Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)

This stuff is the bomb times ten! No joke! If you have oily skin, you MUST buy this sunscreen! It is the only sunscreen I have ever used that did not make my face look like a greasy mess. Not only that, but it contains dimethicone, a common ingredient in many makeup primers, so it dries to a completely smooth and matte finish. So much so that my foundation looks way better applied over this product, rather than directly overtop of my moisturized skin alone. It even prolongs your makeup from "sweating off", so this stuff is definitely HG for anyone with oily skin. Compared to other high-end sunscreens, it is quite inexpensive (about $14 CAD for 80 mL), and you only need about half the size of a fingertip to cover the whole face. It also works great for a day at the beach when I don't want to wear makeup overtop. One thing: make sure you blend it well, because a few times when I first started wearing it, I noticed a white cast on certain areas. So, just apply in front of a mirror. Definitely will repurchase this a million times over! :)

on 8/10/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When it comes to sunscreens its hard for me to find one that will work with my skin and still allow me to wear makeup and not look like I've slathered my face in Crisco. I've got very oily (non acne prone) skin so adding sunscreen to the list of things (along with makeup etc) that I put on my face can be a disaster, but one that is necessary. (I also need high spf as I am very fair)
While I don't want to rave about this product and say it's amazingly great, it is the best I've found so far (aka.. still looking but using this in the mean time) to a product that will give me the sunscreen protection I need with out adding more oil and shine to my face.
It does glide on rather smoothly and dries quickly. But it still leaves that slightly slick feeling on your face that yes, you are wearing sunscreen.
As far as how it wears; I use it underneath my makeup in place of a primer/moisturizer and it does ok if I'm only wearing a light/sheer foundation. Attempting to put on anything full coverage over this product has thus far left me caked looking. It could be me.. I'm still trying to find a happy medium to using this and foundation. If I use it alone with concealer and a mattifying powder over the top to remove the shine it leaves behind it seems to work well and keep in place as long as it doesn't get rubbed. It claims to be budge proof - but I've not found this to be true.
It does have a slight sunscreen smell to it, but not as bad as others I've tried.

on 8/4/2010 5:59:00 AM

I've used a lot of popular sunscreen brands but so far this is the best. Most of them are sticky, leaves a whitish or scaly cast on the skin,feels hot and milks in hot temperature. But this sunscreen solved it all. When you apply it on the face, it's a bit sticky because of it's creamy consistency. But after a few seconds the stickiness fades and you won't feel that you've applied it at all. It's really good especially that I live in a tropical country. Thumbs up! :)

on 8/3/2010 12:44:00 PM

This is for the Ultra Sheer Body Mist spf 45.

Definitely going to repurchase this product again. My skin felt lovely after applying. This summer I have been using a leftover Almay spf 15 for faces on my body. It gets a little uncomfortable on those especially hot and humid days. I hate my legs feeling greasy. This was matte but my legs felt silky soft. The smell is like baby powder but I only detected it when I first applied. The application is a dream. Unlike some other spray sunblocks it doesn't have a cooling/menthol sensation. I hate that cooling nonsense. I felt like this adequately protected me from the sun. I wasn't out all day but I was in direct sunlight for a few hours and didn't get any color whatsoever. Definitely keep away from faces though! I do wish it weren't as expensive but it does go on sale regularly.

on 7/31/2010 1:45:00 AM

This doesn't make me all shiny like other sunscreens and it feel great. It doesnt feel greasy and it doesn't smell bad, which is a bonus. I will definatly repurchase to use all summer!

on 7/22/2010 8:38:00 PM

I have used both the SPF45 and 35 in this product and I really like it. I have sensitive, combination skin and it does not irritate my skin at all. I wear it either on its own (on really hot days) or under make-up on days that are average in temperature. Make-up goes on fine over it and it's very lightweight - skin feels soft and smooth upon application. It is also reasonably priced. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product.

on 6/28/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok wow- I thought this would be great especially since it cost me a small fortune. Well I was wrong. I went canoeing with my bf in the hot florida sun- when I sweat, this sunscreen turned white even though I had rubbed it in approx 30-45 min earlier. It then proceeded to drip down my body and converge in any crease I had in my skin (i.e. inside of elbows, behind knees, stomach including belly button etc.) NOT CUTE. Will not be re-purchasing.

This is actually a review for the Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunscreen with Spf 45 and helioplex. I couldn't find this one on MUA so I guess I"ll write my review here. I've had tons of sunscreens for the past several years and hated all of them. I've tried Hawaiian tropic, banana boat, coppertone, l'oreal, biotherm, umbrella (i think it's called?) and I recently tried the Clinique and Shisedo one. I hated them all! They all were a thick, white paste that was beyond oily! I have oily skin but dry legs so all of those would make me break out and make my legs super greasy sticky and shiny. This one however, was recommended to me by a friend. I was skeptic because I personally don't believe in drug store beauty products at all. They seem to only be minimally acceptable if you're lucky and picked a good one. This sunscreen is incredible!! It's NEVER greasy. EVER. It makes your legs have the feeling that you've just shaved and it's super smooth and it's waterproof and SPF 45 so I know it's protecting me. Seriously, I use this as my body lotion in the winter sometimes! It feels like you put silk on your body and it doesn't feel like you have sunscreen on. The smell is tolerable. It does smell like sunscreen which I don't like, but it's very subtle and I think they masked it a little with something that smells like herbs or cucumbers...it smells fresh.Best of all, it's cheap! I paid $35 for the high end sunscreens and this one is way better! Will always buy unless it's discontinued!

on 6/15/2010 12:20:00 PM

i really wanted this product to work for me...but..nope it didn't...my skin had some irritation within the first week and i didn't know why...then i remember i started using this....and i stop using it...now my skin fine....

on 6/10/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Neutrogena is a chemical sunblock. I use it on my legs and the rest of my body but not my face. It feels dry and greasy at the same time, how does that happen? I have that chemical gloss on my skin when I put it on.