October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Aubreyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC30 with olive undertones, brown eyes dark brown hair.

I bought this lipstick for 19 euros off of the Mac Cosmetics German website. Shipping was fast and my order came with a free Zoom Lash sample (cute!)

Back to the lipstick, Diva is a gorgeous vampy red. I couldn't believe how beautiful it complimented my olive skin tone. It is one of the most flattering lipsticks I have tried.
I like the matte formula. With dark lipsticks, I prefer little to no shine and Diva has no shine at all. It doesn't tug on my lips and the formula is creamy for a matte. Not moisturizing and a little drying, but it is easily fixed with a lip primer or some lip balm. Overall, I think this lipstick is amazing on a variety of skin tones. I am not a fan of lip liners and I avoid buying if I don't have to but with this lipstick I think a lip liner is neccessary. For those looking for a cheap alternative, Red Blush by Essence is a very inexpensive lip liner that in America can be found at Ulta and in Germany at the DM that matches this lipstick EXACTLY.

To the point, I say this lipstick is at least a must try. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you will be surprised at how nicely it can compliment a variety of skin tones. This is now my number 2 favorite lipstick, Peackstock by MAC is still number 1 :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Maxxi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The name says it all. And I love the retro matte finish. Just like your face ladies you must prep & prime those beautiful lips. I use Carmex lip balm and a dab of Vaseline and while about 3-5 minutes then apply a matte lipstick.

This a berry red, slightly darker than RiRi woo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by DL78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for shy or retiring types! I'm a NW20 for reference with dark hair and pale green eyes. Absolutely perfect shade for autumn. Very dramatic! Lasts and lasts too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

DIVA is a gorgeous burgundy color and is a go to fall lippy or anytime for a vampy look. I am an NW45 or NC50 depending on the time of year. lol Love this non drying matte finish. Staple!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nc30-35, warm and yellow undertones

This color is a gorgeous deep burgundy purple. This reminds me of revlon's black cherry but diva is a tad bit darker. This shade in my skin tone kind of makes me look gothy but in a chic way. Although formula is matte, it glides on smooth and doesn't completely dry out my lips. With any bold color, especially this shade, you definitely want to exfoliate your lips before application. I love pairing this lipstick with Mac's lip liner in night moth. I apply this lipstick straight from the tube or with a lip brush. Definitely would repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was looking for Diva all the past winter. It was always sold out and now I can see why. Got it a few weeks ago (yay for back 2 MAC!) and I'll certainly wear it a lot this autumn.
Diva is a quite daring (for my NC15 self at least) bold burgundy color. Applied straight from the tube is a bit too dark, vampy and edgy for me, even brownish. Basically the same lip color as the one Lily Rabe wore @ 2013 Emmys.
BUT applied with a soft lip brush as a thin layer it's really gorgeous. Velvety matte deep wine color and much more wearable than I thought. It's not as bright as Ruby Woo, not as predictable as Russian Red and not as innocent as Cockney for example - I love them all by the way.
Diva is a very womanly and sultry color who doesn't scream for attention but gets inevitably noticed. It's not moisturizing and you absolutely have to exfoliate lips before application but it has awesome lasting power.
Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by puffadori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful rich, deep red with hints of burgundy and brown. Looks stunning on my light skin (NW 25). No orange cast. Bold, sexy, inviting. Perfect to create an ethereal look with minimalist eye makeup. Color didn't bleed- stayed put.
Only thing is that it is drying. Add a balm beforehand. Exfoliate lips or it will stick on dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

PROS:

-beautiful on ALL skin, I'm very fair (nw15) and it looks fantastic, my friend is NC40 and it looks great on her as well
-one swipe is very pigmented and rich, but you can also use it as a stain
-great staying power, with lip liner you can make it through an entire meal with barely any colour fading
-classic matte finish, but not too drying
-lovely mac lipstick scent
-smooth application, especially considering it is a matte (that means you, ruby woo)

CONS:
-not moisturizing, when reapplying it can feel a tad dry but it is to be expected with a longwearing color
-price

overall this is my go to dark lip

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by kelseykay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My go-to lip color. Diva never fails! a bit drying like mac's other matte lip colors however the color is so beautiful I don't even care. Try exfoliating a bit and moisturizing before application and it should rid you of some dryness. Give it a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by twenty6twelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a deep almost burgundy color which is quite vampy, it again is a matte formula which can be quite drying yet not as drying as Mac's retro matte formula (ruby woo). So I suggest you to use a moisturizing lip balm before applying this. The color reminds me of the lipstick colors Emma Stone wore in the movie the Gangster Squad and the 20s era.