December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Beneboy

From someone who has be a devote user of "Hoola" By Benefit for the past five years, I was DUMB stuck to find something better. This velvety smooth powder can take any puffy face and turn into a sculpted supermodel(haha). As a guy, when I'm growing scruff its great to balance it out if one area is growing more then the other. CAUTION: A LITTLE bit goes a lonnnnnnng way, NO joke! Because of this I could see this lasting for ages...HG Conture!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LexyShaye

I LOVE BLUNT! Does anyone even use this as a blush? lol its the perfect contour color for me (I'm a nc45) but even if you're not darker skin toned, you can use it just have a light hand and blend it out. I've had this for a long time and still haven't even made a dent in it. Its perfect for contouring because it is a matte brown color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bilsy213

I love this for contouring (I am an NC30). I use the MAC 109 brush to apply and blend it. It gives me the perfect contour color. You have to blend it really well or else it will look muddy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by xxchattexx

I am nc 40. i wanted to use this as a contour but it is far too red for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a great alternative to a face contuor. its very pigmented so it will last you forever. use with an angled brush. it will last all day. it is matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by eescobal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

5 LIPPIES!!!!! DEFINITELY, a must have in my make up collection! This matte blush is absolutely gorgeous!!! I use this to contour my face...even for my neck and chest area (hee hee)! It just makes your features more defined...and I just adore this product!!! It also gives you a nice looking "tan" and just makes your skin sun-baked exotic! lol. Make sure you really blend well with this product...otherwise it would look too fake and muddy. I think this suits more for people with medium/dark skin tones...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

c4/c40 w/ yellow undertones and tho i would never use it as a blush...it is awesome for countouring!!! i have tons of bronzers & this is one of my faves...its a very pigmented brown and i use my 169 to contour

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The color doesnít work for me so I havenít really been able to wear this, but overall, Iím giving it a 3Öcanít fault a product into a bad review because I made a mistake about color choice. I had bought Blunt with the intention of it taking the place of MACís Matte Bronze bronzer that has been an HG of mine for over a year, but I hate forking over $21 for it so Iím searching for a less expensive, more bang for the buck alternative to add color and contour.

Well, I love the fact that Blunt is matte, but the color isnít close to that of Matte Bronze. In fact, Blunt has much more of a reddish baseÖ(gosh, I almost want to say there is a little bit of a plum tone to thisÖI especially see it when swatched over an e/s base on the back of my hand). This would work for me if I wanted a sunburned look, but in my paleness, Iím trying to disguise the pink/red in my skin, not accentuate it.

Iím quite pale, nw20ish, but am pretty good at applying lightly and blending, so the dark tone and deep pigmentation of Blunt isnít the problem, itís the fact that Blunt appears reddish on my pale skin. I can see this as HG material for girls that are a different color than me. Donít let the deep color scare you off, find the right tool for you (a stippling brush or an ultra light hand with a blush brush) and blend away.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by carissarose

I bought this because I needed a compact contour color and Kandee Johnson used it for her cheeks. I decided to give it a try and I liked it at first...but it's just a little too on the red side for me. This also broke me out. I bought this, Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and some blushes and like clockwork I broke out within a few days of using these. I know it's because of MAC's powders because my regimen keeps my skin under control but these just made my skin break out like crazy, but now how I usually break out. I don't ever get those big, deep, painful 'activities' on my face, EVER, very rarely, but when I started using this plus my MSFN my chin, cheeks and sides of my face was a mess. I probably would have kept this if it didn't break me out, even though it's not the best color for me, I did like it, but this just gave me more of a reason to return it. I got Benefit's Hoola instead and I'm much happier with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by AdBubble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC's blunt is a muted golden brown powder blush. I have NC43 skin tone and used this blush in two ways. One of the ways is for contouring and the second is a bronzer. It's perfect for both because of it's matte texture. When I use it for contouring, I use a bit of Nars Lovejoy at the apples of my cheeks. My only gripe with the product is I wish the consistency was as smooth a Nars.