August 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cjanerun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yessss! Finally, some relief for my super-dry skin! Every winter, my skin gets all the moisture sucked out of it and my face flakes all over the place but this has helped so much! And it hasn't even broken me out! I apply it at night over my whole face and then in the morning just on my normally very dry patches. I guess my skin is dry enough to absorb it!

An annoying thing about this is, as others have said, it is so solid. A couple weeks ago when I got it, I touched my finger to the top, leaving a finger print (so no, it's not rock hard), and it's still there today! No fluidity here at all! To make applying this easier, I first do some light lotion on my face, and before completely blending that in, I put this on over top. That really helps it glide over the skin instead of being one greasy lump. So that's a bit of a hassle but not enough to make me bring my rating down from a 5!

As for the price, this was about $20 at SDM (Canada), but the tub is 15 oz! Huuge! I'm generally hesitant to buy in such large quantities, but I don't regret this at all (even though it'll probably go bad before I'm able to use it up!). I highly recommend this to any other dry-skinned beauties out there! Definitely avoid if you're at all oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DeadNinjaPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking that I was going to give me the best moisture ever. Well, it doesn't. I used to use it all over my face at night but I don't anymore. It is too thick for my liking and it doen't sink it. It just sits on the top of my skin and feels greasy. And that's after spending time rubbing it in. Even about an hour or so still hasn't sunk it. It works okay but I definately will not purchase again. I just use it now on my face if I have dry patches. It works well for that. It also says that it relieves dry skin associated with eczema. Doesn't do squatt for that. Used on dry patches on my body and doesn't do anything for those either.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by anonomos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizing cream is way too thick for me and I generally like heavy creams. The problem with the Eucerin cream is that it is too solid and not creamy enough. I wish I could just melt it down some, and then it would be perfect. I bought this cream with the intention to use it all over my body, but it takes entirely too long to apply. It does moisturize well, but I would suggest only using it for dry patches of skin and not all over. I found that it is good for dry patches on your face and for your lips. However, I don't think it's worth spending $14 for a drug store moisturizing cream that you're only going to use on small portions of your body. Bottom line, if you are looking for a full body moisturizing cream this isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY thing that takes care of the dry patches on my face. I'm in my early 30's and my skin has changed dramatically over the last couple years in terms of getting very dry. I can finally wear foundation again without the flakes showing through. I was very hesitant to use this on my face, but I haven't had a single breakout. My skin is so soft now. I thought I would never find something that worked, but this quickly changed my mind. It'll be in my bathroom forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't get this to work well for me as a "lotion" I would use it once in a blue moon but it was hard to blend in and pretty greasy until it sunk in BUT it worked very well for me as a moisturizer on my hands and feet in the winter (I work in the healthcare field so I wash my hands a lot). It's like a very thick butter which is why I couldn't really use it as a lotion but I would totally repurchase it again for my hands and feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Pattigirl

This stuff saved my skin!

After getting sick in December and being on THREE rounds of antibiotics, my skin was dry and cracked around my nose and itchy/flaky everywhere else. Before this, it was very "fussy" and I was in search of a holy grail product. However, I wouldn't have even tried this if I hadn't needed some emergency TLC (I thought it was for little old ladies).

Fast forward to 8 months later: I'm still using it every night and morning. I was hesitant at first as I thought the thick creaminess would break me out but I have had ZERO breakouts since last year. And it's cheap! I can't tell you how much money I've spent in the past on miracle creams that made promises they couldn't keep. This stuff is now my holy grail, and I can save my money for other holy grail pursuits (like makeup!) I can't rave enough about this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When my lips got so dry and chapped that NOTHING worked, I got on the MUA boards and asked for help. This was suggested AND IT WORKED!! It worked so well that I bought a few tubes of it to stash in my purse and nightstand drawer. Since the day I begged for help, I have used this amazingly fantastic product on my lips. Best part is, since it has healed my lips, I still use it because it looks great over my lip liner. It is a gloss without being too glossy. I do not worry anymore about kissing my baby girl while wearing a lip product (which I had basically stopped wearing anyway) with this on my lips and contaminating her delicate skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic moisturizer for particularly dry areas of the skin or as an all-over night treatment (be cautious here--Eucerin is very thick!). If applying to large areas, I recommend running a cloth over your skin after application to pick up any excess. It has no discernable scent, making it perfectly compatible with perfumes. This inexpensive panacea is particularly good for lip care, far superior to any lip-specific products I've tried. I keep a small tube of this on hand at all times in lieu of lip balm. Consider trying it--for price and quality, it's very difficult to beat.

*This should be considered a skin protectant, as the principal softener is mineral oil (an ingredient that will remain on top of the skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by sexytresses

This is HOLY GRAIL!!! Great for cracked dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

This is great for seriously dry skin and eczema patches. In the winter my hands used to get so chapped that they would bleed, but not anymore. If I get any eczema patches, I rub some Eucerin into them, and it helps. Even when I tap it into my face, it doesn't make it break out much (sometimes I'd rather have a bit of breakout than an eczema patch). This works best if you apply it while you are still damp from the shower.