December 18, 2014 | 1412 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

I have used this stuff for about 10 years. It's wonderful for my combination skin. It doesnt over strip my skin, like a lot of products out there aimed at combo skin have. It has worked wonders during Aunt Flo's visit, and the breakouts that tend to come with. It's been a weekly staple ever since I stumbled across it in Sally's. I use this once or twice a week, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and looking great. I will always have this in my cabinet, for the price it really does deliver!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask really is nice! My skin feels so refreshing afterwards! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone who suffers with oily skin and breakouts, pick this bad boy up! I bought this for four bucks at walmart and a week later was at family dollar and saw this for cheaper, little more than three bucks. Have you seen how big this bottle is?! This will definitely dry up before I get to finish it lol! I try to use it every 4 days since I have the oiliest skin ever and this is a mask that is going to pull out all the impurities and things like that so when you break out the next morning, its working! Now that the pimples are at the surface, you can continue your skincare routine of moisturizer and cleanser and all that. I had three huge breakouts after using this all close together on my right cheek and they kept getting smaller until they dried completely and disappeared. I was so impressed! It says to keep it on for 15 minutes but I leave it on for hours sometimes. I dont think it makes a difference or not, i just get lazy sometimes hahah. For the cheap price this is such a gem! The packaging doesnt bother me, I like it. The morning after, my face feel soo soft. For pores, I wouldn't know, my pores are not that visible, only sometimes on my cheeks but my pores look clean and tight. Love it love it pick it up ladies & gents (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mask is awesome. i used it last night and my face feels better than it has in a while this morning when i woke up. the fragrance was nice also. i love mint julep

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is mask is great. its so refreshing and rejuvinating. after a long hard day i love to put it on and i feel so clean and refreshed when i take it off. i wouldnt choose any other product. great job. oh and it smells great

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by behemottka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is horrible. I know that it feels tightening, but trust me, this mask will ruin your skin. Just go for a clay mask - it's even cheaper and PROVEN to be beneficial for your skin. As for this Queen Helene gimmick - mint it an irritant. This mask affects the lipid barrier of your skin, ergo it's just plain bad for you. As for me - it makes me cry, quite literally, it irritates my skin AND my eyes (and no, I don't put it near the eye area)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Monserrate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This masque has been amazing for me so far. I'm absolutely in love with it!!!!!! ♡♥♡♥It's a thick green masque that's smells super minty. I was extremely skeptical at first because it's super cheap. It's only about $4-$5 and the claims the product makes seem too good to be true. I've used many masques and this by far is one of the best. It definitely does help dry up acne but if you decide to purchase this masque make sure you wear a moisturizer. It is a drying formula. My acne is clearing up and I know for a fact that this masque is helping. Opps... I almost forgot to mention that when I first applied this masque it did burn and I had the urge to take it off right away. But I didn't because I thought it was definitely worth a try. Thumbs up if you'd like to see before and after pics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WHAT IS THIS *!@&%$ WIZARDRY?!?! I AM IN LOVE. HG!!!

That in and of itself, is not a particularly helpful review however, so:
I bought this mask after reading so many positive reviews, and I must say, it didn't let me down. The mask is gorgeously creamy and spreads easily, and has a pleasant mild mint smell.
I applied to a freshly cleaned face, and glancing in the mirror before settling down to watch some tv as it dried, I actually saw pinhead dark spots emerge in the mask - I couldn't believe what I was seeing - the gunk literally coming out of my pores before my eyes.
As the mask dried, it gave my skin an ever so slight tingling tight feeling, not unusual with masks, and not uncomfortable in the slightest. I gently washed the mask off in warm water, and was surprised by the feeling of my skin - I was a bit worried because my skin felt incredibly dry to the touch - not tight or flaky, but almost too "squeaky clean". I went on to apply a toner and moisturiser and went to bed, thinking no more of it.
The next morning, I awoke to my skin being in the most beautiful state I've seen it in in a long time: velvety soft, moisturised, much clearer and more even tone, and shrunken pores - just soft and firm and glowing, I SWEAR even some of my fine lines were minimised. I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a skincare product in my life...

Fantastic that such a reasonably priced product using natural ingredients can give such a noticeably good result. HG beyond a doubt - I've never used anything so effective - I will repurchase until it's no longer made!!!

*NOTE* (For reference: my skin is incredibly dry with small hormonal breakouts on my nose, chin, and cheeks, and enlarged pores and blackheads on my nose. I can't speak to the masks effectiveness on sensitive, oily, or more acne prone skin...)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

For the price, this stuff is really good! It's light and creamy, not clay-like at all. It dries quickly and is easy to remove, unlike some other clay masks. It includes 3 things I was looking for in a mask - kaolin, bentonite and sulfur - and these are all helpful at removing impurities and excess oil. The smell is like spearmint gum, which isn't my favorite, but it's not horrible. This product has been around for a long time, probably because it's so simple and it works. The price is CHEAP and the tube is perfect packaging. I've never experienced any discomfort or irritation from this mask, just a cooling sensation from the mint.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SallyGalApril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at a Sally Beauty Supply and my coworkers raved and hyped up this product. So, I decided to try it out for myself. And oh my goodness, this mask is amazing. My only issue is that I'm not a fan of the smell. I don't even like the smell of 'fresh mint' gum. I'm just not a 'mint' person. I know, I'm weird. But I definitely pushed past it & the results are absolutely fabulous. Your skin will be super clear and clean the next morning. Try it out!