The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 9/18/2009 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great moisturizing mask for my oil skin. It slightly exfoliates then moisturizes my face without overly burden my skin with nutritions. Love it. I always stock this mask when tbs has its twice-a-year buy 2 get 1 free deal.

on 8/13/2009 7:18:00 PM

Well I've not actually gone through a full sized product, but I did use a sample for this. I have to say... the smell is amazing! Makes me all hungry lol...

However, it didn't really do much for my skin... didn't feel any cleaner or anything. But I guess it is a rather good treat every now and then... it is also pretty gentle.

I don't really care for how it's in a jar... as quite a number of my other reviews have stated... it's not very hygienic and can be quite a hassle.

But just have to say I did absolutely enjoy the smell of this thing =)

on 7/24/2009 8:34:00 PM

I really don't know why this product has such negative reviews! I looove it!! Everytime I want my skin to look new and fresh y use this mask, I leave it around 30 mins. or so, and I rinse it with cold water. I don't think this is hard to rinse like some reviews say, I just splash water several times and it is off. My skin looks new and fresh.

on 6/26/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to help moisturise my dry skin. Unfortunately I can't use it around my mouth where most of my dry patches are because it burns. Anywhere else on my face is OK, just not there. It moisturises a bit but not a huge amount and is hard to get off. I can't see how it exfoliates at all the oat pieces are really soft. Overall an OK product but there are better ones out there.

on 6/21/2009 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The fragrance of this mask is sweet, a little too sweet for me when it is on my face but after rinsing it off I get whiffs of a lovely fragrance. I cannot say it works wonders for my skin, but it is allright, I get soft, clean cheeks. I am not sure if I would buy it again, but that is more because I am not really enthousiastic about face masks in general. If I wanted to buy a face mask again, I probably would buy this one (or Lush's Love Lettuce.)

on 4/13/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First things first - this mask doesn't exactly scrub. Although there are oat bits, I'm not convinced that they actually exfoliate. But this mask does help skin glow for a night out and makes skin feel very clean and moisturized. It smells great too! It's pricey, but it lasts for a long time - trust me - don't be fooled by the little container! As there are better alternatives out there, I will not be repurchasing again.

on 4/6/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I picked this as my free product in a buy two, get one free special at The Body Shop. I'm pleased I did.

I really like the scent, and I feel the mask does a decent job of doing what it claims to do. It tingles a bit when I put it on, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized when washed off.

Even though I got it free, I'll definitely repurchase once I run out.

on 3/24/2009 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is a gimmicky product that's supposed to work in 3 different ways at the same time: 1) organic honey moisturises and helps condition the skin. 2) Oatmeal grains help to gently remove dead skin cells. 3) Kaolin clay is a mineral that helps to draw impurities out from the skin.

There's no way that one product can perform all those duties at the same time, but I do think that it's quite a nice scrub on its own right, and I've been using it as such. I wouldn't leave it on my face as a mask, since my skin is very blemish-prone, and this product contains a known pore-clogger, myristyl myristate.

on 3/20/2009 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this. I had been considering it for quite some time before I purchased. I have very sensitive, rosacea, acne-prone skin and psoriasis. Lucky me. Needless to say I am always on the lookout for products that are soothing, moisturizing and redness reducing. I am not an ingredient expert, so I don't know exactly what it was, but as soon as this product was on my face it burned like a mofo! I'm not talking about a tingling or slight stinging sensation, I'm talking burning! I had to rinse it off immediately. I am so glad that this is for some people what I wanted it to be for me, but I must caution those with extremely sensitive skin or a variety of skin complaints.

on 3/20/2009 9:02:00 PM

3 in 1..umm...a mile scrub. smells good, make me really want to have a bite. it make my face moisture. A small box can last for a long time.