April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

I decided to buy this because everyone at youtube would say it was a great eyeliner so i decided to try it myself. It is an okay eyeliner, but i didnt like it alot. First, because the felt tip is so hard not flexible at all. Secondly, it is not colorstay at all the liner smears terribly and when i wash it off , my face turns black all over. (Dont ever cry with this liner on,hold it in or something, because it would just run down your cheeks and your gunna have black tears and black cheeks, it makes a huge mess )

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Betto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I got this in Brown or Dark Brown. The pigmentation was very good, so was the staying power. The color was nice too, a medium-deep brown as opposed to the very deep brown or black-brown shades that other "brown" liquid eyeliners have turned out to be.

However, too much product gets on the tip, making it difficult to draw a thin line. And the most annoying part was the "hair" or fiber that developed, like, after 1 one use! Even though I removed it I kept seeing new, quite long "hairs", which makes drawing a clean line impossible. Removing the small strands also stained my hands with ink. A mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Pebleyy22

Ive used this eyeliner for forever.
When i switched eyeliners, they just never seemed to work as well.
This brand is great and it goes on so smooth and easily. I don't ever switch my eyeliner anymore because this is just perfect for me. My friend uses it too and loves it. I would defiantly recommend it. Good price, nice packaging, and works perfectly to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by puffinrose

Holy heck-I wanted to love this. I am a Revlon girl at heart. As of late I have been on an eyeliner search after realizing my ELF was just not up to par. L'oreal flaked horribly, Milani felt like placing roof tar- I thought for sure Revlon would be my HG though (had a problem buying it as it was always OOS).

I used UDPP and set it with powder but it was of no use, after 3 hours I looked like a Racoon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by sha2702

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my third liquid liner and i TOTALLY LOVE IT !!!
The color is solid black & really FAST dry !!!
But when the first time i using this liner, the brush-marker type make it little difficult to use especially if i want to make a thin liner. I really have to be careful and do it slowly. But after 3-4 times, i'm getting usual to apply this liner.
Nice one, Revlon !!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Dana181

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(I have oily Asian lids)

Pigmentation (For Black Brown and Black): 5/5 (Much more black than Maybelline's Line Stiletto Liquid Liner in Blackest Black)

Staying Power: 4/5 Smudged after lunchtime and definitely smudges after a nap, lol. Will not repurchase because of that.

Precision: 5/5 I love the pointed tip

Packaging: 5/5 The cap screws on securely and it's small enough to take with me

It stung on my first two applications, but for some reason after that, I didn't feel a thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I am mixed on this eyeliner. I use the dark brown and the color is perfect and application is easy, however I use it to line my upper lid but not for my water line, as it smudges/runs not long after applying it and I have to keep cleaning the dark from under my eyes. So good for upper eyeliner but not lower in my opinion. The best eyeliner for not smudging that I have found is urban decays 24/7 pencil but its pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my HOLY GRAIL of eyeliner...It's perfect for the cat eye/winged look...because of how much control it allows you to have...The tip is stiff and allows you to make perfect precise lines...thick OR thin... It's matte and REALLY dark/black...I've tried SO many other liquid liners and I always hate them because this is so much more superior. I'll be using this product my whole life. Also, it doesn't smudge or come off the whole day. I use this at like 8 AM and come home at around 5 and it doesn't budge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lizardfield

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite liquid liner. I see some people have beef with the felt applicator but I love it. I use the skinny tip to basically draw an outline and then use the side to fill it in. It makes for really quick application. It's really opaque too which is the biggest problem I've had with other liquid liners. I do remember once when I stored it for travel the top broke so the product dried out. An understandable incident, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by stylt

I have this product in two shades: Blackest Black and Black Brown. My Blackest Black one is the JAPANESE FORMULATION (which I believe is different from the American one) and my Black Brown is the AMERICAN FORMULATION. Because I have noticed differences in them, I will treat them separately in this review.

Blackest Black (the Asian one) is hands-down my HG liquid liner. It is super pigmented, absolutely smudgeproof (on my REALLY oily lids, which is a pretty big deal since I haven't found any other liner which can do that), lasts all day, and washes off easily with water. It has a 'flocked tip' which is more flexible than the felt-tip of the American one, and is more like a pointed sponge than a brush/felt tip. The fact that it's a sponge makes it a bit harder to use since it flops around a bit more than the felt tip, but is still much easier to use than a brush.

Black Brown (the American one) used to be working great for me but lately it's starting to act a bit strangely. First off, it has the felt-tip which is nice and firm, and I LOVE it -- so easy to use and so handy. Initially, the black-brown color comes out super pigmented and was smudgeproof but still washable with water, giving a really nice natural finish. But lately, I don't know what's going on with it but it just suddenly became really sheer. I've tried shaking it prior to using it but it still comes off as more a tint when I apply it than actual color. I think it might be getting old or something, but I'm a bit peeved seeing as I still have a lot of product left, and haven't even had it for that long.

So in a nutshell, the Asian version has a harder to use applicator (entirely dependent on how flexible you like your applicators to be, though) , but the product is far superior to the American version. Nonetheless, both versions have a relatively easy to use applicator, and a formulation that is both easily washable, yet smudgeproof, which makes them great eyeliners in my book!