February 1, 2015 | 1939 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by AllWhoWander

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Well, I'm not overly impressed with this. I feel like I get a better result with just a regular stick concealer of any type. It's creamy, so I guess it has some moisturizing properties which is good, but I think it's pretty near useless to be honest. It doesn't work very well as a primer, doesn't work very well as a concealer to conceal redness, doesn't especially help to make my eyeshadow pop. Not a total waste of money exactly but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by vivian101265

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 3 years. The application does take getting used to. DO NOT over apply, and smooth onto the eyelids "quickly"/ consistently so its even.
SIDENOTE: My Lemon Aid has lasted me about 15months so even though it isn't cheap, a little goes a long way

PROS
- brightens eye
- great coverage
- small container + mirror
- it has never creased for me...

CONS
- packaging is annoying, stuff gets into the product container

I've been using Bare Mineral lid primer for the past 2 weeks and I don't like it. With a liquid-like primer I feel like you don't know if you've applied evenly because you can't see the product on your eyes. I like that with Lemon Aid you can see that product working and a noticeable difference on your eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kedb27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When you sit down to do your makeup, suggest placing it under your knee/leg - somewhere it will warm up because every makeup products glides better when warm. I don't use this as an eyelid primer (MAC paint pot in Painterly suffices quite well for me), I use this on my discolored eye bag. And only on the eye bag once it has been warmed up! Voila, eye bag is gone.

Then cover it with a cream or liquid concealer and set with transl powder.

Nothing has worked as good as this product has in eliminating my under eye circles. On the days I don't use it, my eye bags are still quite noticeable. This complelety eliminates that 'grey shadow', but only when used correctly.

A Similar product/shade would be Illamasqua's under eye concealer, in the yellow shade. I use both to completely eliminate and brighten my eyes.

The packaging of Lemon Aid is completely annoying though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love many Benefit products and that is why I bought this a few yrs ago and not sure why, but I wasn't loving it. It didn't do much to help my undereye problem. I gave it to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is right to combat dark circles, but it doesn't last and creases terribly. Won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm...not too sure about this, I just really don't see the point. When I pat this on my eyelids I have to say I do quite like the smoothing, brightening effect, but it doesn't last and creases quite easily even if I use a little primer underneath. Under eyeshadow on the other hand this seems to do nothing whatsoever, it certainly doesn't extend the staying power of my eyeshadows. I suppose it would be best for 'no makeup days' when you want to wear as little as possible and just look a bit brighter and sparkier, but as I said the lasting power is poor and I'm not sure that it brightens any better than a simple nude shadow (which lasts a lot longer). Expensive and a bit of a waste of money, really. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

looks alright to cover redness when you first put it on.. but ends up getting cakey and creased on the eyelids, and not a great primer if you want to wear eyeshadow on top. i wouldn't recommend it since there are plenty of other concealers that do a better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cccor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't live up to it's expectations. My shadows still creases and makes my eyelids oily to the point that my liquid eyeliner smudges on my lower lashes. I hate the packaging too, not hygienic for my liking.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sezzleberry

It's kind of stupid that they call this a primer. If you're looking for a primer then do the right thing and get UDPP, don't get this! I hated this at first because I was trying to use it as an eye shadow primer. Anyone who tries to use it for this purpose is set up for an epic fail because yes, it creases. HOWEVER, when I stopped wearing eye shadow on my lazy days, I started to use it solely as a colour corrector. I was so surprised, it covers my dark undereyes, my discoloured lids and really does brighten up my eyes. YOU MUST set it with powder though, otherwise it will still crease. It applies much smoother when warm, so blasting it with a hair dryer for a few seconds will help with application. Don't see how this could possibly work for darker complexions. Seems like it will only work for fair-medium tones (I'm light asian/yellow undertone). Overall it's just an ok product. Hate having to repeatedly stick my finger in it, it feels really unhygenic. I won't repurchase because it's bloody expensive for what it is, I only have it because my bf bought it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Purchased from benefit in Boots.
HATE this product nasty consistency drags on the eye.Shadow still creases.