July 26, 2014 | 1088 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avon - Moisture effective Eye makeup remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Lots of negative reviews here about this lotion, but I actually find it is good stuff. I have been using Lancome eye makeup remover for years, (still have half a bottle) but since we have been on a set income I need to find cheaper products that works as well. I decided to give Avon a try and I am glad I did. This lotion is thicker than the Lancome water. I really like that about it. It does not have a smell, although I would like it more if it did. A nice smell would make this lotion even more luxurious IMO. Being a lotion makes this remover more suitable to removing the waterproof eye liners and mascara. It has not ever burned my eyes and I have actually gotten the product in my eyes! My bad! I apply the lotion on the lid area and under my eye of course, and I use a warm soft cloth to wipe away my makeup. I do not find I have to scrub or tug to get my makeup to come off either, and I like wearing UD eye liners! We all know that UD waterproof liners are meant to last for days! LOL
All in all, Avon has a good product here and sells it very inexpensive even when it is not on sale. Try it for yourself. After all, if you do not like it or it does not work for you, give it back. I do love that about Avon and that is why I am still an Avon Rep. for myself usually. I do not try to sell to anyone else, just my own household items. I do order my family members stuff if they want me to, but my main reason for staying an Avon Rep. is just for my own needs. I have been an Avon Rep. for over 40 years, dang that is a long time. I always report their products as they are to me, good, bad, or plain ugly. ;-) This one is a good one. I hope they keep it just the way it is, rather than recreate it and raise the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Cheap

CONS:
*I did not feel comfortable rubbing this creamy remover around my eyes. I love the Mary Kay eye makeup remover because I can use a cotton pad or ball to wipe off the mascara, so I switched back.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by pinksaburke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for awhile. It effectively removes all the eye make up but takes several pads but it does sting your eyes something terrible

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the bottle for 99 cents, so I suppose I can't expect much. It's really goopy and you have to rub it all over your eyelids and under your eyes to get everything off, and it's too thick to reach close enough to your lash line to get off any eyelinger or mascara. It requires a lot of rubbing to get mascara off, and I hate tugging on that delicate skin on my eye area. Even after I've washed my face and my makeup has somewhat dissolved, it still doesn't get very much off, and I can't imagine using it by itself without washing your face first, because your eyes would probably be bloodshot and your skin would start to sag after awhile. The bottle also has some issues, I leave the bottle open and it comes out the top without me squeezing it or anything, even when the bottle is 3/4 empty. I'll use it until it's empty, but most definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An inexpensive make up remover that does a pretty good job. I have had no problems with it irritating my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I use Avon's eye makeup remover quite often, always with a "Skottie's" tissue because they don't leave any fibers near my eye area. I usually just use it to clean up the under-eye area after cleansing and have never had it sting my eyes. I usually give my eyes a warm water rinse afterwards to get all the product off. I prefer liquid eye makeup remover so probably will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Affordable at C$1.99 when it goes on sale. Leave on for a minute then swipe off with cotton pad. No harsh smell. Squeeze bottle makes it hygienic and no pump makes it affordable.
Cons: Stings when it goes in my eye (somehow, always does). Has mineral oil and petrolatum.

It works so I gave it 3 but then had to take one lippie off because of stinging. Will donate my stash because I cannot stand the stinging. Now that I just looked up the ingredients, I definitely will stay away.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is full of mineral oil and gives me awful milia problems. It also makes my eyes blurry for a good hour afterwards from the mineral oil. I wouldn't buy this and I would not recommend it for anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm shocked at the high rating. I didn't like this at all. I found it pretty much useless for removing eye makeup, and it left my eyes blurry (because of the mineral oil in it). At least pure mineral oil aka baby oil actually works to take off makeup. I tried using this to remove facial makeup, just to use it up, but it didn't do a great job there either, and it kinda stung.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by neonpen

I dislike this eye makeup remover. Makes my eyes blurry and it stings a bit. Will not repurchase.