July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love many Benefit products and that is why I bought this a few yrs ago and not sure why, but I wasn't loving it. It didn't do much to help my undereye problem. I gave it to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is right to combat dark circles, but it doesn't last and creases terribly. Won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm...not too sure about this, I just really don't see the point. When I pat this on my eyelids I have to say I do quite like the smoothing, brightening effect, but it doesn't last and creases quite easily even if I use a little primer underneath. Under eyeshadow on the other hand this seems to do nothing whatsoever, it certainly doesn't extend the staying power of my eyeshadows. I suppose it would be best for 'no makeup days' when you want to wear as little as possible and just look a bit brighter and sparkier, but as I said the lasting power is poor and I'm not sure that it brightens any better than a simple nude shadow (which lasts a lot longer). Expensive and a bit of a waste of money, really. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

looks alright to cover redness when you first put it on.. but ends up getting cakey and creased on the eyelids, and not a great primer if you want to wear eyeshadow on top. i wouldn't recommend it since there are plenty of other concealers that do a better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cccor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't live up to it's expectations. My shadows still creases and makes my eyelids oily to the point that my liquid eyeliner smudges on my lower lashes. I hate the packaging too, not hygienic for my liking.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sezzleberry

It's kind of stupid that they call this a primer. If you're looking for a primer then do the right thing and get UDPP, don't get this! I hated this at first because I was trying to use it as an eye shadow primer. Anyone who tries to use it for this purpose is set up for an epic fail because yes, it creases. HOWEVER, when I stopped wearing eye shadow on my lazy days, I started to use it solely as a colour corrector. I was so surprised, it covers my dark undereyes, my discoloured lids and really does brighten up my eyes. YOU MUST set it with powder though, otherwise it will still crease. It applies much smoother when warm, so blasting it with a hair dryer for a few seconds will help with application. Don't see how this could possibly work for darker complexions. Seems like it will only work for fair-medium tones (I'm light asian/yellow undertone). Overall it's just an ok product. Hate having to repeatedly stick my finger in it, it feels really unhygenic. I won't repurchase because it's bloody expensive for what it is, I only have it because my bf bought it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Purchased from benefit in Boots.
HATE this product nasty consistency drags on the eye.Shadow still creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Pushkincat

I received this as a free gift from a seller on ebay when something was missing from a previous order and boy am I glad I did!!

I really love this product. At first I was put off by it's texture and tendency to crease. I wear sun cream everyday on my face under makeup, which is rather greasy, and this product was sliding all over the place and gathering into yellow lines above my eyes, which was perhaps not the look I was going for.

However, having consulted some of the reviews on here, I decided to take one reviewer's advice to fix the lemon aid with a powder. I never wear eye shadow so it seemed strange to put powder on my lids but it works like a dream. I have redness and veins around my eyes and this stuff works wonders at even-ing that out and giving a bright, wide-eyed overall look. I have actually replaced touche eclat with this, and I much prefer this.

I place it all over my eyelids and up to my brows and then I place it either side of the top of my nose into the corners of my eyes and it makes you look really fresh and gives a glow.

I love this product....sure you have to fix it maybe a few hours into wear, but when fixed with powder it has good staying power. I would not pay full price, but you can pick this up for under a fiver on ebay and I would recommend it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift from my sister, and in the beginning I was kind of lost as to how i would really use it, and it didn't work out so well. But It said use this all over lid to neutralize the redness and discoloration.
At first I didn't know how to use it, as it was kind of a dud, and pretty much my first time using a corrector.

I think it works good. It's kind of drying, so you gotta blend fast and its kind of hard if that makes sense? basically it's kind of THICK and not really creamy..more on the thick sticky side.

Edit:

So guys I've actually stopped using this for a long time, recently took this out of my little storage bin, and tried my own way of using this.

I use this as a concealer not on my lid as a primer, and apply it after my facial primer and foundation. I immediately get bright under eye.

Mind you i dont have much to conceal.

I suggest melting it with a hair dryer, thats what I ALWAYS do with all my thick product, and concealers...

Hairdryers make concealers melt like butter, and when you use it, it takes less product and better application.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

Agree with Mariella that "this stuff creases like a pleated skirt".