December 18, 2014 | 1471 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by julidan0203

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swear by this product!!! 4 yrs ago one one my kids got 2nd and 3rd degree burns in his arms, chest and forehead. After the initial healing phase where he actually had scabs (not open wounds anymore), the PS recommended this to me. She said that this product "was born" on the plastic surgeon's practice and that there was nothing compared to it on the market to heal damaged skin. I was skeptical...how could something so simple do wonders for my baby??
Well, he was 2y/o. She said to apply a thin layer every single night over the affected area until he was 5. Guess what??? If I show you my DS today and tell yout hat he was severely burned you would surely think that I'm a liar!! Not even a single scar!! A cheap, simple miracle. Since then we've been using it for everything skin related. The lesson?? Trust the basics ;)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by howIwishyouwerehere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this creamy lotion nothing else heals the dry skin on my knees as elbows like this

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by syoo11

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This winter my face got even drier than usual and started to chap everywhere -- which was very disturbing to say the least. I tried everything, including a sample of Clarins Hydra-quench, which only made me break out in red hives! After reading reviews here, I decided to give this product a try -- and I must say I'm very happy I did. It is very thick and I usually use another moisturizer first (Ceruve works really well) and then spread this over the moisturizer. Dry spots were gone in 1-2 days. It does cause a pimple or two, at least for me, which is why I'm not giving it a full 5, but I think one pimple or two is worth not having a face full of dry spots. I can definitely recommend to anyone with severe eczema or just dry winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer: this is for the Walmart generic.
This is the consistency of Crisco, true. But I found if I put about 1/2 cup in a sealable container and add a few drops of scented oil, and whip it with a fork, it whips into a frosting-like product that is much more pleasant to use on your skin. Even without soaking my feet first, if I heat some socks in the dryer for a minute and slather some whipped generic Eucerin on my feet, it soaks in nicely and softens quite well for a generic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this cream. It's heavy and occlusive, and trying to close the container back up after you use it is very hard with greasy hands. That said -- it is the ONLY thing besides Aquaphor which will keep my heels from drying out and cracking. The trick is to use it every night on the feet after my bath. If I stop, I can count on getting cracked heels within a few days. So, I continue to purchase and will continue. I do get the cheaper Wal-Mart version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cjanerun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yessss! Finally, some relief for my super-dry skin! Every winter, my skin gets all the moisture sucked out of it and my face flakes all over the place but this has helped so much! And it hasn't even broken me out! I apply it at night over my whole face and then in the morning just on my normally very dry patches. I guess my skin is dry enough to absorb it!

An annoying thing about this is, as others have said, it is so solid. A couple weeks ago when I got it, I touched my finger to the top, leaving a finger print (so no, it's not rock hard), and it's still there today! No fluidity here at all! To make applying this easier, I first do some light lotion on my face, and before completely blending that in, I put this on over top. That really helps it glide over the skin instead of being one greasy lump. So that's a bit of a hassle but not enough to make me bring my rating down from a 5!

As for the price, this was about $20 at SDM (Canada), but the tub is 15 oz! Huuge! I'm generally hesitant to buy in such large quantities, but I don't regret this at all (even though it'll probably go bad before I'm able to use it up!). I highly recommend this to any other dry-skinned beauties out there! Definitely avoid if you're at all oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DeadNinjaPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking that I was going to give me the best moisture ever. Well, it doesn't. I used to use it all over my face at night but I don't anymore. It is too thick for my liking and it doen't sink it. It just sits on the top of my skin and feels greasy. And that's after spending time rubbing it in. Even about an hour or so still hasn't sunk it. It works okay but I definately will not purchase again. I just use it now on my face if I have dry patches. It works well for that. It also says that it relieves dry skin associated with eczema. Doesn't do squatt for that. Used on dry patches on my body and doesn't do anything for those either.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by anonomos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizing cream is way too thick for me and I generally like heavy creams. The problem with the Eucerin cream is that it is too solid and not creamy enough. I wish I could just melt it down some, and then it would be perfect. I bought this cream with the intention to use it all over my body, but it takes entirely too long to apply. It does moisturize well, but I would suggest only using it for dry patches of skin and not all over. I found that it is good for dry patches on your face and for your lips. However, I don't think it's worth spending $14 for a drug store moisturizing cream that you're only going to use on small portions of your body. Bottom line, if you are looking for a full body moisturizing cream this isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY thing that takes care of the dry patches on my face. I'm in my early 30's and my skin has changed dramatically over the last couple years in terms of getting very dry. I can finally wear foundation again without the flakes showing through. I was very hesitant to use this on my face, but I haven't had a single breakout. My skin is so soft now. I thought I would never find something that worked, but this quickly changed my mind. It'll be in my bathroom forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't get this to work well for me as a "lotion" I would use it once in a blue moon but it was hard to blend in and pretty greasy until it sunk in BUT it worked very well for me as a moisturizer on my hands and feet in the winter (I work in the healthcare field so I wash my hands a lot). It's like a very thick butter which is why I couldn't really use it as a lotion but I would totally repurchase it again for my hands and feet.