Hard Candy nail polish

3.4

on 9/23/2003 12:28:00 AM

I haven't used Hard Candy nail polishes in a loooong time...like since they first came out...but recently recieved three as a gift. I got Ego (magenta w/sparkle), Piglet (orange w/ a pink sheen to it), and Sonic (ULTRA metallic gold). Piglet is by far my favorite of the three. I'm not big on pink and Sonic is a little too bling for me lol. I have noticed they seem to chip more than they used to. But I put three coats on plus a topcoat last night and so far so good. Plus they still come with the supercute matching ring (which only fits my thumb without sliding around, but oh well). I am glad these were given to me and I will probably repurchase a different color soon.

on 8/13/2003 11:30:00 PM

I have to say that I love Hard Candy when it first came out and I love the colors they have, but I do realize that it only takes a day or so with a topcoat and it starts to chip, and chip badly...I'm just glad that I got them at the macy's sale...but if you like color then hard candy and urban decay are great...

on 8/9/2003 2:35:00 AM

I love Hard Candy nailpolishes. To be honest, I only ever buy HC nailpolishes or Anna Sui one. I don't know why other people complain about chipping, because mine stays on forever and out of all the nailpolishes I've used, HC one of the longer lasting ones. Perhaps it's the way you put it on? In my experience, it dries superfast and the colour selections are superfab. I love their nailpolishes :) Don't recommend the glittery ones though. They look good but they take forever to come off.

on 8/7/2003 10:38:00 PM

I have this polish in "Fetish" a blue/purple metallic colour which I *lurve*. These wear pretty well on my nails but are a bit hard to remove.

on 8/5/2003 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I was younger I loved the color selection of Hard Candy--the selection and quality could not be matched. Now that it is easier to find crazy high end colors, I still think Hard Candy is the best. The packaging is cute. It's the perfect price, too.

on 7/20/2003 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have just tried this product in Complex--a pretty mocha shade which is a good neutral. It had merely OK staying power, chipping off after 3 days, but to be fair, I didn't use a topcoat so that could have explained it. It also doesn't seem to dry very fast, but I will try it again in some other shades I got and see how it goes. Sure, I like the packaging and pretty colors, but my feeling is you can get just as decent polish (minus the showy package) in pretty colors with other cheaper brands such as L'Oreal and Revlon. The price is downright nutty--$9 to $12 for a bottle. You can definitely find polish equal to (or better than) this, for a fraction of the price.

on 7/18/2003 4:23:00 PM

This doesn't have the staying power like other brands. It tended to flake off in just a couple days. I've only had one bottle though-so maybe I just had a bad batch.

on 6/25/2003 10:42:00 PM

i love HC nail polishes for 2 reasons 1.the cute packaging w/the matching ring 2.the colors are SO CUTE! my fav is ego (a barbie pink w/pink glitter) sky (a light blue w/a blue sheen) & hick (a midnight blue w/a purple sheen & silver glitter)

on 6/18/2003 8:54:00 AM

I love this polish in Sky, I disagree with a lot of the other comments, in that I think it has fantastic staying power, in fact is hard to get off. All my friends love the colour, its really different, will buy again and I want more colours too!

The only reason this product gets 2 stars is for the color selection- there are some beautiful colors! However, I hate the packaging and the dinky little ring, the color starts to fade after one day, and the formula is rather goopy, even if brand new. Not worth the $12, or whatever they ask for it. Try Tony and Tina or Urban Decay for better polishes..

Popular Polishes