July 10, 2014 | 2050 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There's no denying it's super for moisturising my dry bits and a tub lasts ages so it's good value. And the moisturising effects lasts for hours and hours. However, it does feel a little bit like I'm greasing myself up in goose fat for a swim across the channel. And when it goes 'off' (as mine did after a while), it smells like one-coat gloss.
Good for very dry skin, but I prefer my Nivea so much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

I LOVE this stuff..lemme start by saying my skin is SOO dry, you might find this gross but it turns BLACK from how dry it is. I used nivea creme everywhere, until it started getting a little expensive, around $7 a 6.8 oz tub. This is $10 a 400mL tub, ITS HUGE. I love this stuff. It is sooooo amazing. I use this skip a day on all my dry black spots, and within a week they were GONE. My HG body butter:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells so good and is so moisturing! My arms still smell like mango! I love this for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by hermionestar91

This body butter is for "VERY DRY SKIN"

So, if you don't have very dry skin, it is going to be overly moisturizing for widespread/frequent use. That's why some reviewers experience a greasy feeling.

If you need a thick moisturizer for dry skin, this is it. I don't use it daily as an all-over moisturizer, but rather on my elbows, knees, feet, etc. If my skin needs an extra dose of moisture, I'll use it everywhere, but otherwise you're better off using a body whip lotion (also by the Body Shop).

The smell is incredible. If it doesn't smell fruity, there's something wrong with it. I had a bad batch recently and took it back to the store. It was exchanged without a problem.

It's kinda pricey, so like everything from TBS, try to buy it on sale. But one container lasts awhile and delivers awesome results. A must-have for me, even when my budget requires me to buy cheap products otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by lrd3

Contains Parabens preservatives.....The Body Shop still hasn't removed them or reformulated it. Even Estee Lauder reformulated all their products to be Paraben Free....No silly cream is worth doubling my chances of breast cancer, especially as it is so easily absorbed into the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by svaiko

This is my favorite scent of the body butters! I LOVE it! It IS a bit greasy but it absorbs after a little while and leaves your skin so soft and yummy smelling all day. I like it in the summer because it makes your skin shine a bit (because its a little greasy, yes) which makes my skin look glowingly healthy. Would not recommend for face though!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- absorbed into skin well enough
- creamy consistency (not too hard)

Cons:
- smells very sweet
- left oily residue
- price

Would not buy this again as this type of body butter is not wearable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wouldn't go near my face with it but on body, yes. It smells so nice and the moisturising effects are definitely felt. I don't really find it greasy, maybe a bit long to soak in if you use too much, but otherwise, no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Slightly on the oily side, but amazing for really dry skin. Smells amazing too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by PetuniaCom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't exactly smell like mango, but at least it doesn't smell bad either. Unfortunately, it was way too greasy for me to use as a body butter. I felt as if I showered myself with oil. But I can see how this could be good for super dry skin and for winter, because it moisturizes so much. I would suggest to use it before bed or only areas that are dry and flaky.