MAC Matte - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

on 12/29/2013 7:24:00 PM

I got Diva (as well as a few other MAC products) for Christmas this year and oh my, I LOVE this lipstick. I found out about this shade because a friend of mine met Marilyn Manson and he told her he was wearing Diva and I thought "wow that's a damn pretty color, I have to have it" and now I've been wearing it every day since Christmas morning. It's completely matte, but on my lips it looks like a sort of velvet finish. It's not too drying, it's not particularly moisturizing at all just like every other matte MAC lipstick. It lasts fairly long, too. Yesterday I wore it for about 13 hours through eating, drinking, etc. and it stayed very well. Before the MAC lipsticks I got for Christmas, I had one other and I've had it for over a year and about half of the bullet is still there even though I've worn it at least 3 times a week since I got it. it's 15 dollars in America (I don't know if the price changes anywhere else) which isn't too bad for a lipstick of this quality. It's worth every penny of it and I would certainly purchase it again.

on 12/29/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've had MAC Diva in my arsenal for a couple years but never wore it because I've always done nude lipsticks. Lately though, I've been on a quest to shake up my routine & step outside my usual daily face.

Enter MAC Diva... Oh my. I can't believe I haven't been wearing this all along!! On my NC40 skin tone, this is the most beautiful shade of deep brick red. Perfect for a sultry lip without being too goth. Despite being a matte lipstick, it's surprisingly not drying at all. Richly pigmented & wears for hours. I pair it with Current or Vino lipliner. Absolutely gorgeous.. This is one I'll definitely be wearing often!! continued >>

on 12/22/2013 2:03:00 PM

UGH YES. Been looking for the right texture/opacity/shade burgundy red lipstick since October and bought this out of recommendation from MUAs on this board :) I LOVE it. The perfect shade of red for any time! It's the right shade of darkness so that it's not too dark like a dark cherry but not bright red either and looks really elegant and beautiful! I also love that its matte and the texture and staying power is ridiculous. Fantastic.

on 12/12/2013 11:04:00 PM

I wore this today & got soooo many compliments! I was actually surprised bc it's been awhile since I've worn something that wasn't neutral. I will def be wearing this again. Great fall/winter color....

on 12/12/2013 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yesterday I asked for a deep bordeaux shade and the lady working at MAC suggested this. I bought it but after trying it on again at home I am definitely going to return it. I don't like the brownish tinge in this lipstick and I also found it to be super drying. I don't get all the hype over this. I also think you should not pair it with MAC's Vino lip pencil because it makes it look even darker. I will just stick to MAC's Rebel, Wet n' Wild's Dark Wine (which looks awesome paired with Vino, and Clinique's Cranberry Cream (a gorgeous bordeaux shade). PS I was at CVS today and Wet N' Wild's Cherry Bomb looks almost identical to Diva.

definitely love this lipstick!!! got so many compliments when i wore this the other day, all of them telling me they wish they had the courage to wear such dark lipstick. It turned out to be a deep red but more on the brown side I would say. It was super matte and lasted a long time before I had to reapply. This colour is perfect for winter time :)

on 12/10/2013 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Oh my goodness. This is my favourite red lipstick ever! I can't even explain how much I love this. I got it from my Back2Mac exchange since I've been eyeing it for months. This is a matte lipstick but it's not drying (take that, Ruby Woo). I repeat, matte but NOT drying -- can I get a hallelujah? Anyway, the colour comes out deep burgundy on me. It's rich and very pigmented and I feel like it looks amazing on my NC35 skin. My parents are kind of conservative and my mom is not a big fan of red lipsticks but this colour, she LOVES. Some strangers have also complimented this colour, which was nice! One time I was at Sephora and the MUA there was such a sweetheart when she said this lipstick looks amazing on me. This would be my fall/winter lipstick, I'm sure of that. Please grab this lipstick and it will be perfect for the holiday parties you will be going to!

on 11/18/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color that lasts all day and never comes off. In love with this color. :)

I love this!!! I think it's the colour which I love so much. I've never worn a dark colour before, I rarely even wear bright lips-total nude girl! I took a total risk with this, buying it without even swatch in got or trying it on, but let me tell you it was worth it. Perfect deep red colour. I'm NC30 skintone (through fake tan) and have very dark hair and just looks A*. Would look BEAUTIFUL on dark skinned girls and maybe even blondes. Also made me teeth look pearly white. Love love love, totally worth the money. Only downside is that it's very drying but heck it's a matte, what did I expect?

on 10/30/2013 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've never been much of a lipstick wearer, but I turned 35 this year and decided that I wanted to change my makeup "style" a little bit...I've been wearing clear/"nude" glosses for the last 10+ years and wanted a change. After lots of Google searches, I came to the conclusion that MAC Diva was a popular and well-liked burgundy color that seemed to look good on *most* people....

I have not yet worn it out of the house (because I think I look really weird with dark lipstick on....not bad, just weird...not used to it!) but I've wear-tested it around the house.

The color on me (slightly olive skin, hazel eyes, brunette) is a nice dark red with a hint of a blackened purple/plum undertone. Worn full-strength (right out of the tube) it's very vampy/dark. However when I apply it with a lip brush, it's more of a bolder, deep red shade. Personally, on me I prefer the deep red look, so lip brush application it is.

The staying power of this lipstick is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMINAL. I first apply MAC Prep + Prime, then wait about 5 minutes for it to get sticky. Then I line my lips and then fill them in with MAC Burgundy lip liner. After that, I apply the MAC Diva with my lip brush. It's a beautiful, matte finish (no sheen) but it feels very comfortable - not chalky or dry at all. I can eat, drink, talk, for hours and this stuff DOES NOT come off. I even went so far as to lightly rub my fingers back and forth across my lips a few times to see if it would smear and - no dice. This bugger STAYS PUT. The last time I wear-tested it around the house, I kept it on for about 5 hours and had two meals, a couple glasses of water and a cup of coffee. Still looked exactly the same when I took it off as it did when I applied it. In fact, I use eye makeup remover to get it off (I really like Almay's waterproof/long wear eye makeup remover for this). The eye makeup remover gets it off in a second.

Overall this color is beautiful and the wear is fantastic. It's comfortable on my lips for hours and I don't notice any settling into lines or migrating around my mouth if I use the Prep + Prime and a lipliner. Now I just need to get the courage to wear it out of the house!

Popular Lipsticks