October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

Most mascaras I've used (I'm looking at you Maybelline!) cause my eyes to sting, burn and get puffy by the end of the day. If they don't burn my eyes, they flake or smudge or both. Naturally Glossy gives my fairly long, curly lashes just enough color and volume without giving me those weird black smudges on my lids where the tips of my lashes hit. Also, there's absolutely NO flaking or eye irritation! I have bought probably 4 tubes of this little gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in "jet black" & "jet brown". Gives a pretty, natural look. Enhances your natural assets without giving that horrendous spikey, gloopy, spider-legs look that seems to be popular at the moment and no irritation.

I wouldn't advise this for people who want a 'false lash' look, or want the big lashes, but if you want a sophisticated natural, work-friendly look, this is the one.

I am a fan of the sleek, tasteful, subtle packaging. No gaudy plastic here (hello Maybelline).

This product would get the extra lipstick if it was a teeny bit cheaper. I know it is cheap compared to Lancome/Chanel/Dior etc but it galls me to pay 17+ ($27!) here in the UK when it is $15 USD, so I tend to stock up when in the States.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xmermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably my favourite every day mascara. It has good staying power, yet comes off easily at the end of day. Looks incredibly natural, I've had numerous people tell me I have nice "eyelashes" because they don't realize I'm wearing mascara and think I'm naturally blessed. The packaging is simple and sleek. Weirdly, I find the formulation is not "glossy" but quite dry and matte. Would repurchase.

Also, can people stop complaining that this is too "natural" looking? It has the word natural in the name, what did you expect?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE! I got a sample of this about 8 years ago and never go so many compliments on my eyelashes. Since then, I have never looked back. I can't imagine how many tubes of this stuff I've been through since then. I buy it in Jet Black.

The formular is smooth and not drying. It goes on easily and evenly without leaving clumps or sticking lashes together. It adds a little volume but mostly coats lashes in colour from root to tip for people like me with long lashes with blonde tips. Best of all, this is the greatest mascara to use with heated curling wands. Other formulas 'melt' and stick lashes together. This mascara sets and holds the curl beautifully to make it look like I have the most fluttery natural lashes.

Easy to put on with a fuss free brush and comes of easily at the end of the day with water and a quick swipe of a cloth. Doesn't flake into my eyes and causes irritation either.

I will always have a tube of this in my makeup kit!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! I adore this mascara! It gives me exactly what I want: simple, natural, black lashes. You almost can't tell that I'm wearing mascara, but my lashes are a little bit darker, fuller and longer. There's no clumping, smudging or flaking. Easy to remove. Sleek, mature packaging unlike lots of other mascaras (grrrr i'm looking at you cover girl). Aaaannnnd holy crap it's only $10! Seriously, this stuff is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for years and it's still my favourite. My beauty blessings are humble and few, but the one thing I WAS gifted with was naturally long, black and thick glossy lashes which require very little help in the way of lengthening or thickening, this actually makes it quite tricky finding a simple mascara and I went through quite a few which made me look like I was experimenting with dead spiders before I happened on this one!

The wand is nice and the packaging is pretty sleek. I am hygiene conscious about mascara and only keep mine for 6 months (regardless of what the manufacturers say) so if I could have a wish granted I'd love it if the product could be slightly smaller and also (therefore) slightly cheaper.

If you are looking for something which will turn short thin lashes into long thick and glossy ones - this won't cut the mustard, but if you already have fairly decent lashes and just want to give them a coat of colour and gloss - then this is just the job!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pinksmoothielover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I have blonde lashes and this mascara made them look naturally dark and defined! I got this in jet brown, being afraid that jet black may be too harsh, I must say this is an amazing mascara. The formula just glides on and is great and not over the top for everyday. Def. will re-buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this last year as my eyes had had too much sun and my usual mascara irritated them...this one did nothing whatsoever for my lashes as the brush isn't fat.
The formula is good as I tried it with a clean brush from the Dior counter but with this little brush, my lashes were not impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Silvia8329

I am a contact lens wearer and most eye makeup irritates my eyes. This irritates too but not nearly as much as other products so it is something I will continue to use since it is the one of the few less irritating eye products I've found.

It is a thin consistency which I like because I hate clumpy mascara. It coats the lashes nicely and makes them darker. If you are looking to make your lashes thicker, this isn't the product for you. If you have sensitive eyes and want to make your lashes stand out, this is a good product to try.

Tha packaging is nice, the cost is on par with other department store makeup. I prefer less expensive drugstore brand wonders but so far there aren't any like this one that I've found.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big Clinique fan, but decided to give this mascara a try after reading the reviews here. So glad I did because this is exactly what I was looking for in a mascara--no clumping, flaking, and just natural-looking pretty lashes.

At 52 years old, less is becoming more where makeup, particularly eye makeup, is concerned. What used to work for me can now look rather harsh and overly made up--not attractive! I probably wouldn't have liked this mascara 20 to 30 years ago because it doesn't increase volume or anything like that, but it's perfect for me now. The price is pretty reasonable too compared to some mascaras.