August 28, 2014 | 1078 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xmermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably my favourite every day mascara. It has good staying power, yet comes off easily at the end of day. Looks incredibly natural, I've had numerous people tell me I have nice "eyelashes" because they don't realize I'm wearing mascara and think I'm naturally blessed. The packaging is simple and sleek. Weirdly, I find the formulation is not "glossy" but quite dry and matte. Would repurchase.

Also, can people stop complaining that this is too "natural" looking? It has the word natural in the name, what did you expect?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE! I got a sample of this about 8 years ago and never go so many compliments on my eyelashes. Since then, I have never looked back. I can't imagine how many tubes of this stuff I've been through since then. I buy it in Jet Black.

The formular is smooth and not drying. It goes on easily and evenly without leaving clumps or sticking lashes together. It adds a little volume but mostly coats lashes in colour from root to tip for people like me with long lashes with blonde tips. Best of all, this is the greatest mascara to use with heated curling wands. Other formulas 'melt' and stick lashes together. This mascara sets and holds the curl beautifully to make it look like I have the most fluttery natural lashes.

Easy to put on with a fuss free brush and comes of easily at the end of the day with water and a quick swipe of a cloth. Doesn't flake into my eyes and causes irritation either.

I will always have a tube of this in my makeup kit!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! I adore this mascara! It gives me exactly what I want: simple, natural, black lashes. You almost can't tell that I'm wearing mascara, but my lashes are a little bit darker, fuller and longer. There's no clumping, smudging or flaking. Easy to remove. Sleek, mature packaging unlike lots of other mascaras (grrrr i'm looking at you cover girl). Aaaannnnd holy crap it's only $10! Seriously, this stuff is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for years and it's still my favourite. My beauty blessings are humble and few, but the one thing I WAS gifted with was naturally long, black and thick glossy lashes which require very little help in the way of lengthening or thickening, this actually makes it quite tricky finding a simple mascara and I went through quite a few which made me look like I was experimenting with dead spiders before I happened on this one!

The wand is nice and the packaging is pretty sleek. I am hygiene conscious about mascara and only keep mine for 6 months (regardless of what the manufacturers say) so if I could have a wish granted I'd love it if the product could be slightly smaller and also (therefore) slightly cheaper.

If you are looking for something which will turn short thin lashes into long thick and glossy ones - this won't cut the mustard, but if you already have fairly decent lashes and just want to give them a coat of colour and gloss - then this is just the job!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pinksmoothielover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I have blonde lashes and this mascara made them look naturally dark and defined! I got this in jet brown, being afraid that jet black may be too harsh, I must say this is an amazing mascara. The formula just glides on and is great and not over the top for everyday. Def. will re-buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this last year as my eyes had had too much sun and my usual mascara irritated them...this one did nothing whatsoever for my lashes as the brush isn't fat.
The formula is good as I tried it with a clean brush from the Dior counter but with this little brush, my lashes were not impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Silvia8329

I am a contact lens wearer and most eye makeup irritates my eyes. This irritates too but not nearly as much as other products so it is something I will continue to use since it is the one of the few less irritating eye products I've found.

It is a thin consistency which I like because I hate clumpy mascara. It coats the lashes nicely and makes them darker. If you are looking to make your lashes thicker, this isn't the product for you. If you have sensitive eyes and want to make your lashes stand out, this is a good product to try.

Tha packaging is nice, the cost is on par with other department store makeup. I prefer less expensive drugstore brand wonders but so far there aren't any like this one that I've found.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big Clinique fan, but decided to give this mascara a try after reading the reviews here. So glad I did because this is exactly what I was looking for in a mascara--no clumping, flaking, and just natural-looking pretty lashes.

At 52 years old, less is becoming more where makeup, particularly eye makeup, is concerned. What used to work for me can now look rather harsh and overly made up--not attractive! I probably wouldn't have liked this mascara 20 to 30 years ago because it doesn't increase volume or anything like that, but it's perfect for me now. The price is pretty reasonable too compared to some mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've probably gone through more tubes of this than any other mascara, since it was one of my staples in my teens and early 20's. It really is good for sensitive eyes, I like the natural finish and the easy, clump-free application. Later I experimented more with volumizing, lengthening etc and somehow didn't use this for years. For the last 4-5 years I've mostly used tubing mascaras. I bought this largely out of nostalgia a few months ago and it goes on nicely and looks pretty - with one layer it's a very natural look but I can build some volume with more layers without lashes sticking together or looking spidery. However, I can't believe I wore this for so long - it smudges TERRIBLY on me. I probably rub my eyes more than most due to allergies and I often use some pretty greasy moisturizers, including around the eye area, so this sort of mascara just doesn't cut it at all. Within 3-4 hours, at most, it's a smudgy mess. Maybe I've just been spoilt by tubing mascaras which stay put no matter what - but I just can't be bothered with carrying around materials for clean-up and reapplication. Clearly there was a reason I strayed from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara to mankind. It lasts all day. I wear it in black (real colour and glossy and. it brings out my blue eyes. It's evenn better than the drugstores oneslike Maybelline GreatLash and Maybelline Falsies. this mascara is not clumpy or smudgy