Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 2/17/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I repurchase this product regularly, it's the best mascara base I've tried and also prevents mascara smudging on my lower lids. Expensive but worth it since it's such a great product

on 2/11/2013 9:14:00 PM

This is a great lash primer. The key is to apply mascara immediately and not let the primer dry. Complete primer and mascara one eye at a time.

on 1/28/2013 10:53:00 PM

Jeez, it seems like every time a product gets rave reviews it doesn't work for me. I wanted to love this as Shiseido changed the formula of their base and I no longer care for it. I use a primer for plumping up my lashes since I don't really need extra length. The SA promised this would do the trick. When applied, this base really does make my lashes look lovely and fluffy (too bad it's white!) but as soon as I put on mascara-Hypose Star-my lashes flopped down and looked so sad. As if that weren't bad enough, this base didn't provide any volume, so I had marginally longer, but certainly not thicker, flat lashes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I actually love this product and I have never said that about a primer before. I used to use the origins underwear for lashes which was okay but nothing compared to this stuff. This primer goes on very wet which I actually like because it doesn't create clumps right off the bat like a lot of the thicker primers do, You do not have to wait for it to dry, just put on your mascara as soon as you're done priming. This stuff without question has made my mascara work better. It creates curl, length, volume and makes mascara longer lasting. I am using it with Lancome's hypnose drama and the results are fantastic! I have also tried it with Loreal Voluminous and Benefit They're real and it has made every mascara work even better. It is also the only lash primer that I've ever used that doesn't make my lashes stick together and create more clumps. I would recomend this product to anyone that wants more from their mascara.

on 12/27/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is yet the best product to use if you love mascara! I ran across this product after a hunt of purchasing a really good mascara since the one I love had discontinued (Lancome Fatale). I love very dramatic lashes and after using this formula I seriously can pair this with any mascara, even the drug store ones! It holds curls and makes your lashes thick!!! Once you apply this, you don't have to wait until it dries, you can sweep on your mascara without a mess. I'm Asian and have long thinned eyelashes and I'm so glad I found this. I've also tried other mascara primers and nothing compares to Lancome's quality!

on 12/27/2012 10:09:00 AM

I've been using a sample of this but I will probably not purchase the full-sized one until I've exhausted other options. It gives me good volume and extra length, which helps my little Asian eyelashes a lot but it straightens out my lashes after I curled them. The good thing is that my lashes are still lifted but the bad thing is it doesn't keep the curl that I like when I just use a WP mascara like CG Lash Blast or Maybelline F&S. I also like that it looks like I have a bunch of extra lashes, but not in a clumpy way.

on 12/22/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am generally of the opinion that mascara primers in particular are a waste of money. However, I got sucked into the amazing reviews for this product on the Sephora website (beware) and caved in to the hype.

That said, I am very happy that I caved in on this one. If anyone was going to make a decent - no make that excellent - mascara primer, then it was going to be Lancome.

Lately I have been using a variety of mascaras in an attempt to use up some free samples that I received, and while all of the mascaras by themselves are not to my liking (hello Bobbi Brown), the Lancome Cils Booster improves every single last one of them. Now I am finally pairing it with my favorite mascara and am thrilled with the results (and the compliments I'm getting). It does add volume and length to all of the mascaras I have tried, even those that tend to have very liquid or thin formulas. Also, the white residue (for lack of a better word - I can't think of anything more appetizing) that the Cils Booster leaves behind disappears rapidly, and provides a nice guide for me as I apply my mascara.

I will happily fork over another $20-odd dollars for this product again. It definitely does the job.

I LOVE this primer !!! I tried the Dior one...and it was a big fail for me. But this one...it is the best by far ! It lenghtens and volumize my lashes and make them so beautiful after I apply any other mascara (drugstore). I very like how it works. Try it !

EDIT: Don't use this anymore. Still a good product but too pricey. I don't think it worth its 35 CAD.

on 11/21/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I would definitely buy this again. I use it under any drug store mascara and it makes it look great. It makes such a difference when you prime your lashes.

on 11/21/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lash primer! Paints your lashes white and when you apply mascara, it really makes the color deeper and more intense. I use this with my Estee Lauder Sumptuous and love the combo. No flaking or smudging. HG!