September 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I love TBS body butters and always have one at home but this has got to be the worst coconut scent I've ever encountered! Way too sweet and nauseating like coconut oil gone rancid or old SPF lotion. I usually love sweet coconut scents but this makes me gag. First time I've ever thrown away a product because of the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

This is a "What the f*ck!!!??" product for me. I have used this product three times; the first time, I didn't notice anything strange. The second time, I applied it, and a few minutes later, ran my hand over my arms only to feel these greasy clumps which felt like dead skin peeling off. I thought it was odd, as I am an exfoliating junkie and had deeply exfoliated my arms previously in the shower. I didn't think anything of it, but then I felt these weird clumps again the next time and realized that it was the product balling up. I have never experienced that before and it is a bit bizarre and rather gross (has anyone else had the same problem with this product? ). Also, the packaging is extremely unhygienic (I think LUSH got a cue from The Body Shop). I am a staunch environmentalist and all about minimal, simplistic packaging, but not to the point where it compromises the product. It's a shame because I enjoyed the consistency (it's the consistency of ACTUAL butter), and the smell (although it's not the best coconut fragrance). It also seemed to make my arms very smooth the first day I used it. Maybe it creates this film over your skin and needs sufficient time to soak in before you make contact with the area again? I'm not really sure. I, sadly, will not be repurchasing this, or any other body butter from The Body Shop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I really dislike this product. I bought it in the small travel size at the checkout at my local sephora and I loved it when I first purchased it. After I wore it a few times, the smell made me sick. It is very sweet and sick smelling. I also think the body butter has such an oily feel to it and it makes me feel very gross after I put it on. It does have a very authentic coconut smell (the only thing I like about it). I will never repurchase because it's too expensive, hate the smell, oily, and the packaging is terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by echeong

The packaging for body butters is very unhygienic. That is my first dislike.
Secondly, I expected body butters to be thick and creamy, leaving my skin to be softer than ever. Perhaps my expectations were too high because this is not what happened.
True, the consistency of the body butter is very thick and the smell is tolerable but it left a sticky feeling on my skin all throughout the day. I thought this stickyness would disappear after a few hours but it lasted ALL day. My skin did not soak up the butter much at all, hence my skin was in the same condition as before.
I do not recommend this. Instead, try using a more lightweight lotion since it is better for your pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nadnames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The butter just sits on the skin, feels sticky and transfers onto everything you wear. Eventually the coconut smell fades and you're left with this peculiar smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sandrawolfe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin, and am a lotion junkie, so I have tried countless lotions and creams, and I feel that Body Shop Body Butters are some of the best. I keep a collection of them on hand so I can choose one that fits my current mood or matches well with the perfume I plan to wear that day. The coconut is a staple because of its intense moisturizing qualities, and I keep a small coconut BB in my purse to use on my hands. I use the shimmer version on my legs and arms and the regular version on my hands and feet. This stuff is fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This body butter is so nice for the summer, I get a lot of compliments on it. It moisturises so nicely, and the scent stays on you all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ShatterGlass89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An amazing product! It moisturizes my skin so well and it doesn't give me the greasy feeling that Palmer's cocoa butter has. I usually use it after I shave my legs, and before I had those little brown spots but not with this. ^^ Also, the scent so addicting because it's sweet without being overpowering, (my mom hates it when I use scented lotions, but she doesn't complain when I use this) even my boyfriend likes it. ;) The only downside about this product is the price, but I'll keep repurchasing because it helps my skin so much. Try it out ladies, you won't regret. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

not a huge fan of coconut but it's quite a nice scent. however, the body butter itself i find is a little greasy and sits on top of the skin and doesn't absorb too well. a bit overpriced for a product that isn't too impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by avadakedavra14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this butter is a hit just like all of the other body shop butters i've tried! some say it's greasy, but if you have dry, dehydrated skin, like me, it soaks it up! in the winter i use it as a conditioning mask for my feet: put on loads of this stuff, rub in slightly, put on socks and head to bed. soft tootsies in the morning!