Kerastase Oleo-Relax Shampoo

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, laureth-5 carboxylic acid, cocamide mipa, trimethylsilyamodimethicone, sodium chloride, polyquaternium-10, PPG-5-ceteth-20, sodium salicylate, benzopheone-4, PEG-55 propylene glycol oleate, propylene glycol, benzoic acid, methylparaben, sodium hydroxide, benzyl salicylate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, shorea robusta seed butter, CI 19140/yellow-5, CI 14700/red-4, parfum/fragrance.

on 4/18/2007 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have coarse Chinese hair with a natural unruly wave, which is not what most people would associate with Asian hair. Since my hair is porous, it gets quite wavy during the humid summer months but very flat during the dry winter months. I use this shampoo in the winter to mitigate the dryness and the static. The other shampoo I actually like better is PhytoNectar, also from France, just as expensive, but is harder to find around here. I alternate between BB's Super Rich conditoner and Aubrey's White Camellia Ultra Smoothing conditioner. While the Kerastase conditioner is a good product, I just can't stand that synthetic fragrance and that smell would stay in my hair all day, yuck. Highly recommended for porous/coarse/unruly hair.

on 3/16/2007 6:44:00 AM

I LOVE this shampoo! The first time I used it on my dry, thick, curly hair I was amazed! No more fly aways or dry scratchy ends. Now my hair is soft and under control. It's expensive, but it's worth it. Definatly going to repurchase. This is my HG shampoo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice shampoo!!! :) i have been using the bain satin 3 untill i ran out and when i went to pure beauty to get some more..... i noticed that the bottle looked diffrent. I was scared that they had changed the ingredients too, and they did!!! the new bain satin 3 has protein in it :( so i decided to try this one and i'm pretty impressed. It leaves my hair smooth and very shiny and best of all no protein!!! yay!!! :) p.s. protein in shampoos and conditioners dry out my already dry hair.

on 1/28/2007 12:18:00 PM

i have had this in my shower for almost a year because i don't use it very often. i'm not that impressed with it. the smell is nice. i prefer, and get better results from bumble and bumble hair products. however, my overall HG hairproducts (shampoo + conditioner) for my color treated hair and the gorgeous dark brown shiny salon color and gloss that i want to preserve is the PHYTO line!

I used to use this before but had forgotten how good it was. I picked up a bottle last week and was reminded - really amazing stuff.

My hair instantly felt softer and, like others have said, you really only need a small amount of the shampoo and the conditioner to get results.

One of my collegaues commented that my hair looked really smooth and shiny :)

Although I don't think it would relax my hair on its own, when I use it with a Kerastase conditioner (ElastoCurl), it works really well.

I love the smell and texture. Initially, I thought it was some awful oil that would never rinse, but it's actually a nice, foaming gel that smoothes my hair.

on 10/5/2006 9:28:00 PM

My favorite of all Kerastase shampoos. I don't use anything on my hair besides this line (I alternate between the oleo-relax, nutritive and résistance lines) and I could not be happier. Smells great and does a fabulous job of cleansing and moisturing the hair. I cannot describe what Kerastase products do for the hair...its just amazing. Very expensive, but very worth it.

on 7/6/2006 7:00:00 AM

EXCELLENT though not perfect. I have probably the most difficult, unmanagable hair of the world. Unfortunately it didn't change a bit of my frizzies. BUT: it does an excellent job on making my hair look (and feel!) healthy again. So much softer, my boyfriend finally likes to touch and stroke my hair... shiny and smooth. The really bad part of my hair (on top of my scalp) is still frizzy. I guess the only thing that can help me there is a chemical relaxer. I used shampoo, treatment/masque, and serum together. Had the impression the serum makes it a little stiff again. Next time I will try without the serum. Be sure to follow the great tips you get here from other peoples experience.Meaning:use tiny amounts, don't apply to scalp (not even the shampoo), don't leave longer than 15 minutes if you have sensitive skin, rinse really well.Surely I will use and buy this series again, especially after using a chemical relaxer.

on 7/2/2006 4:05:00 AM

I love everything from Kerastase! Makes my hair shinier, Oleo Relax makes my hair glow blonde and red and very high light, super sexy look! Kerastase Resistance makes my hair and me look very model-look-like not model-look-alike (!!!), shows straightened by shampooing only hair brown "caffee" blonde dark and/but lighter ...pain in my fingers to use Kerastase whenever i have it in my bath. love Kerastase, very high quality products.

on 4/11/2006 11:06:00 AM

After years of trying various defrizzing products I finally found this. And it works great. I use the conditioner with it every day or 2 depending on the weather. I use the serum as well before any blow drying/styling. You cannot just use the shampoo and expect your hair to dry with no frizz. But with the combination followed by blow dry & styling (even with my 1 minute run through with the blow dryer and brush) it makes a world of difference. On the expensive side and I often buy it online for less. Vive defrizz products (also a Loreal company like Karestase) are sold in supermarkets/drugstores. I have found by using that in between days I get similar results and save a little money.

Top Rated Kerastase Products