August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by echeong

The packaging for body butters is very unhygienic. That is my first dislike.
Secondly, I expected body butters to be thick and creamy, leaving my skin to be softer than ever. Perhaps my expectations were too high because this is not what happened.
True, the consistency of the body butter is very thick and the smell is tolerable but it left a sticky feeling on my skin all throughout the day. I thought this stickyness would disappear after a few hours but it lasted ALL day. My skin did not soak up the butter much at all, hence my skin was in the same condition as before.
I do not recommend this. Instead, try using a more lightweight lotion since it is better for your pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nadnames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The butter just sits on the skin, feels sticky and transfers onto everything you wear. Eventually the coconut smell fades and you're left with this peculiar smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sandrawolfe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin, and am a lotion junkie, so I have tried countless lotions and creams, and I feel that Body Shop Body Butters are some of the best. I keep a collection of them on hand so I can choose one that fits my current mood or matches well with the perfume I plan to wear that day. The coconut is a staple because of its intense moisturizing qualities, and I keep a small coconut BB in my purse to use on my hands. I use the shimmer version on my legs and arms and the regular version on my hands and feet. This stuff is fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This body butter is so nice for the summer, I get a lot of compliments on it. It moisturises so nicely, and the scent stays on you all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ShatterGlass89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An amazing product! It moisturizes my skin so well and it doesn't give me the greasy feeling that Palmer's cocoa butter has. I usually use it after I shave my legs, and before I had those little brown spots but not with this. ^^ Also, the scent so addicting because it's sweet without being overpowering, (my mom hates it when I use scented lotions, but she doesn't complain when I use this) even my boyfriend likes it. ;) The only downside about this product is the price, but I'll keep repurchasing because it helps my skin so much. Try it out ladies, you won't regret. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

not a huge fan of coconut but it's quite a nice scent. however, the body butter itself i find is a little greasy and sits on top of the skin and doesn't absorb too well. a bit overpriced for a product that isn't too impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by avadakedavra14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this butter is a hit just like all of the other body shop butters i've tried! some say it's greasy, but if you have dry, dehydrated skin, like me, it soaks it up! in the winter i use it as a conditioning mask for my feet: put on loads of this stuff, rub in slightly, put on socks and head to bed. soft tootsies in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

It's lovely, especially for winter, you can't beat tbs butters, they're iconic!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is okay. For a while I was really obsessed with the body shop, but now I have moved on to a better company. This stuff left my skin feeling soft and smooth for a few hours but after that it became dry again. The coconut scent is just average.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to love this, but unfortunately after a while it started to clog my skin. If I didn't use enough it didn't spread, if I used more it wouldn't sink in, leaving me feeling very clammy and itchy. I now only use it on my feet, elbows and knees.