NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love the colour & the consistency. It is quite sheer but that is what I was looking for. I think this one is my favourite for day to day wear.

on 2/14/2012 10:54:00 PM

This may be my all time favorite lipstick. The formula is a cross between a lipstick and a gloss, so you get a glossy yet decently pigmented color. Sheer dusty rose (shade description from the Nars website) is actually a pretty perfect color description. This is a shade that you can slap on without any fuss and it goes with ANY look that you do. It is the perfect complement to dramatic eye looks, because it can work as a nude lip that doesn't make you look washed out (if you're like me, and have pigmented lips, you know what I'm talking about!) It is also superb for daytime or office looks, because it is polished and sophisticated without looking overdone. This is the perfect no-fuss, no-muss lipstick that always looks good and always works. Definite must-have and this will be an absolutely permanent staple in my makeup bag for life.

on 2/11/2012 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

great lipstick,
it has a very sheer coverage
very moisturizing
great packaging!

highly recommended!

on 12/31/2011 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my hg mlbb lipstick, my go to on an almost daily basis despite my large stash of other ls and glosses. Its so pretty - a sheer rosy glossy color and it feels like a buttery cushion going on my lips. I love the smell which to me is like froot loops cereal-lol. Ive tried other NARS lipsticks but none work for me as well as this one so I will definitely repurchase soon since this tube is almost done.

on 12/20/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just say i love this lipstic..........................

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the lipstick I gravitate towards when I don't want to add color and don't want to look glossy. Dolce Vita barely shows up on my lips (NC42) but it provides some sheen and enough moisture. It's a bit pricey considering that I use it like a glorified lip balm, but I wanted to try it given all the glowing reviews.

on 11/4/2011 12:15:00 PM

I feel like some acronyms on MUA are grossly overused. "PPP" is often used to describe anyone who just isn't tan, and HG, meaning "HOLY GRAIL," as in, the ULTIMATE beauty product, is often thrown around with reservations.

I can say this is honestly my MLBB HG. I was wary after trying the gloss, since I much prefer gloss to lipstick I got the gloss first, but it turned a weird terra-cotta color on me. I tried the l/s in the store, and was wary again because I always use gloss and not l/s, but this is smooth, moisturizing, and not too dramatic. I feel it polishes my face, and I love to wear it at work because I feel it lends a more sophisticated look when placed against tons of girls my age slathering on Turkish Delight l/g and MAC C-Thru.

This l/s can be applied without a mirror, which is another plus for ladies who prefer gloss. All women need a basic, polished neutral lip in their MU collection, and this is a great option.

on 10/25/2011 1:10:00 PM

Sometimes you neglect to review something because it is such a staple that you overlook it. Such is the case with this lipstick. When I bought this, I wanted a lipstick that was subtle, lacked shimmer, and could be applied without a mirror. This hits my criteria and then some. It is quietly build-able and works with a number of various lip pencils to create slightly different looks. It's also a joy to wear - moisturizing and pigmented. I don't feel a need to apply lip balm before wearing this. The only con with this (yet I keep my rating at a 5 out of 5) is that it isn't the longest wearing lipstick. I think there's a bit of trade-off due to the fact that it is so moisturizing. I'd rather have to reapply more often than have it dry out my lips. At the end of the day, this is my perfect, everyday lip color. The one that is ALWAYS in my purse.

on 10/16/2011 9:56:00 PM

This color is a rosy, very natural looking MLBB. It has that same froot loopy smell as all NARS lipsticks. It's semi-sheer and somewhat moisturizing. I also like to use it as a cream blush for a glowing, natural look. Highly recommended.

on 10/16/2011 9:32:00 PM

I'm halfway thru the tube, and my love for this product hasn't diminished. It's DEFINITELY My Lips But Better. It would get 5 lippjes if it had a bit more staying power. Love this stuff and plan never to be without it. I would say more, but I'm just piling on the lovefest for this product.

Popular Lipsticks