July 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by mairixlowe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is cheap, doesn't clump, dries quickly and comes off easily with makeup remover.

However...

it smudges REALLY badly :/, and I don't rub my eyes, cry, swim, get them in rain etc. it just does smudge. I think it is a good mascara and if it didn't smudge so badly I would definitely buy it again because it makes my lashes look great! Until it smudges.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by FabCo

I bought this mascara after I watched a few make up artists videos praising this product; unfortunately it didnīt worked for me at all.

I liked...nothing, not even the price, there are far better mascaras available in my country for a tenth of the price.

I extremely disliked almost everything: the small brush and tiny bristles, how difficult is to apply and remove, but most of all, how uncurled, clumpy -and even shorter- my lashes looked.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this mascara years ago due to all the rave reviews it was getting in magazines,etc. I didn't like it then and thought I would try again. Bottom line is it's awful...worse than much cheaper counterparts.(1) It seems to take forever to dry, therefore always leaving marks above and below my eye(2) Leaves lashes clumpy looking and dried out.
I think Lash Stiletto is a much better product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great Lash Mascara. Black.
Honestly I did not have high hopes for it and truly it was a waste of money. While application is great (the wand is one of the best I've tried) and I like the design, this mascara did not stay on my eyelashes. Only a couple of hours after application I had black mascara circles under my eyes. What a dissapointment. To the garbich where it belongs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I could give this a zero I would. What a waste. At least it was super cheap!! It is dark but the consistency is too thin and provides no length or volume. I don't get how this works for people but if it does I'm jealous!! It's so cheap!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's alright, didn't hate or love it. The brush is really small, like someone else said it works for the bottom lashes. The blackest black is great though, really makes my lashes show more! To me it doesn't give much length or volume, so I probably won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by HeidiG12

So when i first bought this, i thought it made my lashes look great! It was cheap and had nice packaging, but after about maybe a week of using it my eyes suffered a bad infection, that was linked to makeup, I guessed right away it was this mascara, since it was the only change in my makeup routine (usually uses covergirl or Organic wear) But i couldnt be too sure. So i just put it away for a while. Its been 4 months later, i found it again , and put some one, once again liked what it did to my lashes, very nice, By night when i went to wash it off, there was sacs starting to form under my eyes again, By morning the next day, my eyes are now, as we speak blown up around,heavy bags, puffy, with an infection again from this mascara. Lets just say i threw the thing out, and will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

There's no denying this stuff is worth the price because it's super cheap but I find the brush is just too pathetic to give any serious impact. I use this stuff on my bottom lashes as I hate it when the bottom lashes are too obvious, so this stuff just makes them look black without drawing too much attention to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mbradleyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm the type of girl who buys a different type of mascara every time I run out. But since trying this product, I would never buy any other! For me this is the perfect mascara. I wasn't expecting a lot from this as it was cheaper than the others, but price is really nothing to go by from this!! I have really short lashes naturally, but this mascara makes them just the right length. It is perfect for day and night time use, as by applying one coat creates a nice natural look. By adding another cost creates much more volume without clumping. The only problem with this if I had to pick one is that when applied, it drys quite quickly (which some may seem as a good thing) if you are wanting to apply more coats, you have to do it straight away. But other than that it's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by CemmaW

Great Lash is not bad by drugstore standard.
PROS:
It doesn't clump. Well, I have the habit of wipe the excess off on a tissue before applying it. And it does clump a teeny tiny bit but I can always brush those out while applying it. The wand is a weird one but it does work.
Natural look. I've always prefer natural looking lashes. This mascara gives definition to my ignorable lashes without being bold. It just looks like I've got beautiful lashes.
Doesn't feel heavy on the eyes. It feels like nothing after I apply it. Some mascara can get so heavy that makes me kinda sleepy or simply add pressure on my lashes. But not this one.
Easy to remove. I just use a cotton pad, pour some eye makeup remover(Biore has good remover as well as Bioderma) on it, then press it on my eye, count to 5, then most comes off.
It's soo cheap! I got it for only HKD49, so that's around USD8. And it was in those buy one get one free package which is fabulous!
Cons:
Not dramatic. I know this is a bit odd as I just put natural looking in the PROS part. Just that from the name Great Lash, I expected something dramatic, but it wasn't.
Smudge easily. I started having a smokey line in the under eye area in less than 1 hour after I applied it. If I wanted to look polish, I either don't use it or I have to keep using Q-tips soaked with remover to remove those lines. Or I'll just smudge some liners on my lower lash line, this way the mascara smudge is way less obvious.
Dries slowly. This mascara takes more than 30 seconds to dry on my lashes it's kinda annoying to wait. If I blink my eyes before it dries, I'll get mascara in my under eye area.

Overall, I think this mascara worth tryout but I would not purchase this again. Simply because I've already got 2 as it's in a buy-one-get-one-free package. And I'm not yet ready to "settle down", I believe there're better mascara out there for me to try out.