MAC Satin - Orb

4.4

I've had this shadow less than 24 hours, but I don't think it extreme to go ahead and rate it WONDERFUL. I've had a matte peach shadow by Revlon that I thought was "good enough." I recently purchased Mac Sketch (a dark burgundy shade) and have been trying to find something to work with it. Orb fit the bill perfectly. It covers my lids more completely than the matte peach I'd been using while still providing a *very* slight shine to my lids. Like a healthy sheen. It really does manage to illicit that oh-so-coveted title of "my ____(lids) but better - MLBB!"

on 2/20/2010 1:27:00 PM

This is great for blending out eye shadows. I use this to highlight sometimes for the natural look. It works great over Soft Ochre paint pot and gives you a very pin-up eye if you wear a little bit of dark crease colour and thick winged out black liner.

Will I repurchase? It's a good basic colour to have in my MAC 15 palette and I do not regret spending $13 on it, but I think I can find a good dupe for this in Revlon's Matte Eyeshadow line. So no, I will not repurchase.

on 2/18/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a pretty pale peach colour, looks almost completely matte but with a sliiight iridescence to it. I find it looks a bit too pale on my lid but it makes a good browbone colour.

on 12/15/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this shadow on and off as a base/wash since MAC started, a very long time. Not much I can add to the many reviews. It is a peach based nude, but better than some of the shadows that look the same color but end up too pink. If you're pale and don't want to look washed out from a gray or grayish taupe crease or lid color, this is a good color to try all over the lid underneath the darker shade. It also looks especially pretty if you line with a very deep navy.

on 11/14/2009 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Perfect for all-over lid color. Color is a neutral pinky-peachy-beige; not too pink, orange, or yellow (at least on me). Finish is more matte. And, as with all MAC eyeshadows, the wear, color, and texture is excellent and true.

on 10/31/2009 10:48:00 AM

This is my absolute favourite matte highlight colour, since it is really subtle. I used bisque before which was way to dark and muddy looking on me...Orb is a light rosť peach colour...as an overall lid colour it is to light for me but it is also great to put over other clours to tone it down or blend out colours...For me it is one of the colours I use on a daily basis...

on 8/13/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was looking for a neutral lid or brow color and my MUA recommended this. Doesn't show up very well on my NC43 skin. I wouldn't recommend on olive/tanned skin. The texture is wonderful though, smooth and creamy.

on 7/4/2009 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great, neutral all-over lid color - I prefer it over Brule. Very slight peach tone to it.

Can be used for a subtle under the brow hi-lite ~ it is not frosty/shimmery/glittery.

Applies smoothly. Looks great with a variety of crease colors because the peach tone is so slight.

This was kind of a waste because it's the same color as my face powder. Good highlighter none the less, even though I could have used powder...

on 6/29/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

one of thise boring but essential colors. good for a brow highlight when you have too much shimmer going on, also great as a wash on eye are, or awesome for lid color, then a matte/satin brown or plum for gorgeous sculpted eyes! very 1950s