OPI Romeo & Joliet

4.7

on 12/12/2006 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

NLS72 Romeo & Joliet is a shimmery warm root beer burgundy. This is a gorgeous shade on fingers and toes.

I think this is the only nail polish I have ever repurchased.

I totally agree with everyone who loves this colour! It's awesome. It's a beautiful red/burgundy with brown undertones and shimmer. It is so pretty! For me, the quality is typical OPI and two coats was perfect for me. I would definitely repurchase in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Beautiful! I've been lemming this for a while now ever since reading the rave reviews this colour had on the Nail Board. After much deliberation, I gave in and bought a bottle off Ebay. I'm so glad I did because Romeo & Joliet is absolutely breathtaking. This colour is very unique and thus a little hard to describe but here goes. I find R&J to be a deep burgundy brown with subtle microshimmer and the most stunning red undertone when the colour catches sunlight. In the bottle, this is very similar to Changing of the Garnet but since I haven't actually tried CotG, I can't say for sure if they are actually the same colour on nails. Strangely enough, the application with this OPI was slightly streaky. I needed 3 coats before I was fully satisfied with the results. Overall, a great fall colour, both immensely sophisticated and classy. I think it may look a little too goth on pale skins especially indoors but absolutely smashing on darker skintones (I'm an NW 35 for reference). A most definite repurchase.

on 10/6/2006 12:31:00 AM

This is agreat color. It's a vampy dark reddish color warmed by brown and bronze tones. This looks great with my fair skintone, without being too severe. I do agree with the other reviewer though who noted that it goes on a little streaky.

on 10/4/2006 10:01:00 PM

I LOVE THIS COLOUR!! I can't stop looking at my nails! I'm very warm toned (red hair, freckles) and this looks perfect on me. And it's the first time that I've been told that the colour I was wearing was very sexy. If that doesn't move this shade up to my top 5, I don't know what would! It's just a gorgeous blend of brown and bronze.....definite holy grail of nail polish!!

on 10/3/2006 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a rich, shimmery deep winey-brown... perfect for fall! It will go great with my new tweed suit!

on 9/14/2006 12:27:00 PM

This shade is definately not as red as the pictures people have posted. I was expecting this to be more of a red but instead it's very brown. I don't mind this, but it's not my favorite color. perhaps with a lighter application it would be more red.

On me, it took three coats to get the color consistent. It started to chip half a day after I put the paint on (as in while I was getting ready for work). I've had other polishes hold up a lot better. I really dislike it when I let something dry for several hours then I go to sleep and wake up with the print of the sheet texture in the polish.

on 7/28/2006 10:49:00 AM

I just got this color on my nails for the first time. I really like it a lot. I was getting tired of the summer pastels and this is a nice change. The color looks like a brown rasin and it has the trademark OPI shimmer. I think this is a really great fall color, and it will look nice on all skin tones.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

This is my first OPI colour. and i must say im impressed with the quality. haha. i like this colour but without the shimmers. i would prefer something like bogota blackberry. haha. but if i were to buy this colour again? maybe not. i'd buy another colour to try. but quality and colour wise.. im a satisfied customer.

on 6/9/2006 11:47:00 AM

On me, this color doesn't look at red as it does in the pictures below. However, I love this color. My version of R&J is burgundy brown with very subtle red/purple undertones. It's shimmery and looks great as a vampy pedicure or manicure. Great and even application. I got this on clearance, so it might be discontinued soon.

Top Rated OPI Products