July 30, 2014 | 2115 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the sample size (0.5 oz) and I like this. It has an authentic, pleasant orange scent. It is a thick orange gel that does not lather. For reference, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've had this in my cupboard for ~6 years. I was just about to throw it out because I figured it'd be rancid by now, but it seems fine to me so I'm going to use it up. I avoided using this because I used to hate non-lathering cleansers, but these days I loving oil-based cleansers.

I wear mineral makeup and this is great for foundation removal. At first I expected this to remove my makeup, but require me to follow up with a gentle cleanser. It turns out this is enough on its own.

Per the instructions, I rub it onto my dry face, then pat off with a hot cloth. My skin is smooth and hydrated afterwards.

I started using this recently this spring and I don't even need to moisturize afterwards. I am liking this but if I were to try another Burt's cleanser, it would be the radiance one which gets better reviews here.

Update: I think the few times that I did not follow this with a cleanser, I broke out. That's a dealbreaker for me so even though I will finish the small tube, I will not repurchase. A better mu remover that does not break me out is jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bumped

I bought this as my winter cleanser as my skin is usually oily but in the wintertime is dry/combination. It is amazing. I haven't had any big breakouts since getting it. It doesn't dry out my skin, but makes it feel clean. Like others have said, spread it on dry with slightly wet fingers, rub it in, and rub it off with a warm washcloth or face puff. SO SOFT. Don't get it in your eyes. It is acidic (oranges). Anyway, I love this. It is my HG, and I will update my opinion as I am going to try and use it for the summertime as well. :)

UPDATE: NOT good for oily skin - too moisturizing. I guess I'll put it away for the summer. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mekana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I tried this product I absolutely did not like it at all but then using it again and again I now LOVE IT! I have dry skin and using this face cleanser has completely rehydrated my skin and cleared it up. Over all the other expensive & cheap cleansers I have used this one I will be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by melodysg

Im on probably 10th tube now and i just love it. I have combo, sensitive skin and very prone to acne. I use 2-step cleansing method only at NIGHT. First I apply to dry skin with quarter sized amount. I rub in for a few minutes and feel the plugs in my face are brought to the surface, wash if off with warm water. Then in the shower I use a gentle, forming cleanser to wash off the film that left over from BB orange cleanser. Got it online from vitacost, about $6, in Australia it cost $19.95. By using the 2-step method at night, my face has zero acne and no more clogged pores. Reference: in the morning I only wash my face with water and I wear high spf sunscreen, sometimes I use a light makeup.
Other cleansing oils may do the same but BB orange is 100% natural which i found safer than other oil cleansers such as Shu/fancl where you may have higher risk to get acne if rubbing too long.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

I am addicted to Oil Based cleansers and cannot stop myself from purchasing more. I got this product from my sister who tried using it in the shower and didn't like it. First, I apply to dry skin, not wet. I use between a dime and quarter sized amount. I rub in circles for a few minutes and the oil dissoves the oil in your face (remember chemistry? Oil dissoves oil). The orange fragrance is quite enjoyable. It does not foam nor should it. Foam does not equate to clean and often the bubbles you find in other cleansers are chemically induced to make you feel clean. After rubbing, you may feel the plugs in your face loosen. What a feeling! Remove with a warm wash cloth. Like a facial in your own bathroom!! Easy to find in most drugstores for $8.00, worth every penny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by frugal2

This stuff is like cleansing with motor grease. it doesnt' wash off. It felt like I had so much residue on my skin even after rinsing in hot water that i had to take a cleansing cloth and re-clean my face. the Orange essence cleanser came off along with left over make-up. Yuk! Good thing I got this as a free sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by cheeseburger79

This stuff is just lovely. It makes me think (NOT in a bad way), of the ' Orange Glo' household solvent, but reinvented for your your face!
First, it dissloves all of the gunk left from your makeup (yes, even long wear products and mascara)-and impurities from your general day: a slpash of warm water, a good masage over the skin with a dollop of this(a little goes a lonnnng way), and remove with a warm wet washcloth-poof-instant purity for your skin which retains a truly comfortable softness, even before your moisture regimen.
It works for my dry,sensitive skin, dissolving all the days debauchery and rinsing it down the drain, and posseses a gorgeous orange aroma.
I bought this on a whim, looking for a replacement for greasy (yet effective),cold cream, and I'm not dissapointed. The Orange essence cleanser has a touch of care that cold cream lacks.
A swipe of witch hazel, a good serum and moisturizer, and that"ll do. (Well exfoliate a few times a week too!). Really, that's all I need!
I feared a heavy oilslick from this, even though my skin is dry, but my fears were in vain. Such a great, gentle solvent! LOVE this and highly reccommend.
For reference, my skin is dry and sensitive, and I wear too much makeup,this purifys my face as the best first step to my skin care regimen. Use only once a day though, or you MAY get the buildup of, well, beeswax. Use nightly. Fab makeup remover with a rejuvinating aroma.
Charming naturesque packaging with a slight hippie vibe, availible in most Cvs and Walgreens stores. Roughly 8.00,USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by elee522

I wanted to buy a daily cleanser that was preferably organic or natural. This product has beneficial ingredients such as olive oil and has a divine smell of citrus. But, this isn't a cleanser I would use daily because I have mild-ish acne and it is very moisturizing to the point of there being a film over my face. So, I've decided to use this twice or three times a week in case I break out from the excess moisture. Overall, I'm absolutely loving this brand because of their effort to provide natural products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by harpo7879

I've never written a review for anything before, but I love this product so much I wanted to rave. :-) I've tried a lot of different cleansers but my skin is very sensitive and dry, and I hate that "pinched" feeling I get as soon as I rinse them off. I decided to give this a shot (and tried to ignore the $7.99 price tag, which isn't awful but is still more than I'd normally spend)... and I love it! I don't use it every day, since it is a bit heavy; every other day I'll use it, then I put on St. Ives Fresh Skin moisturizer right afterwards, and my skin's never felt softer. It's also helped to even out my skin which occasionally has small dry patches, especially in the winter. I'm very pleased and will definitely be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by madmarx

This is an excellent product for makeup removal and "deep" cleansing; I generally use it at night and Its moisturizing enough that it's often all I need, esp. in summer. I love its jellied texture and natural fragrance, and if you accidently get any in you mouth, its pretty tasty! Its also non-irritating and hasn't broken me out yet. I recommend using it with wet hands on a dry face as directed, and removed with a wet washcloth or sponge. This way I've never had a problem with any sort of film or greasiness. The only problem I have is that it doesn't seem particularly concentrated - you have to use a pretty good splodge to get really clean, or at least clean-feeling. at 7.99, it's perfectly reasonable; just not my HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No