November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mask is awesome. i used it last night and my face feels better than it has in a while this morning when i woke up. the fragrance was nice also. i love mint julep

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is mask is great. its so refreshing and rejuvinating. after a long hard day i love to put it on and i feel so clean and refreshed when i take it off. i wouldnt choose any other product. great job. oh and it smells great

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by behemottka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is horrible. I know that it feels tightening, but trust me, this mask will ruin your skin. Just go for a clay mask - it's even cheaper and PROVEN to be beneficial for your skin. As for this Queen Helene gimmick - mint it an irritant. This mask affects the lipid barrier of your skin, ergo it's just plain bad for you. As for me - it makes me cry, quite literally, it irritates my skin AND my eyes (and no, I don't put it near the eye area)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Monserrate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This masque has been amazing for me so far. I'm absolutely in love with it!!!!!! ♡♥♡♥It's a thick green masque that's smells super minty. I was extremely skeptical at first because it's super cheap. It's only about $4-$5 and the claims the product makes seem too good to be true. I've used many masques and this by far is one of the best. It definitely does help dry up acne but if you decide to purchase this masque make sure you wear a moisturizer. It is a drying formula. My acne is clearing up and I know for a fact that this masque is helping. Opps... I almost forgot to mention that when I first applied this masque it did burn and I had the urge to take it off right away. But I didn't because I thought it was definitely worth a try. Thumbs up if you'd like to see before and after pics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WHAT IS THIS *!@&%$ WIZARDRY?!?! I AM IN LOVE. HG!!!

That in and of itself, is not a particularly helpful review however, so:
I bought this mask after reading so many positive reviews, and I must say, it didn't let me down. The mask is gorgeously creamy and spreads easily, and has a pleasant mild mint smell.
I applied to a freshly cleaned face, and glancing in the mirror before settling down to watch some tv as it dried, I actually saw pinhead dark spots emerge in the mask - I couldn't believe what I was seeing - the gunk literally coming out of my pores before my eyes.
As the mask dried, it gave my skin an ever so slight tingling tight feeling, not unusual with masks, and not uncomfortable in the slightest. I gently washed the mask off in warm water, and was surprised by the feeling of my skin - I was a bit worried because my skin felt incredibly dry to the touch - not tight or flaky, but almost too "squeaky clean". I went on to apply a toner and moisturiser and went to bed, thinking no more of it.
The next morning, I awoke to my skin being in the most beautiful state I've seen it in in a long time: velvety soft, moisturised, much clearer and more even tone, and shrunken pores - just soft and firm and glowing, I SWEAR even some of my fine lines were minimised. I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a skincare product in my life...

Fantastic that such a reasonably priced product using natural ingredients can give such a noticeably good result. HG beyond a doubt - I've never used anything so effective - I will repurchase until it's no longer made!!!

*NOTE* (For reference: my skin is incredibly dry with small hormonal breakouts on my nose, chin, and cheeks, and enlarged pores and blackheads on my nose. I can't speak to the masks effectiveness on sensitive, oily, or more acne prone skin...)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

For the price, this stuff is really good! It's light and creamy, not clay-like at all. It dries quickly and is easy to remove, unlike some other clay masks. It includes 3 things I was looking for in a mask - kaolin, bentonite and sulfur - and these are all helpful at removing impurities and excess oil. The smell is like spearmint gum, which isn't my favorite, but it's not horrible. This product has been around for a long time, probably because it's so simple and it works. The price is CHEAP and the tube is perfect packaging. I've never experienced any discomfort or irritation from this mask, just a cooling sensation from the mint.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SallyGalApril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at a Sally Beauty Supply and my coworkers raved and hyped up this product. So, I decided to try it out for myself. And oh my goodness, this mask is amazing. My only issue is that I'm not a fan of the smell. I don't even like the smell of 'fresh mint' gum. I'm just not a 'mint' person. I know, I'm weird. But I definitely pushed past it & the results are absolutely fabulous. Your skin will be super clear and clean the next morning. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Lilypily93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! I've found a mud mask that actually does something. This is so amazing. I use it before using my Avene mask. It is INCREDIBLE! Dries out all my little impurities and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is beautiful and clean. I can't stop staring at my skin when I've used this. I get the close up mirror and just admire it. Only thing is, I live in Australia and have to get it shipped from overseas with usually takes about 6 weeks :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So first off, I was a total skeptic reading all of the rave reviews about this product. I mean, who wouldn't be skeptical hearing that a $5 mask cleared their acne. And I tend to find that I don't usually find things as great as other people seem to. But after using this on a consistent basis for over two weeks, I can say that this product deserves the hype. Adding this mask into my skincare routine is the only thing I have changed, and this is the best my skin has looked in as long as I can remember. I used it twice the first week and it definitely cleared the existing acne that I had. The only new breakouts I have had since using this were from me stupidly leaving my makeup on over night. And to clear up those spots, I actually left this mask on overnight just to see how well it dried out the few spots. They were next to nothing when I woke up. Honestly this stuff works wonders. My skin is smoother and clearer and I've even cut concealer out of my makeup routine. At such a cheap price, you really have nothing to lose by trying this. Don't expect miracles after one application. Just use it consistently and it will work it's magic. So impressed with this and I'm beating myself up over not trying it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The BEST face mask ever invented! Cheap, cleans out pores, shrinks pores, give a glow, evens out skin tone and dries up pimples.