November 24, 2014 | 1631 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First things first - this mask doesn't exactly scrub. Although there are oat bits, I'm not convinced that they actually exfoliate. But this mask does help skin glow for a night out and makes skin feel very clean and moisturized. It smells great too! It's pricey, but it lasts for a long time - trust me - don't be fooled by the little container! As there are better alternatives out there, I will not be repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this as my free product in a buy two, get one free special at The Body Shop. I'm pleased I did.

I really like the scent, and I feel the mask does a decent job of doing what it claims to do. It tingles a bit when I put it on, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized when washed off.

Even though I got it free, I'll definitely repurchase once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a gimmicky product that's supposed to work in 3 different ways at the same time: 1) organic honey moisturises and helps condition the skin. 2) Oatmeal grains help to gently remove dead skin cells. 3) Kaolin clay is a mineral that helps to draw impurities out from the skin.

There's no way that one product can perform all those duties at the same time, but I do think that it's quite a nice scrub on its own right, and I've been using it as such. I wouldn't leave it on my face as a mask, since my skin is very blemish-prone, and this product contains a known pore-clogger, myristyl myristate.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. I had been considering it for quite some time before I purchased. I have very sensitive, rosacea, acne-prone skin and psoriasis. Lucky me. Needless to say I am always on the lookout for products that are soothing, moisturizing and redness reducing. I am not an ingredient expert, so I don't know exactly what it was, but as soon as this product was on my face it burned like a mofo! I'm not talking about a tingling or slight stinging sensation, I'm talking burning! I had to rinse it off immediately. I am so glad that this is for some people what I wanted it to be for me, but I must caution those with extremely sensitive skin or a variety of skin complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by yalaerta

3 in 1..umm...a mile scrub. smells good, make me really want to have a bite. it make my face moisture. A small box can last for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought this at TBS promotion, buy any mask at S$10 off. Managed to pay only S$19.90 for this mask.

I love all TBS skincare, cos it works really well for me. Helps to reduce my outbreaks, lightens my marks and repair my skin.

This mask is a all-in-1 mask. It hydrates, exfoliates, deep cleanse at the same time. Can see instant glow after wash-off. I will follow up with TBS Vit E face mist and Vit E night cream. Love the smell of this mask. This tub is going to last me 1 year, I only use small scoop per week. Super value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the fresh oatmealy scent of this mask, I'm always opening the container and sniffing it. The mask itself doesn't do much though, it doesn't exfoliate, polish or scrub like it claims- (3 in 1)- it might polish a little although I don't really see any significant differences. I gave it three lippies because although it doesn't do anything for the better it doesn't do anything for the worse either. I use it randomly when I feel like pampering myself, it's really too bad because I really love the scent of this. Edit: I love this. Any rough patches that my skin develops, this completely sloughs off. My sister, mom and boyfriend has tried this as well and they all love it. Will repurchase over and over again!!! Not to mention the price is extremely reasonable- it has lasted more than six months on three people for under twenty dollars Canadian. Love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what's the rave about this. Sure it looks effective with oat and money in it, but it just doesn't do anything. I normally do a mask every week, and with this one I sometimes forget to have a mask. Why? It doesn't do anything. Doing it once a week is like a ritual instead of actually doing something good for my skin. While it's on it stings just a bit, and once I wash it off all I see are my skin, no better, but a lot of my white heads have floated to the surface on my nose. So I scrape them off with a whitehead cleaner. But that is not the purpose of this mask! It just doesn't do anything it claims to do. And the oat exfoliating part, the oats are too big and soft it doesn't exfoliate well either. Smell can give a headache after a while.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Way too drying, my skin feels really tight after about two minutes, and it doesn't seem to do anything as far as "scrub" is concerned. The smell is nice, but that's not the point. I returned it after one usage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 6:28:00 AM More reviews by lipglosseater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM55 / US$16.50
Website: thebodyshop.com
Weight: 100ml / 3.6 oz (102g)
Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

Product Description

Triple action in double time. Smoothes and conditions normal to dry skins with natural kaolin clay, oatmeal and organic Community Trade honey.

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Texture & Taste:

This gooey mask spreads on smoothly, which is great because that means you only need a little product at any one time. It has rather chunky bits in it (which i assume are oat brans), but they don't hurt at all when you scrub your face with it. This mask doesn't really dry 100%, which doesn't really matter because i'm gonna wash it away anyways. Well i haven't accidentally tasted it yet (LOL!), so i don't know how it tastes like. It does have this typical Oat + Honey scent which can be quite overpowering, but i got used to it somehow.

Packaging:

This mask comes in a screw top pot as you can see, which i'm ok with, though i wish it came in a squeeze tube for hygenic reasons.

Time Test:
5-10 minutes is all it takes to use this mask, which is fantastic! :)

Price & Availability:
At RM55 / US$16.50, it is on the reasonable side :) As with most TBS products, the portion you get is generous, and should last you for at least half a year if you use it sparingly (believe me, a little of this goes a long way!). This is available at all TBS brick & mortar shops, as well as their official website (thebodyshop.com).

Usage:
It's really simple, just smooth a thin layer onto your face, applying slightly more product on your problem areas (for me they're my T-Zone and chin). Sit back and relax for 5-10 minutes. I do feel a very slight stinging sensation after 5 minutes, but it doesn't bother me. When the time is up, wet your palms and massage the semi-dry mask around for abit, then rinse it off with warm water. Pat your face dry and say hello to soft, clean and glowy skin:

ps: you don't have to follow up with a moisturizer after this because i feel it's quite moisturizing already! :)

In a Nutshell:

A wonderful deep cleansing mask that performs beautifully at an affordable price!

Likes: Cleans, scrubs and moisturizes in one easy step, easily available
Gripes: Hmmm, none so far. Maybe they can repackage this to come in a tube instead of a tub?
Repurchase: YES! :)

Rating: ! 5 Stars! HG Stuff!

Credits: Product photo from thebodyshop.com continued >>