April 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by LRKG1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been on another perfect foundation hunt and this is the best that I have found. I recently tried Lancome photogenic and teint ideal?? or something like that. I also tried Elizabeth Arden Plump Perfect 42$ creme and Maybelline Fit liquid. This is better than them all.

I have no idea why anyone thinks it's minimum coverage or runny. I thought the consistency was great. Enough coverage that you may not need concealer without looking like a cakey mess. I found the coverage to be a perfect level.

It's a bit matte for my taste, but the maybelline fit that I just tried was a bit too dewey. If I add a blush or illuminizer or other product with a bit of sheen this will be perfect.

It was 5.99 at Target! I also love that it comes in a small plastic tube, totally portable. A glass jar/pump is pretty on the vanity table, but not easy to throw in your bag.

Love this stuff. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at walmart for 8.97 which is an okay price.

PROS
*medium coverage which I love **not heavy at all
***very smooth and I can definetly feel when I'm not wearing this
****great packaging
*****little goes a lonnnnnng way since this is on the liquidy side.

CONS
*can get cakey
**when getting a shade on the yellow tone it can oxidize :/
***says that it last a long time but starts to fade within 3-4 hours and completely gone in 6-7 hours even on my very dry skin but I can live with that
****probably not good at all on oily skin I recommend this to people with normal to dry skin since its very moisturizing.

Overall I lovvvvvveeee this product! Its my everyday foundation and I have repurchased 3 times and I adore the finish! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff a lot. I hate wearing heavy liquid foundations. My skin is pretty clear but it's a bit uneven, so I was pretty happy when I tried this and found it to even out my skin tone a bit. It's not full coverage by any means, but I don't really need that so I'm content (at least till I have a horrible break out) I like how I can't feel it after I've put it on too. Will definitly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by helloimdiem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I accidently confused this as the Cover Girl tinted moisturizer until I realized at home it was a foundation. It's actually really nice. You should definitely use this if you don't have a lot of blemishes because it's a sheer coverage. When I applied it, I thought it left a pink undertone but I guess after it set in it looks pretty flawless! I definitely will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by GlitterSticker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this, trying to get past my bad experiences with other foundations, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's light, so I can see why the bad reviews, but it covers my redness and dark circles considerably well. It hydrates under your eyes good too so if you have a daughter or niece that's just trying out foundations you should give her this, especially if she's a student because I find it's better to blend this with fingers and go than with a brush. The hydration is wonderful also, it feels like you're rubbing water into your face and you get a great hydrated and light feeling. Also pretty pigmented for a dollar store foundation, could've fooled me at Sephora!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just think of this as cheap tinted moisturizer :)
Price: almost $9 CDN
Pkg: translucent squeeze tube
Coverage: sheer to light-medium
Finish: natural matte
The colours appear slightly darker&pinker inside the bottle. When I tried it on at home, I noticed I should have gone a shade or 2 darker.
It goes on sheer but if u layer on u can get up to light/medium coverage. It tones down redness but doesn't completely get rid of it.
Bottom line is, I like this makeup&would recommend this to ppl w/ slightly dry to oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Ivyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makeup is truly reminiscent of what they call the 'tinted moisturizer'. I have never used tinted moisturizer myself, but I would say that this is the closest I've gotten to using it. The coverage, as others have admitted, is extremely sheer - almost transparent. Inflammation and discoloration go undefeated as you apply this stuff - in fact they scoff at your pitiful attempts to conceal. Today I noted that my acne scarring was quite clearly visible in the broad of day while wearing this stuff. While I will divulge that this "foundation" evens out your skin tone and appears extremely natural, that only lasts about an hour until it begins to oxidize slightly and, if you have oily skin like myself, become shiny and gross. I would not recommend this foundation to any one under any circumstance. It also contains talc, a known carcinogenic (cancer-causing) , which is probably contributing as well to my acne problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ridiculously light coverage; doesn't hide anything; no coverage of redness. Runny. Why bother with makeup if you use this stuff? Just wear a face powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my current go-to foundation. I find that it has a texture and coverage similar to MAC face & body (but a tiny bit thicker and less runny--and unlike MAC f&b, it doesn't oxidize to a lovely orange shade, nor does it cause me to have massive breakouts). It's a very light coverage, but you can definitely build it up to a medium coverage if you like. I wear it without powder (my skin is very dry) but over a very thick moisturizer and it doesn't end up shiny/dewy at all on me.

It evens out my ruddy cheeks without screaming FOUNDATION!!!! when I am done applying it. It's also cheap as chips, so I bought several shades and can mix them to suit as I pick up some color in the summer and pale out in the winter. I've purchased again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by 1hward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like this product for a light summer foundation. i find that i don't really like caking makeup on my face during the summer. this foundation doesn't have a lot of coverage, which could be bad, but if you use it how i do, it's great. it does keep my overly dry skin moisturized and doesn't cause breakouts or anything. it stays on my face all day and lasts a long time. i used one 30ml bottle for 2 summers in a row. i have been using this product since grade 7 and i love it.