MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

on 3/18/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this to use mainly to fill in my brows. I am about and NC30 and Asian with olive skin. This is the ONLY color that I have found that has worked as a brow color for me. I have tried powder, gels, other e/s, and pencils and nothing looks as natural as brun with an Ecotools e/l brush. I use a very light hand and brush some on my brows and it adds amazing definition to my face :) I have also used it as a crease color and it worked great as well. Would def buy again.

on 3/15/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use this when doing brown smokey eyes & also to fill in my brows. It works really well for both. I would re purchase this when I run out.

on 2/18/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this to fill in my brows and it works wonderfully. It's very matte on me, I'm not sure why this is a Satin. I would absolutely buy this is again but I don't think I'm going to run out since I only use it for my brows.

on 11/16/2010 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

While the MAC MA tried to talk me into getting Embark, I couldn't pass this up. It just looked like a beautiful true dark brown. It doesn't pull red, purple, gold, etc. It's just a good true dark brown that goes perfectly with my favorite brown smoky eye. I will def repurchase.

on 11/11/2010 4:53:00 PM

I like Brun to smoke out basically any look and transfer it from day to night. Not the easiest to blend on it's own, though. Works great on the upper and lower lash line as well.

on 10/26/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried but I just can't like this eyeshadow. The colour, well, at least by just looking at the pan, is simply beautiful. But it's really disappointing. It hardly shows on my lids, same case with all other satin finish shadows by MAC. They just don't work on me. As for filling my brows, I would prefer a matte finish other than a satin one. So, it just kind of sits in my house now.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WHY have I not reviewed this before? I've been using this to fill in my brows every day for the past few years and it looks so much more natural (read: BETTER) than pencil! I smear a bit of UDPP into my brows then fill them in with this and my 266.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This is a satin texture ES according to MAC but it looks pretty matte to me. It is the perfect greyed brown, and it leans slightly cool on me. It is tenacious but blendable and I use it for brows and as a crease/outer V color. I'd imagine lighter girls could use it as a liner too. I'm NC30-35 AAB with black hair, blackish-brown eyes and dark features so I always need black liner, but if you're not like me then this would work beautifully. This is one of the only shadows I've EVER hit pan on and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 8/20/2010 5:23:00 PM

I use this to fill in my brows, and that is it! i wouldnt use this for anything else because it doesnt have much life to it, maybe if your doing a brown smokey with at least 2 other colors, but by its self it doesn't look very good. Great for filling eye brows!!

on 8/20/2010 3:32:00 PM

Lovely deep brown colour, great for a dark brown smoky eye and often gets used during the day to line my lash line and give me a more subtle look that the dark black eye liner! Again, another great MAC eye shadow.

on 8/13/2010 11:56:00 AM

This is my holy-grail color for filling in my eyebrows and for liner when I'm doing a smokey eye. LOVE it.
I do not use this color on my lids when I am doing a brown smokey eye because on me, it almost comes out black.
If you are looking for a nice matte brown, I wouldn't recommend this since I think it will look to dark, almost like a grayish dark brown BUT I definitely would recommend this for eyebrow filler and liner, nothing beats this color for that in my opinion!