October 30, 2014 | 1693 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - nail polish

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2003 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Jen-X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love Hard Candy nailpolishes. To be honest, I only ever buy HC nailpolishes or Anna Sui one. I don't know why other people complain about chipping, because mine stays on forever and out of all the nailpolishes I've used, HC one of the longer lasting ones. Perhaps it's the way you put it on? In my experience, it dries superfast and the colour selections are superfab. I love their nailpolishes :) Don't recommend the glittery ones though. They look good but they take forever to come off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 10:38:00 PM More reviews by QuinnBridget

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this polish in "Fetish" a blue/purple metallic colour which I *lurve*. These wear pretty well on my nails but are a bit hard to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 5:20:00 PM More reviews by rahsfut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I was younger I loved the color selection of Hard Candy--the selection and quality could not be matched. Now that it is easier to find crazy high end colors, I still think Hard Candy is the best. The packaging is cute. It's the perfect price, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2003 2:24:00 AM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just tried this product in Complex--a pretty mocha shade which is a good neutral. It had merely OK staying power, chipping off after 3 days, but to be fair, I didn't use a topcoat so that could have explained it. It also doesn't seem to dry very fast, but I will try it again in some other shades I got and see how it goes. Sure, I like the packaging and pretty colors, but my feeling is you can get just as decent polish (minus the showy package) in pretty colors with other cheaper brands such as L'Oreal and Revlon. The price is downright nutty--$9 to $12 for a bottle. You can definitely find polish equal to (or better than) this, for a fraction of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2003 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Salosdaisies

This doesn't have the staying power like other brands. It tended to flake off in just a couple days. I've only had one bottle though-so maybe I just had a bad batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2003 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sTaRfIsHE

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love HC nail polishes for 2 reasons 1.the cute packaging w/the matching ring 2.the colors are SO CUTE! my fav is ego (a barbie pink w/pink glitter) sky (a light blue w/a blue sheen) & hick (a midnight blue w/a purple sheen & silver glitter)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2003 8:54:00 AM More reviews by reynoldskl

I love this polish in Sky, I disagree with a lot of the other comments, in that I think it has fantastic staying power, in fact is hard to get off. All my friends love the colour, its really different, will buy again and I want more colours too!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lavintagemaven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason this product gets 2 stars is for the color selection- there are some beautiful colors! However, I hate the packaging and the dinky little ring, the color starts to fade after one day, and the formula is rather goopy, even if brand new. Not worth the $12, or whatever they ask for it. Try Tony and Tina or Urban Decay for better polishes..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 1:59:00 PM More reviews by emalc

Overall - I like Hard Candy polishes. They have great color selection, although not all shades have lasting power. STOP and HICK have the best staying power I have tried lately, although HICK makes me look like I'm not getting enough oxygen. I prefer to layer HICK over SKY, which looks pretty cool. The color with the worst staying power so far is SKIMPY. I love the color, but it only lasts about 6 hours before chipping off. Hard Candy used to make a color called HOLIDAY HOMICIDE (or something like that) that was my favorite ever, but I don't think they make it anymore. I love the packaging - I think the rings are too cute, even if they are too small to wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2003 4:27:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, I don't see how this is special. I can just go to the drugstore and buy Revlon or Sally Hansen. They chip as much as any other nail polish does.