really hurts!! For me, it burns horribly when I apply it to my lid and lashes. It does take off some makeup, but not near as much as it should. My eyes are always red and puffy after using this stuff. I would say Clinique and Lancome have much much better eye makeup removers. I would suggest trying a sample of this before purchasing it.

on 4/3/2011 10:09:00 PM

It felt really gentle on my eye area, but it seriously didn't remove any of my mascara. i will stick with clinique, lancome, or philosophy's eye makeup remover. they all work wonders.. this doesn't take anything off but eye shadow.

on 4/1/2011 12:08:00 PM

lucky that i got it for free as sample. It couldn't even remove my make up. Normally i use Clinique one, as it really great and gentle.

on 3/29/2011 12:27:00 AM

This product is definitely NOT a GENTLE eye makeup remover. It burned the delicate skin around my eyes and even caused an allergic reaction in my eyes. I am so disappointed with Estee Lauder. This product really displeased this otherwise loyal EL devotee and daughter of an EL devotee.

Please take caution if you purchase this. I tried it as it came as part of a gift purchased along with a perfume. Everytime I borrow my mother's training case, I see her unused bottle of this remover there among her EL cosmetics and have to keep myself from throwing it in the trash.

on 3/25/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm, I was going to review this positively until I read the other members' complaints and then I realized....yeah, it is kinda crappy. They're right.

I'm torn now. I've been using this for a long time. I used to watch my grandmother and my mom use it, so for me it was one of those "staple" products that I didn't think twice about owning. I've never been one to hunt around for eye makeup removers, because I was younger and wasn't concerned about being gentle with my eyes. Usually I've just depended on my regular face wash to get the job done.

I use this now and then when I have stubborn products on my eyes that won't rinse off, like if I went out for the night with dramatic eye makeup on. I would never have thought to complain about it, but I saw what other people were saying and yes, I agree with them.... it doesn't work quickly. You have to either soak a cotton pad with it and let it sit on your eye for 10-20 seconds and then remove, or you may even feel tempted to rub your eyes while using it (eek!! don't ever do that). And, like others, I have also had the occasional moment when it got in my eyes and burned. But I've always blamed myself for that. I never thought to complain that the formula might be too harsh for the eye area. (major FAIL!!)

Now that I think about it, this really isn't anything to rave about. I'm sure being in the 21st century, there are much better options out there for us now. And besides, I've got my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Bioderma Sensibio H2O to depend on for thorough makeup removal.

So, while I came here intending to give it 4 lippies, I think I'll leave it with only 2. It's not a fool-proof, easy product that we can depend on, so I say don't waste your money. Find something that works quickly and efficiently, as our products should.