Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 6/29/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such an amazing toner for oily skin. It definitely diminished my breakouts and kept my face less oily for longer. The only down is the smell, but this stuff works, so I deal with it :)

This is for the original yellow formula: I have replaced all other astringents with this witch hazel, and my skin loves it! It helps keep my skin clear, and reduces oil production. I also use it to tend to ingrown bikini line hairs, reduce itchiness from bug bites, and the occasional back breakout. Great product overall!

on 6/23/2014 3:40:00 PM

This product is so amazing at such an affordable price. I was looking for a simple, gentle, and effective toner and this toner fit the bill. My skin is acne-prone and sensitive. I usually have trouble implementing new products into my skincare routine because my skin goes haywire and starts developing closed comedones and whiteheads all over. I had no problem with this toner, it got rid of any makeup and face wash residue that was left over on my skin and balanced it out. My skin has improved since using this toner and I have less redness on my cheeks since it's so calming and I also have not been getting much whiteheads. Love this stuff.

The only downside is the smell was a bit strong the first few times I used it but I got used to it and don't smell anything anymore.

on 6/23/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I think witch hazel is a good mult-use product, but in terms of acne skin care which is what I'm mainly reviewing it for it just doesn't work for me. I've tried this brand and others, some that are alcohol free and they really don't help my skin. I also try to just use it to spot clean where I've broken out and it does nothing. I so wish it helped my acne prone skin because it is so cheap and a simple product. I'm sure for some it likely works well. The upside is if you buy it to try, it's not expensive and if it doesn't work on your face you can use it for other areas of the body. Not to be graphic here, but my rectal skin gets very irritated and witch hazel works well to calm that. And, if you look at any hemmoroid product, such as Tucks you'll see witch hazel is a key ingredient. You can also use it to clean makeup brushes. I use it to freshen my finger and toe nails since I don't use nail polish. However, it's not a product I would make sure I always have.

EDIT/UPDATE 6/6/15: After having an experience where the only thing I had to use for an unexpected pimple was this product, I've changed my opinion as to the usefulness of this for occasional acne. The secret I found was to wet a cotton round with witch hazel and hold it against the pimple like a compress. It reduces swelling and after a day or so dries up the pimple somewhat. It dries it up quicker if you've picked at the pimple, which as much as I try to avoid doing because it's bad to do I still sometimes can't help myself. Especially if the pimple is painful and swollen. Enter witch hazel which really did come to my rescue when I had nothing else to use. Now, if I want to use it to refresh my facial skin I wet the cotton round first,then add some witch hazel so that it is diluted and gently swipe over my skin. I don't actually wash my face every day. I don't even use water on it every day, but will do this 1-2 x per week to refresh my skin. After 45 years, I have found for my skin a less is more, hands off approach works best for me. I use a wet cotton round to clean the skin on my eyes daily, as I suffer from dry eyes. I only use a moisturizer as needed. Therefore, I now consider witch hazel a necessity product. And, I still use for the purposes listed above. It's a good, simple product that has many uses.

on 6/23/2014 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

simply wonderful with no problems went from oily to combination in 1 year.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff! Not only is it just overall super good for your skin, but it compliments every skin type and it definitely cures any acne or imperfections. My skin definitely feels more plump and hydrated after using this, unlike a lot of the alcohol based toners I have tried in the past. This is a bit pricey in comparison to some other cheaper alternatives but it definitely performs better then anything I have ever used before. This is forever a staple in my skin care routine!

on 6/23/2014 3:15:00 AM

I use it right after shower to remove shower water residue. Before using it all that Prozac, Adderall and god knows what else in water were making my skin look pretty bad. Great improvement since I started using it some 3 years ago. Some of the below commenters complain about packaging. Put some in small spray bottle. And no cotton balls. They're not user friendly at all and of not good quality these days, just like everything else. 6 sprays on Shiseido facial cotton are enough for face, neck, chest, back of the neck and ears.

on 6/23/2014 12:38:00 AM

I tried the oil cleansing method (OCM), which broke my skin out horribly so I stopped using it. It left me with zits and whiteheads literally everywhere on my face. My grandma recommended this to me, and after I used it, the texture of my skin improved so much!! My family even noticed. The whiteheads were gone and my pimples were already healing and looked much less red and irritated. Best of all, this didn't dry my skin out but it actually felt more hydrated! I love love love this and will definitely recommend to friends. :)

on 6/8/2014 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

This is one of my HG products i use daily. Before applying my foundation i spritz this onto a esthetic pad and wipe my whole face to cleanse before ANY makeup. I also use this to set my under eye concealer since it always tends to look cakey under there. I apply my liquid/cream concealer first and then use a "beauty blender" of any kind with whatever powder I'm using under my eyes that day and spritz it about 5 times until the powder is saturated in the blender and tap and roll it under my eyes. i LOVE IT. also in a pinch it makes a great setting spray to keep from looking powdery but yet perfectly dewy. I recommend this product to everyone! i love my high end products but if i can get something at a steal, i tend to brag about them more :). You can buy at any drug store, walmart, target and usually there will be spray bottles in the travel isle, grab a couple. you won't be disappointed!

on 6/8/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've Been Struggling With Very Oily Skin And Saw A Famous YouTube Blogger Saying It Was Great For Oily Skin I Went To My Near By Walgreens And So Far I Love It 👌 Leaves My Skin Feeling Soft And Baby Smooth . It Controls My Oil Massively , However The Way The Package Is When Applying To A Cotton Ball Sometimes It Can Just Squirt But Overall A Great Affordable Toner .

Popular Face Skincare Products