BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 5/4/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really disappointed in this product. While it does color correct my dark eyelids, it has zero primer-power in it -- my shadow creases or completely dissapears and within a couple hours, even the color correction is gone.

The formula is also rather dry - and not at all silky.

What a let-down.

on 4/27/2012 10:16:00 AM

This is an awful product! So dissapointing as I love most other Benefit items especially the cheek stains! This makes eyeshadow crease and goes on with no color to speak of and does not brighten the eye area. Would not recommend or purchase again...Would not even give this one away since it doesnt work!

on 4/27/2012 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this should have been called 'eye brightener' because that's all it does. it makes my eye shadow crease! i hope Benefit will re-formulate an eye primer that actually works and worth its high price tag!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have this (in the newer packaging) and it has its uses. I dont agree with its advertising as a primer for eyelids as i find it makes my eyeshadow slide everywhere instead of sticking! Anyhow, I do love this for erasing redness on my face (usually on my chin where i normally get blemishes!!). It competely wipes out the red tones which i find helps my confidence! I have had it for about 2-3 years and havnt even hit the pan yet so its lasting forever. This product is not dupe-able! Is it worth the price? Maybe. Its lasgting forever so seems like a good investment!

As i'm reading some of the comments some of them are a little off.......THIS IS A PRIMER, not a concealer. I use this under my eyes to cancel out my dark circles and as a primer on my lid. I dont use this as my everyday primer becuase its so yellow it changes the color of your eyeshadow.....so i think this would be an amazing primer for the people who dont wear a whole lot of makeup and wear like mascara and maybe a nude eyeshadow. If youre just gonna do some errands this is awesome becuase It will brighten up your eye area, but it wouldn't change the color of a nude eyeshadow( like UD's NAKED)...So i say....swipe on some mascara...brush on some powder...pat on some concealer.....put on some lemonade and nude eyeshadow and GO!:)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Well, I'm not overly impressed with this. I feel like I get a better result with just a regular stick concealer of any type. It's creamy, so I guess it has some moisturizing properties which is good, but I think it's pretty near useless to be honest. It doesn't work very well as a primer, doesn't work very well as a concealer to conceal redness, doesn't especially help to make my eyeshadow pop. Not a total waste of money exactly but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, either.

on 3/31/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 3 years. The application does take getting used to. DO NOT over apply, and smooth onto the eyelids "quickly"/ consistently so its even.
SIDENOTE: My Lemon Aid has lasted me about 15months so even though it isn't cheap, a little goes a long way

PROS
- brightens eye
- great coverage
- small container + mirror
- it has never creased for me...

CONS
- packaging is annoying, stuff gets into the product container

I've been using Bare Mineral lid primer for the past 2 weeks and I don't like it. With a liquid-like primer I feel like you don't know if you've applied evenly because you can't see the product on your eyes. I like that with Lemon Aid you can see that product working and a noticeable difference on your eyes

on 3/29/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

When you sit down to do your makeup, suggest placing it under your knee/leg - somewhere it will warm up because every makeup products glides better when warm. I don't use this as an eyelid primer (MAC paint pot in Painterly suffices quite well for me), I use this on my discolored eye bag. And only on the eye bag once it has been warmed up! Voila, eye bag is gone.

Then cover it with a cream or liquid concealer and set with transl powder.

Nothing has worked as good as this product has in eliminating my under eye circles. On the days I don't use it, my eye bags are still quite noticeable. This complelety eliminates that 'grey shadow', but only when used correctly.

A Similar product/shade would be Illamasqua's under eye concealer, in the yellow shade. I use both to completely eliminate and brighten my eyes.

The packaging of Lemon Aid is completely annoying though.

on 3/27/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love many Benefit products and that is why I bought this a few yrs ago and not sure why, but I wasn't loving it. It didn't do much to help my undereye problem. I gave it to a friend.

on 2/16/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is right to combat dark circles, but it doesn't last and creases terribly. Won't purchase again.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products