September 3, 2014 | 1065 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I bought this specifically to remove Maybelline The Falsies wp mascara because my Target brand mu wipes weren't cutting it. Well this didn't either. It removes all other mu without a problem, but it did not remove much of that mascara. I have used this in the past and it was satisfactory, but I regret buying it recently to remove that mascara. If you need a general eye mu remover, this might be your find,but if you want to remove waterproof mascara, I'd say look somewhere else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LuckiJacki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Rimmel's Oil-Free Gentle Eye Make Up Remover at the recommendation of my Opthamologist. I was surprised that it worked so well. My Neutrogena Calming Makeup wipes apparently left an oily residue in my eyes that effected my vision and so I tried the Rimmel. It surprised me how well it removed every bit of make up and how quickly it removed it without the effort I used with the Neutrogena Wipes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very average eye makeup remover. It did remove most of my eye makeup, but I felt it tugged at my eyelashes too much and took too much work to get my mascara off, especially if it was waterproof. I also didn't like that I still always had dark circles under my eyes when I stepped out of the shower, even though I thought I took off all my makeup the night before. For a cheap eye makeup remover it will do the trick, but there are much better kinds out there for about the same price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

not gentle, makes my eyes sting. it says it takes off waterproof mascara, it can't even take off regular mascara! i could use 3 cotton pads on one eye and I will still have makeup. You really have to rub to make this somewhat work. left my eyes all red and raw. might as well try to take your makeup off with water than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaelda

I tend to use store brand oil-free make-up remover but since I couldn't find any I decided to try the Rimmel variety. Boy, am I disappointed! I figured oil-free removers were all the same but Rimmel's is exceptionally awful.

The amount of pressure and wiping needed left the area around my eye raw and it didn't even remove all of the make-up! Granted I use primers, smudge-proof, waterproof eyeliners, etc.. I still expect a make-up remover to remove make-up with ease! DO NOT BUY THIS MAKE-UP REMOVER if you use high quality make-up and prime your make-up before applying it. It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this stuff for years. It's useless on mascara, but since I so rarely wear mascara, I don't mind this. Everything else, it melts like butter. I generally put a few drops on a piece of quarter-folded toilet paper, pop it on my eye for a few seconds, then wipe away the makeup. Works like a charm. I haven't experience any stinging with this product, but everyone is different in that department.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by spilledmilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's inexpensive and it works. It takes off all my eye makeup- foundation, primer, shadows, liner, mascara, the whole she-bang. It doesn't sting my eyes and it's oil-free so there's no film-y residue. What more do you need?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LaFilleBouclee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a drug store alternative to Mary Kay's oil free eye makeup remover (which is actually really good). This was on sale at Walgreens so I decided to give it a try. I was drawn to it because it claimed to be gentle & remove waterproof makeup. This makeup remover is a SHAM! It barely removed my eyeshadow. It did nothing for my eyeliner (waterproof liquid on upper lash line, standard pencil on lower waterline). I almost thought I heard my waterproof mascara LAUGHING at this stuff! The amount of scrubbing I had to do was alarming, and I lost a few eyelashes in the process (not cool). This remover might be good for someone who uses shadow on the lid only...no primer, base, liner, mascara, or anything else. But for me, epic fail!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

This product can not remove waterproof make-up like my CoverGirl LashBlast or Great Lash mascara. It does a pretty good job at non-waterproof eye makeup. This remover doesn't sting my eyes and it's quite cheap at the drugstore. However, since I wear waterproof mascaras, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by eheh

In Canada, you can catch the sales at Rexall for $3.99!

This is GREAT, does not sting at all. Not oily at all. The bottle is great as the opening fits a q-tip perfectly!

However, the bottle says Waterproof, but it cannot remove Covergirl LashBlast Waterproof or Maybelline Falsies Waterproof. For waterproof, I would go with the Neutrogena Eye makeup Remover that uses silicone.