January 28, 2015 | 1261 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

I bought this to help moisturise my dry skin. Unfortunately I can't use it around my mouth where most of my dry patches are because it burns. Anywhere else on my face is OK, just not there. It moisturises a bit but not a huge amount and is hard to get off. I can't see how it exfoliates at all the oat pieces are really soft. Overall an OK product but there are better ones out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Pi74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The fragrance of this mask is sweet, a little too sweet for me when it is on my face but after rinsing it off I get whiffs of a lovely fragrance. I cannot say it works wonders for my skin, but it is allright, I get soft, clean cheeks. I am not sure if I would buy it again, but that is more because I am not really enthousiastic about face masks in general. If I wanted to buy a face mask again, I probably would buy this one (or Lush's Love Lettuce.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First things first - this mask doesn't exactly scrub. Although there are oat bits, I'm not convinced that they actually exfoliate. But this mask does help skin glow for a night out and makes skin feel very clean and moisturized. It smells great too! It's pricey, but it lasts for a long time - trust me - don't be fooled by the little container! As there are better alternatives out there, I will not be repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this as my free product in a buy two, get one free special at The Body Shop. I'm pleased I did.

I really like the scent, and I feel the mask does a decent job of doing what it claims to do. It tingles a bit when I put it on, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized when washed off.

Even though I got it free, I'll definitely repurchase once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a gimmicky product that's supposed to work in 3 different ways at the same time: 1) organic honey moisturises and helps condition the skin. 2) Oatmeal grains help to gently remove dead skin cells. 3) Kaolin clay is a mineral that helps to draw impurities out from the skin.

There's no way that one product can perform all those duties at the same time, but I do think that it's quite a nice scrub on its own right, and I've been using it as such. I wouldn't leave it on my face as a mask, since my skin is very blemish-prone, and this product contains a known pore-clogger, myristyl myristate.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. I had been considering it for quite some time before I purchased. I have very sensitive, rosacea, acne-prone skin and psoriasis. Lucky me. Needless to say I am always on the lookout for products that are soothing, moisturizing and redness reducing. I am not an ingredient expert, so I don't know exactly what it was, but as soon as this product was on my face it burned like a mofo! I'm not talking about a tingling or slight stinging sensation, I'm talking burning! I had to rinse it off immediately. I am so glad that this is for some people what I wanted it to be for me, but I must caution those with extremely sensitive skin or a variety of skin complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by yalaerta

3 in 1..umm...a mile scrub. smells good, make me really want to have a bite. it make my face moisture. A small box can last for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought this at TBS promotion, buy any mask at S$10 off. Managed to pay only S$19.90 for this mask.

I love all TBS skincare, cos it works really well for me. Helps to reduce my outbreaks, lightens my marks and repair my skin.

This mask is a all-in-1 mask. It hydrates, exfoliates, deep cleanse at the same time. Can see instant glow after wash-off. I will follow up with TBS Vit E face mist and Vit E night cream. Love the smell of this mask. This tub is going to last me 1 year, I only use small scoop per week. Super value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the fresh oatmealy scent of this mask, I'm always opening the container and sniffing it. The mask itself doesn't do much though, it doesn't exfoliate, polish or scrub like it claims- (3 in 1)- it might polish a little although I don't really see any significant differences. I gave it three lippies because although it doesn't do anything for the better it doesn't do anything for the worse either. I use it randomly when I feel like pampering myself, it's really too bad because I really love the scent of this. Edit: I love this. Any rough patches that my skin develops, this completely sloughs off. My sister, mom and boyfriend has tried this as well and they all love it. Will repurchase over and over again!!! Not to mention the price is extremely reasonable- it has lasted more than six months on three people for under twenty dollars Canadian. Love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what's the rave about this. Sure it looks effective with oat and money in it, but it just doesn't do anything. I normally do a mask every week, and with this one I sometimes forget to have a mask. Why? It doesn't do anything. Doing it once a week is like a ritual instead of actually doing something good for my skin. While it's on it stings just a bit, and once I wash it off all I see are my skin, no better, but a lot of my white heads have floated to the surface on my nose. So I scrape them off with a whitehead cleaner. But that is not the purpose of this mask! It just doesn't do anything it claims to do. And the oat exfoliating part, the oats are too big and soft it doesn't exfoliate well either. Smell can give a headache after a while.