April 19, 2014 | 1308 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by melodysg

Im on probably 10th tube now and i just love it. I have combo, sensitive skin and very prone to acne. I use 2-step cleansing method only at NIGHT. First I apply to dry skin with quarter sized amount. I rub in for a few minutes and feel the plugs in my face are brought to the surface, wash if off with warm water. Then in the shower I use a gentle, forming cleanser to wash off the film that left over from BB orange cleanser. Got it online from vitacost, about $6, in Australia it cost $19.95. By using the 2-step method at night, my face has zero acne and no more clogged pores. Reference: in the morning I only wash my face with water and I wear high spf sunscreen, sometimes I use a light makeup.
Other cleansing oils may do the same but BB orange is 100% natural which i found safer than other oil cleansers such as Shu/fancl where you may have higher risk to get acne if rubbing too long.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

I am addicted to Oil Based cleansers and cannot stop myself from purchasing more. I got this product from my sister who tried using it in the shower and didn't like it. First, I apply to dry skin, not wet. I use between a dime and quarter sized amount. I rub in circles for a few minutes and the oil dissoves the oil in your face (remember chemistry? Oil dissoves oil). The orange fragrance is quite enjoyable. It does not foam nor should it. Foam does not equate to clean and often the bubbles you find in other cleansers are chemically induced to make you feel clean. After rubbing, you may feel the plugs in your face loosen. What a feeling! Remove with a warm wash cloth. Like a facial in your own bathroom!! Easy to find in most drugstores for $8.00, worth every penny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by frugal2

This stuff is like cleansing with motor grease. it doesnt' wash off. It felt like I had so much residue on my skin even after rinsing in hot water that i had to take a cleansing cloth and re-clean my face. the Orange essence cleanser came off along with left over make-up. Yuk! Good thing I got this as a free sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by cheeseburger79

This stuff is just lovely. It makes me think (NOT in a bad way), of the ' Orange Glo' household solvent, but reinvented for your your face!
First, it dissloves all of the gunk left from your makeup (yes, even long wear products and mascara)-and impurities from your general day: a slpash of warm water, a good masage over the skin with a dollop of this(a little goes a lonnnng way), and remove with a warm wet washcloth-poof-instant purity for your skin which retains a truly comfortable softness, even before your moisture regimen.
It works for my dry,sensitive skin, dissolving all the days debauchery and rinsing it down the drain, and posseses a gorgeous orange aroma.
I bought this on a whim, looking for a replacement for greasy (yet effective),cold cream, and I'm not dissapointed. The Orange essence cleanser has a touch of care that cold cream lacks.
A swipe of witch hazel, a good serum and moisturizer, and that"ll do. (Well exfoliate a few times a week too!). Really, that's all I need!
I feared a heavy oilslick from this, even though my skin is dry, but my fears were in vain. Such a great, gentle solvent! LOVE this and highly reccommend.
For reference, my skin is dry and sensitive, and I wear too much makeup,this purifys my face as the best first step to my skin care regimen. Use only once a day though, or you MAY get the buildup of, well, beeswax. Use nightly. Fab makeup remover with a rejuvinating aroma.
Charming naturesque packaging with a slight hippie vibe, availible in most Cvs and Walgreens stores. Roughly 8.00,USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by elee522

I wanted to buy a daily cleanser that was preferably organic or natural. This product has beneficial ingredients such as olive oil and has a divine smell of citrus. But, this isn't a cleanser I would use daily because I have mild-ish acne and it is very moisturizing to the point of there being a film over my face. So, I've decided to use this twice or three times a week in case I break out from the excess moisture. Overall, I'm absolutely loving this brand because of their effort to provide natural products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by harpo7879

I've never written a review for anything before, but I love this product so much I wanted to rave. :-) I've tried a lot of different cleansers but my skin is very sensitive and dry, and I hate that "pinched" feeling I get as soon as I rinse them off. I decided to give this a shot (and tried to ignore the $7.99 price tag, which isn't awful but is still more than I'd normally spend)... and I love it! I don't use it every day, since it is a bit heavy; every other day I'll use it, then I put on St. Ives Fresh Skin moisturizer right afterwards, and my skin's never felt softer. It's also helped to even out my skin which occasionally has small dry patches, especially in the winter. I'm very pleased and will definitely be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by madmarx

This is an excellent product for makeup removal and "deep" cleansing; I generally use it at night and Its moisturizing enough that it's often all I need, esp. in summer. I love its jellied texture and natural fragrance, and if you accidently get any in you mouth, its pretty tasty! Its also non-irritating and hasn't broken me out yet. I recommend using it with wet hands on a dry face as directed, and removed with a wet washcloth or sponge. This way I've never had a problem with any sort of film or greasiness. The only problem I have is that it doesn't seem particularly concentrated - you have to use a pretty good splodge to get really clean, or at least clean-feeling. at 7.99, it's perfectly reasonable; just not my HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by sara942

I personally love this cleanser. It is very reasonably priced for a 100% natural cleanser and has a refreshingly tangy orange scent. Wakes me right up in the morning, leaves my skin really smooth and soft, not drying at all, but still leaves me feeling refreshed. I personally have really dry skin though, so this may be too heavy for those with oilier skin. I also haven't tried to remove make up with it, as I'm just using this as a regular, daily cleanser--for which this is perfect:) It's a refreshing, gentle everyday cleanser for people with dry skin, so if that's what you're looking for, this is great!

UPDATE: I can't use this every day anymore -- it's too rich so it's making me break out. I'll still use it 2-3 times a week; that should be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second bottle of this stuff, and thats saying something since I have to LOVE something to re-buy it. Most of the time if something works, i will still look at other stuff.. ANYWAY enough about me. well, actually, about my skin: I have EXTREMELY dry skin and its really sensitive. This cleaner doesn't strip my skin of moisture and is super gentle. I have a naturally reddish complexion, and this cleaner actually lessens the redness and hasnt caused any breakouts. I havent experienced that waxy feel that everyone talks about... A lot of people say that its really thick and they can't apply it, but you have to get some cleaner on your hand and then run it underwater for a couple of seconds so it looks somewhat milky, and apply it to a wet face, and then you can see it and it doesnt feel like super thick gel. Overall, my HG moisturizer! One more thing, it smells amazing. like fresh squeezed oranges :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by allthatshimmersx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this product makes my skin really glow, i have oily skin and didnt think this being a orange oil product would go down well with me.BUT IT WORKED WONDERS it made my skin appear more awake and bright giving me a good glow, i got a smaller size in a gift set but a little went along way, i plan to purchase the full sized tube but have seen that it is rather pricey, ranging from 9-11 roughly in the UK.Which in my opinion is quite expensive for a cleanser but for the difference its made in my skin i dont think i should compramise, i have noticed that this has reduced my spots, but i have used it along side aqeaous cream(moisturiser),st ives apricot scrub(exfoliater),clean and clear spot clearing lotion(Toner/Lotion) and byebye blemish spot treatment(spot treatment) trying hard to drink pleanty of water to clear toxins out of my body and get clearer skin, which i have to admit is the best treatment you can do. Im not sayying this cleanser is gonna work as well as it did for me as all skin types are different even those with oily skin can responed differently to products, so i wouldnt say this is gonna work amazing for everybody but if you get the chance to try it if maybe a friend has it try it it might just work or if there is an offer on give it ago you may just be impressed.