MAC 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

4.5

on 9/1/2011 10:38:00 AM

I bought this brush because I heard rave reviews about it. I have to say, I'm not a fan. It's thicker than I would like it to be. I don't mind the rough texture of the hairs, however there are a few that spread outward which makes it harder to create a perfect, thin line. I also would like it if the handle were a little bigger. I used it a few times before returning it to MAC, it just was not worth the CAD$23.50. I have another angled eyeliner brush (I forgot the brand, I bought it at winners at 5 brushes for $7) that works the same way, along with the Ecotools brush. It's not a terrible brush but I think there are cheaper AND better alternatives.

on 9/1/2011 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice brush, but it's a bit too big to be really precise (especially when creating a winged eyeliner look) and the bristles are kinda harsh. I'm glad I bought it but I wouldn't buy it again, some cheaper brushes work almost/just as well.

on 8/18/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

When the MAC lady handed it to me after I asked for a brush to apply powder eyeliner, fear and apprehension were painted on my face. Me? Use an angle brush? I mean, I'm not the person with the most dexterity. That's why I was quite suprised by how easily it could be used! It apply shadow quickly and nicely. Plus, it washes up well too because it's not that thick!

I've had this brush for 6 years now. It's in very good still, I take good care of it and make sure to only wash the front part of the brush avoding getting the wood wet. I use this for gel eyeliner, also to pat on Carbon eyeshadow on top so that the gel sets. When I use MAC Smoulder on my eyelid I use the 266 brush to pull the colour inwards towards my tear duct and outwards. It gives me excellent control. It's almost dummy proof for gel eyeliner IMO. If you use Blacktrack yet don't have the most steady hand this will make the job far more easier if you put a little amount on, wipe off excess and just pat along the eyelash and then go over again if need be.

Anyways, I haven't had any bristles break loose thankfully, I have noticed that when I reshape after washing it isn't as full despite never seeing any bristles come out. And I always worry about the front coming loose because I do wash this very often (twice a month) and it goes through some abuse in my makeup bag. I will repurchase again in a year or two.

on 8/9/2011 1:26:00 PM

I bought this to do my gel/cream liner and was VERY disappointed. i have small lids so i have developed a very steady hand to create thin and precise lines, because with these tiny lids you cant get away with a thick or messy line.
well i was being all precise as usual with the 266 and i ended up looking like amy winehouse (RIP). super thick black line. its impossible to create a thin line with thise brush. yuck

on 7/20/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this could stand to be a bit thicker but its a nice brush

on 7/13/2011 10:59:00 PM

This brush is amazing, it creates the perfect most defined and blended crease looks- yes, I said crease :) I've never liked using blending brushes until after all my eyeshadow has been applied, I feel like that it takes extra steps and time to always use blending brushes right away. I use this to apply my transition and crease color- sounds odd, but it works wonderfully for creating shape. afterwards, I blend everything with my MAC 217, and even the 266 (Yes, it blends amazingly!) and my eyeshadow look is complete.

on 7/6/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush in order to enhance my eyeliner and stuff. I use fluidline by MAC but I just cant make this work for eyeliner. I use it for my eyebrows now it was disappointing.

on 6/24/2011 12:46:00 AM

LOVE THIS BRUSH! I swear I use it on a daily basis. While you can use this to apply lipliner, or for eyebrows I use it only for my liquid eyeliner. I used to use the liquid eyeliners that come in the bottle and I would have such a hard time applying it (I mean it would take me a good 10 min just to apply my eyeliner). I went to MAC and bought the gel liner that comes in a small compact and I use this brush to apply the product. It goes on perfectly, I can get the perfect angle with this brush and it takes me half the time to apply it

on 6/16/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Just the right stiffness for eyeliner application. Perfect. It's not scratchy like the 208 so anything else after that mess is perfect with me! I read that the other users have a trouble with splaying bristles, but what I do is that after I clean it with the mac brush cleanser, I wrap the bristles with dry tissue and clamp it with an eyelid maker. The eyelid maker is like small tool asians use to give them a double eyelid. This tool bombed big time for me, but I'm glad that it is gentle enough to squeeze the bristles on the brush so that it doesnt splay! I just leave it there for 5 minutes, take it out and let it finish drying. (it's dry by then too) Great for cat eye! I use this with my fluidline. I dont know why other people say it's too thick coz I have tiny eyes, but this applies just well! Just thought I'd give the eyeliner-impaired a heads up! Be extra careful when using this for waterlines! You know when your hand jerks slightly and you end up poking your eye? ehem... that kind of happens with me on this one so I am thinking about getting something softer. The poking hurts.