Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 6/30/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I will never be without my trusty tube of Aquaphor. I use it on my chronically dry lips all day long and it really helps my lipstick go on smoother. I like it better for this purpose than Homeoplasmine, which used to be my HG, as it lasts a little longer and I don't have to order it online. Great on sunburns, eczema patches, and otherwise grumpy skin.

on 6/14/2014 7:47:00 PM

I have used the Aquaphor healing ointment for many years now. I even got my husband using it after he got a large tattoo done, and he was amazed at how it healed the skin right away. This stuff is nothing short of amazing.

If you have a sunburn, (which I get EVERY summer w/o fail) This stuff will be your best bet.

Although I want to add, I see a lot of people say this is not greasy. It does have a slight Vaseline consistency, so yes, I'd actually say it IS greasy. A little (and boy do I mean a little) goes a long way.

I could not use this under my makeup because it just wouldn't mesh well. I usually use it a few nights per week. I lather it all over my face and sleep with it like it's a mask. When I wake up my face looks refreshed, and feels super smooth. Those are the days I usually don't have to wear foundation, & I get compliments on how good my skin looks.

There really are so many uses for this product, it's a great thing to have handy. If you buy the large jar of it (14 oz / $10 Walgreen's) It will last you well over a year.

on 6/11/2014 12:49:00 PM

So this is me also jumping on the bandwagon...

I can only agree- this is an amazing multi-purpose product.

It soothes dry lips, heels and elbows and anywhere else where you need moisturizing.
It is also great on scabs and abrasions as a healing ointment.
It is fragrance free, non comedogenic and suitable for babies.

It saved my heels this week when I got bad blisters from new shoes. I just put it on the blisters and the skin was much better the next day and healed the day after.
I am also using it on a scratch on my face I gave myself by accident while sleeping...I have no skinproblems while using it on that small area so I am really considering to try it out as a moisturizer once a week. Oh, and the scratch is just a little red (not "inflamation red") and no scab is forming over it...the skin looks soft and calm already.

It costs about 10 € for 40ml and comes in a small tube. Itīs hygienic to use and the tube is absolutely non-fancy looking- which I like for a change.

I honestly think that everyone who is interested in skincare should own this product as it is very basic, inexpensive and so versatile!

on 6/11/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love this stuff!

I was suffering from an allergic reaction that left my lips dry, scaly, painful and honestly kind of gross. I tried this after reading some promising reviews and I was not disappointed.

Within about 5 minutes my lips didn't hurt at all anymore and within about an hour, they looked healed.

You can use this as a lip balm, cuticle cream, hand lotion, after shave balm.....

It isn't greasy, it doesn't really have a scent and it's not expensive.

on 6/8/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a staple in my life. I originally got it for my new tattoo last year, but ever since, I've used for so many other purposes. I especially like putting it on my lips when they get so dry I nearly give up on restoring them. It's a beautiful ointment! If you have never tried it, I highly advise getting a tube, it's multi-functional and completely worth your money.

I absolutely love this stuff! If my skin ever needs that extra oomph of moisture, this is my go-to product. It gets very dry where I live, so this is a lifesaver :)

on 5/9/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am on my first month of accutane. And although side effects don't usually occur until after the first month I felt my lips drying up within a day of taking my first pill. I started breaking out around my mouth during week 1, there was some swelling and the skin was just peeling. It just looked horrific. After a couple of days of using aquaphor on my lips and the skin around it, it has completely healed. I even started using this on my nose and dry spots on my cheeks as my ridiculously oily skin started drying up due to accutane. This is a life saver. I'm already halfway through the tube. It literally goes with me everywhere I go because I absolutely cannot go without it right now. I can definitely see myself using this even after treatment, although probably not as extensively.

on 4/30/2014 12:08:00 AM

So I had some of this potion in a bottle but got it for another skin issue that it didn't help with. I originally got it for this crazy dry skin in corner of one of my eyes. Think it was a weather issue.
Anyhoo!
So I had this zit that I got rid of (I know i know bad girl but we all do it cuz we have to) that left such bad dry skin from the BP I kept using to make sure it stayed gone. Right smack dab in middle of forehead! Talk about third eye! I put this on overnight and the skin was 95% better! Couldn't believe it. Thank you MUA for the tips. I know by tomorrow it should be nearly cured! �
😃

on 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

WOW - that should be enough to tell you what a great product this is. Let me just start off by saying this is a skin saver. I am a teenager with combination, acne-prone skin so believe me when I tell you I know how it feels to struggle with your skin. I am always looking for products to clear my skin and make it look healthier. I always struggle with acne and that can be a very damaging to your confidence and self-esteem, so I went out to look for something that would help clear up my acne and make my skin smoother. I came across an acne system (I provided a review of it already, it's called Equate Beauty Acne System) that works wonderfully but it dried out my skin terribly because of the Benzoyl Peroxide. I am very hopeful with all the products I use on my face so I tend to over use them hoping to see results. I used this everyday for a week and it totally sucked all the moisture out of my face and left me with an embarrassingly dry face that just would not return to it's original state. A week went by without using the acne system and my skin still looked terribly dry. I kept lathering on moisturizers all day but they didn't help at all. Then I saw a post online that stated Aquaphor helps heals skin and I remembered that I had many of these little tubes of product in my cabinet.

(My mother was shopping in our local drugstore one day and she saw a huge basket of filled with .14 oz sample tubes of this product so she decided to grab a whole bunch (and boy, I sure am glad she did!) of these little miracle workers. Whenever I get a sample or buy a new product I immediately look up reviews for them to see how well they work and how they are rated, so that's just what I did. I saw that this product is highly rated ranging from 4.7-5 stars from various sites so I decided that I would try it since it has worked for so many people. )

So when it was time to wash my face I cleansed my face thoroughly and applied my moisturizer on afterwards. Then I grabbed the little tube of this and applied a light layer of my entire face to "seal in" the moisturizer. I was very hesitant to try this product out on my face just because I am acne-prone and the ingredients scared me, but the reviews were great and I just wanted my skins moisture to return back so badly so I figured I had nothing to lose. I went to sleep and I woke up the next morning and WOW. My skin's moisture was fully returned and my face looked so dewy and was so soft - wasn't dry at all. After constantly applying moisturizer to my face and not having that work I was so shocked. My skin looked brand new and I didn't feel any new forming breakouts. A few days have passed and my skin is not dry at all and still no breakouts. I am beyond ecstatic that I have this product and will forever continue to use it. I have about fifteen .14 oz sample tubes (which last such a long time) so I keep one in my room, one in my purse, one in my car, basically I have one with me wherever I go.

If anything changes I will provide and updated review but all I can say is this is a true miracle worker. Don't deprive yourself from this and try it, you will be happy you did!

on 3/25/2014 1:51:00 AM

After reading rave reviews about this I thought I'd try it out. It's not available where I live unfortunately, so I bought it from a reputable ebay seller. By the time I paid postage it wasn't cheap but it is a good product.

On my dry lips it feels like a really soothing balm. It's very thick, think Vaseline type thick but feels more medicinal if that makes any sense.

I've also used it very sparingly on dry heels/elbows and on my cuticles as part of a manicure.

I love the tube it's very hygienic, and I love that once applied it lasts for a while. I'm switching between Egyptian Magic cream and this on my lips. This lasts longer once applied, but EG cream sinks in quickly - I'm not sure which is better but they're both good.

I couldn't possibly apply this to my skin though. I've read some people use this as a night moisturiser - gross. It's way too thick for that!