December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by 3Lanvin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent wasn't what I was expecting, I love coconut scents - but this didn't smell like that, it was quit chemically scented. It wasn't the easiest to blend, but when you get out of the shower and your body is still wet(as your suppose to because it locks in moisture), it's easier to blend in and you don't have to use as much. As for moisturizing I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5, it moisturizes but nothing special(the moisture can last all day depending on what season it is, it doesn't last in the winter).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is my go to body moisturizer. It hydrates dry skin and will make your skin feel nice and smooth. The scent is lovely and is perfect for the summer! At first glance this product may seem a bit pricy, but it lasts a while even when used on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by milliegwen

Super mositurising, rather expensive but lasts a lifetime, a worthy investment for those with dry skin. I used E45 cream for about 3 months and it gave me the same effect as about 3 nights use of this. Beautiful when you hop out of the shower, and the wonderful coconut smell lasts all day! Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not my favorite Body Shop scent, but it's still pretty good. It does moisturize very well. I wish the packaging didn't feel so "exposed" because it seems like it can get contaminated pretty easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

Love this stuff. The scent is pure summer to me. 1 application after the shower keeps my skin soft for days. Love putting some on my palms and into my hair as a leave-in conditioner. Totally tames the frizzies!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I love TBS body butters and always have one at home but this has got to be the worst coconut scent I've ever encountered! Way too sweet and nauseating like coconut oil gone rancid or old SPF lotion. I usually love sweet coconut scents but this makes me gag. First time I've ever thrown away a product because of the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

This is a "What the f*ck!!!??" product for me. I have used this product three times; the first time, I didn't notice anything strange. The second time, I applied it, and a few minutes later, ran my hand over my arms only to feel these greasy clumps which felt like dead skin peeling off. I thought it was odd, as I am an exfoliating junkie and had deeply exfoliated my arms previously in the shower. I didn't think anything of it, but then I felt these weird clumps again the next time and realized that it was the product balling up. I have never experienced that before and it is a bit bizarre and rather gross (has anyone else had the same problem with this product? ). Also, the packaging is extremely unhygienic (I think LUSH got a cue from The Body Shop). I am a staunch environmentalist and all about minimal, simplistic packaging, but not to the point where it compromises the product. It's a shame because I enjoyed the consistency (it's the consistency of ACTUAL butter), and the smell (although it's not the best coconut fragrance). It also seemed to make my arms very smooth the first day I used it. Maybe it creates this film over your skin and needs sufficient time to soak in before you make contact with the area again? I'm not really sure. I, sadly, will not be repurchasing this, or any other body butter from The Body Shop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I really dislike this product. I bought it in the small travel size at the checkout at my local sephora and I loved it when I first purchased it. After I wore it a few times, the smell made me sick. It is very sweet and sick smelling. I also think the body butter has such an oily feel to it and it makes me feel very gross after I put it on. It does have a very authentic coconut smell (the only thing I like about it). I will never repurchase because it's too expensive, hate the smell, oily, and the packaging is terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by echeong

The packaging for body butters is very unhygienic. That is my first dislike.
Secondly, I expected body butters to be thick and creamy, leaving my skin to be softer than ever. Perhaps my expectations were too high because this is not what happened.
True, the consistency of the body butter is very thick and the smell is tolerable but it left a sticky feeling on my skin all throughout the day. I thought this stickyness would disappear after a few hours but it lasted ALL day. My skin did not soak up the butter much at all, hence my skin was in the same condition as before.
I do not recommend this. Instead, try using a more lightweight lotion since it is better for your pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nadnames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The butter just sits on the skin, feels sticky and transfers onto everything you wear. Eventually the coconut smell fades and you're left with this peculiar smell.