April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Diva is a beautiful vampy matte color. But it is almost identical to Sin, so if you have one ya don't need the other. They both have cool dark reddish undertones but Sin is slightly darker than Diva. Both are matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This 3.5 lippies for me, when I tried it on in the store I only wore the colour lightly and it looked awesome, and that is how I have been wearing it since I bought it - as a stain with matte lip balm underneath. Its perfect as a berry stain.

I assumed that this would look even better when worn as a full colour but for some reason I can't get used to wearing this one full on...On my lips this comes out as a deep cranberry and it looks fine, but not as good when worn as a stain. Will have to experiment some more with lip liners as Diva may still wow me yet. Generally though not sure I would repurchase this, as when I buy a lipstick I like to use it as a lipstick, not a stain!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I bought this about three years ago (two?) and only just now have I gotten around to properly reviewing it, although I've referenced it in previous reviews.
I love the shade of this lipstick. It's perfect. Which is why I so desperately wanted to make it work. But it didn't.
It's sooooo dry. Ridiculously dry. It caused such horrible damage to my lips that if I wore it for two hours, I'd have to spend the next two to three days wearing nothing but balm and doing serious damage control.
I tried it several times with different approaches and none of them worked. A thin layer of balm underneath was no match. Gloss on top defeats the purpose of it being matte.
I ended up giving this away to a friend to see if she could make it work. I've never once seen her wear it, so something tells me it didn't.
I have noticed that Media is a good non-matte formula version of this, and since I own that one now, I'm not missing Diva at all. But dangit, I really wanted a matte lip color in that shade. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by amylulily

I'm an NW25 (without tan as its winter) I love bold lips and this lipstick is fabulous for that! It's a deep berry red colour, very dark but still wearable if you have the confidence! It makes your lips look great, enhances your smile and lasts. I love the matte finish! This would suit you if you have dark hair like me, it also makes my blue eyes pop! I bought MAC lip pencil in Burgundy to line my lips to prevent bleeding and it works really well, though I don't think this lipstick would bleed even if I skipped the liner. The packaging is professional but its not stunning like YSL etc. Overall, I love it- it's my new favourite. Don't be afraid of the colour because it just works!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Kimmymmik

One word. STUNNING!
Its become so addictive that I want to wear it all the time!
It lasts ages so I never have to take it out with me to top up.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by DollyPetra

LOVE this color! One of my instant favorites. Bold and beautiful shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love MAC, and I know there is nothing wrong with this lipstick, so i'm giving it a four. But beware, I looked at a lot of swatches on the internet (and bought it online silly me) but I think it definitely needs to be tried to appreciate how dark it actually is.

It was definitely the wrong choice for me. I have medium coloured skin with cool undertones and whist Diva doesn't look awful, it doesn't do anything for me. It's just a touch too dark even with very light application and makes my lips look small. I have very dark brown hair and eyes and it's on the point of looking a a bit goth I think. It's also very purple on me, and I was looking for something a tiny bit more in the dark red category.

As usual with mac mattes the wear is very good, and I think for someone darker skinned this would look a lot nicer. It goes on smoothly and stays in place well. So definitely not a bad lipstick, but not for me

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very pretty vampy looking lipstick. It's a dark, berry color. It pops against my dark skin with golden undertones (Matchmaster 8.0). This was a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by thuraiia

This lipstick is my favorite lipstick in the whole world.
It works well with every single skin tone. It has a matte finish, but it doesn't dry out your lips. It doesn't bleed or slide or anything like that it stays on forever. I can't say enough things about this lipstick other than it's the perfect dark lipstick that isn't too dramatic or too boring red.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This lipstick is beautiful.

My mother swears it's too dark and urged me to return it; strangers compliment me on it (which doesn't happen as often with my light/medium lipsticks). I believe the random people over my mother (who has never given me the best beauty advice).

If you've got dark hair and eyes with light skin, I strongly suggest you try this lipstick! I always felt safer wearing nude colors, but I think dark lip colors give a much prettier contrast.

Packaging is fine/professional-looking, though not gorgeous like a Guerlain lipstick. Considering MAC's product quality and prices, I'm quite happy with this product.

For those of you who like to line your lips, try MAC's Burgandy lip pencil. Because this is a matte lipstick, it's not super-obvious if you like to overline your lips.