July 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Good coverage, does not oxidize on me, smooth and soft powder, very easy to apply and blend. But it can get cakey if too much used. Oil control could be better, I had to blot and repowder quite often. I also wish the packaging was slimmer, I find it too bulky and does not travel well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation for days when my skin isn't too problematic... I have oil skin & love this foundation as it makes my skin matte & keeps it that way for quite awhile before needing to touch up. Coverage is light but I find that if I try to build it up to cover a problem area it results is a chalky effect. I apply with a brush instead of the sponge that is included, other than that I like the packaging. Price is also good, especially if you purchase during a promotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it..buy it!
update: it doesn't really last in hot sun, and a bit sparkly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Bababo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It took some getting used to. But I would agree with the good rating of this product because it does its job. The poweder does take a bit to sit in, but when it does it blends in well enough. The sponge it comes with is crap though, maybe you need a brush with this? And wetting the foundation doesn't really seem to do much. But as a poweder base it's great. And animal-testing free.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this on and off for a year now. I usually use a liquid foundation and I think it's just taken me a while to get used to powder. I don't like 'heavy' coverage, even though I have acne and scarring to cover. I also don't like spending ages doing my make up.
I find this powder basically very good. I use a large powder brush from The Bodyshop to apply it directly onto my moisturised and concealed face. If it goes on too heavily it can look cakey but I've found that if I keep blending with the brush, it will soften this. I hardly put any really on my forhead (as it's fairly even) but gradually build up coverage on my problem areas (jaw line and chin). In day light I feel it looks natural. It doesn't have amazing coverage but with concealer underneath for me it's enough. I'd rather have a little skin discolouration showing, than a totally even, unnatural looking face.
I then follow with a bronzer/highlighter or blusher. It seems to stay put for a good few hours (6-8) and doesn't oxidize etc. It's also easy to 'top up' when you're out and about. It also hasn't broken me out.
I'm a light/mid olive and I got matched to no 5, which suits me well. The compact is well made.
I notice I keep looking for other product but then decide to stick with this one, so for now this is my main powder/foundation. I also use it sometimes after my liquid foundation, and it does a good job of mattifying/setting that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by missbris003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great foundation. Was my first ever foundation and still prefer it over all others I've tried. I continue to re-purchase. Comes with a sponge but i find it best applies dry with a kabuki brush. I use the one from the body shop and it's great. A light application is all you need for a natural finish. Too much and it can look obviously very powdery. It has never oxidized on me. Also makes a great setting powder over liquid foundation and concealer. I recommend using concealer only where you need it and then finishing with a dusting of this, so quick and easy, plus looks so natural. Packaging is nice too, in a silver and black compact with a mirror. Price, pretty good considering it's not a high-end foundation like mac etc, but still just as good, if not better. Best for those wanting a natural finish with light to medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LouiseD17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about two years. I have shady n°3 and 4, for winter and summer use.

-light to medium coverage
-matte effect
-when applied correctly, it looks like you're not wearing any foundation at all

-can look cakey on it's own, I finish with The Body Shop Face Mist Vitamin E or Vitamin C
-doesn't last the whole day

I have been repurchasing this because so far it's the best I've come across for my skintone and skintype. But I haven't stopped looking for something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by imarussiandoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've read so many good reviews about this product, but as i bought it and actually used it, i was disappointed. my skin is very light, and the product looked yellow-ish on me as i applied it. it smells really bad too.
it just didn't work for me. the coverage is too light for me too, and it looked chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Given most of the good reviews here, I went out and bought it on a buy 2 get 1 free sale. My mum and I got the same one. I wanted to like this product but it didn't work well for me. Upon application, it looks a little chalky looking. It is obvious to everyone that i'm using powder so this face base doesn't give a natural look. And given that it's a all in one face base, I was still told that finishing powder and makeup base is still required. That kinda defeats the purpose of buying an all in one. For me, I've tried both wet and dry application. After i apply my moisturizer and eye gel and waited for them to dry, I go on to apply my all in one face base. Somehow it always looks whiter on the parts where i had on my eye gel but the funny thing is I've always waited till it's dry to apply this face powder. Yet everytime i go thru this routine.. it turns out the same way. In the end i have to use abit of water to soften the heavier powdered parts and the rest of my face. I find that the dry application gives a chalky appearance that is not natural looking. For the wet application, after my moisturizer and eye gel, i wet the given sponge and swipe on the face base product onto my face. It gives a smoother finish for me and looks more natural. I prefer to use it via the wet application. The coverage isn't fantastic, light-medium. Concealer is definitely needed for blemishes. Staying power wise, it doesn't last more than 2hours for me before i start seeing my powder start to look cakey and uneven. My mom however likes this product better. So, it's one of those, to each his own and this is just not for me. I assume if you have less oily skin and skin that looks pretty good on its own but you would like some light coverage, this probably would be good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mixedup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about two years, and its one of my favourite foundations. Its really quick to put on, and it doesn't ever make me break out. If I go out dancing at the bar, I generally will need to blot and reapply the foundation, but it's really not bad for an all in one. I am definitely going to keep buying this.