December 22, 2014 | 739 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All the shades have extreme shine. You will wind up more alien than ethereal. However,rubbed into cleavage,or used as a highlighter or mixed with a moisturizer and rubbed onto your legs its spectacular. Gold is lovely on tanned legs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

I've used the skinlights products and I think that the Revlon lotion is the best one on the market at any price point. I just dap some on my cheekbones, browbones, and chin and I look lit from within. Why on why oh why is Revlon discontinuing this line. I noticed it's no longer sold at my local D.C. CVS stores. I'm just heartbroken.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

Why Revlon, why did you do it? Why did you have to go and discontinue such a great product? This was the best highlighter I ever tried! It was so smooth, so flawless, so illuminating! The colors were all gorgeous, and they all complimented your skintone. This never made me break out either. If I am lucky, I can find this still at places here and there, but only for $15...=[

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by DebL66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. The key is to use it sparingly as a highlighter, not an allover face lotion. I just put it on the apples of my cheeks and top of my cheekbones, and just below my eyebrows. My skin looks dewy, but if I used it all over it'd be way too much. You also don't want to use it near fine lines at the corners of your eyes as it will accentuate them. A tube of this will last FOREVER. The only negative comment I have is the smell of the product...pleasant but strong. Luckily it seems to fade after awhile.

It's also great as a collarbone highlighter or mixed with a bit of body lotion on legs and arms.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by polochka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Way too much shimmer--it accentuated every tiny bump and pore on my face. No dewy look for me--my skin looked like orange peel, all pitted and cratered. Not cheap, either. I washed it off immediately, put it aside to give to a friend, and vowed to stick with the matte look. I look at this as a $15 learning experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

This is one of my favorite products that works just as well as my Pout illuminator which is double the price. I use Warm Light on my summer tan and it gives me this most beaultiful golden glow. The shimmers are very fine so it adds a soft sheen instead of a sparkling mask. For everyday use, I like to mix a little bit of it with my moisturizer or sunscreen to use on my whole face, then I look all healthy, radiant and ready to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by sparklina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm slightly addicted to this!!!i love the look it gives with no other face makeup- i'ts just a bit more polished looking, this and a little bit of blusher for the natch look. i have it in pink light. THIS PRODUCT LASTS FOR AAAAAAGES.and i mean ages.i have had mine 2yrs and i wear it all the time-its still not wasted. as with all highlighters,it can make me look a bit patchy sometimes but overall v.pleased with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Danielle_U

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was searching for a bronzer that I could apply to my face that would look natural. I like to keep my hair on the darker brown side but I have such fair skin if I don't tan my face I end up looking gothic! Not the look I am going for....I picked this up in golden light and it is perfect bronzer for my fair skin. Do note that less is more! I put a pea sizeish amount on the back of my hand and blend into my cheeks, temples, into the foreheard area and on the chin and blend down the neck area with a sponge. I lightly dust with physians formula mineral powder bronzer and voila! I acheive the exact effect as a self tanner. My skin looks glowy and healthy. I am very pleased with this product. *****I found mixing this with my cover girl whipped foundation makes it much easier to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by annic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this lotion in natural light and warm light. I can use only the tiniest pinprick amount or my skin will look greasy-- even though I have dry skin. I use it below my eyes and on my cheekbones to brighten and highlight. I do like that it's spf 15, oil free, and a little goes a long way, but I could never use this on my whole face, so it's a waste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to start off by saying that I really love the scent of the skinlights products. They actually made a VHTF fragrance about 5 years ago (which I loooove and use sparingly cuz it's so difficult to locate). Anyway, the fragrance smells just like the products: Clementine, lavender and Ginger. yum! fresh and sweet. Anyway...onto the product. I've had this highlighter for quite some time in 2 shades (natural light & peach light) and I just don't pull it out much. I agree with the other reviews that it can come off as too much sheen, but if it's blended well it's not too bad. I find that i also like mixing this with an unscented body lotion and using it on my arms and collar bone to catch the light. It shimmers very nicely then! I marked that I would purchase this again but only cuz I'm interested in trying out pink light. I have a HG highlighter that I seem to use more often, though (Clinique).