August 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Lineur Intense

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by creamsoda

I bought this because it was the cheapest liquid eyeliner in the drugstore and I didn't want to pay a lot because I wasn't sure if I would even like liquid eyeliner! At first I thought it was difficult to apply but that was due to the fact I wasn't used to the felt tip. It's a pretty long felt tip, for some reason I thought I would be able to use it like a marker but nope! I got the hang of it by my third application though. It's a lovely opaque black and look quite dramatic. But it has a crazy tendency to crack! If I apply in the morning, by mid afternoon when I get home I have to reapply. My eyes can sometimes get a bit watery too and it wipes off too easily for my liking. As well, it's so richly pigmented that when I take it off I have to use my makeup remover multiple times, or I end up with raccoon eyes! I'll use it up but once it's empty, I'm going to invest in better quality. It was a good introduction to liquid eyeliner though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by parallelfifths

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lineur Intense (felt tip) was my first ever liquid eyeliner and still one of my favorites today. Application is ridiculously easy and I don't ever have to worry about smudging. It stays put on my oily lids for the entire day. I usually get the Black Mica color, which I'm pretty sure isn't as intense as Carbon Black, but it's got some very subtle shimmer in it, which I like. The range of color options is kind of limited, but I'm not too fussed about that. Overall, it's a reliable, quality product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everyone know that L'Oreal owns Lancome and products are made and made & distributed from the same factories/warehouses, right? I used Lineur Intense on one eye and Artliner on the other eye.They both looked the same at 6AM and exactly the same at 10PM. I see no need to spend the extra $ on the Lancome product.
They both faded a bit but for 16 hrs. I think they both performed very well. I used these liners to tighline my upper lid. I trimmed a bit of the length off of the felt liner of the L'oreal product to get better control-- in doing this it better resembled the line made by the Lancome liner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by xteetastic

This review is for the felt tip. I love this eyeliner. It's the eyeliner I use every single day. It goes on super black and it's amazing. It doesn't smear at all, no raccoon eyes. The only con that it fades after a couple of hours. It turns into a dark grayish color. If it was waterproof, it would definitely be my HG eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by snailmail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are two products and you shouldn't confuse them. One is the felt tip and the other is the brush tip. The felt tip is by far superior to the brush tip and the two cannot be compared in use and quality. My review is for the felt tip. I always purchase this in black and it is absolutely my HG liquid eyeliner. You cannot make a mistake with this because the felt tip is idiot proof. I do not like Loreal products as I think the quality usually stinks, but this is one product that they got 100% right! The liner stays on all day and easily removes at night. The colour is a true black and doesn't change during the day. Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It stung my eyes like crazy when I applied it. It cracks like crazy. What I love is how opaque it is super super black !!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use liquid eyeliner for years but stopped for the last year because I discovered gel and powder liners. I decided to go back this year because the cat eye has been growing on me and I just couldn't achieve certain looks with gel or powder that I used to do with liquid e/l. I got Lancome Artliner but couldn't justify spending $29 on liquid e/l bc it dries out so quickly so I returned it after I did some research to find out the L'oreal Lineur Intense and Maybelline Stiletto e/l have the same applicator I loved from the Artliner. Now, these two e/l are my go-to if I got an extra minute to spare. The pigmentation in the Maybelline is slightly less than this L'oreal e/l but color pay offs are still very impressive, barely less than what Artliner showed IMO. Oh yeah, and staying power for the Maybelline, L'oreal, and Lancome e/l are all the SAME. I did a test of all 3, which resulted in all 3 staying from 8am to 8pm - on my hooded eyes and through a tough workout session too! Washing off is also easy with my Neutrogena eye make up remover with just a couple of swipes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I'm having trouble believing the ratings for this product - it is honestly one of the worst liquid eyeliners I have ever used!

Consistency - its pretty gooey & weird. The opening gets built up with thickened product and I found I needed to wipe it off every use, wasting a lot of product or it will leave thick globs that make application really hard.

Application - the brush is OK, easy enough to work with if the formula wasn't so strange. My problem is that I have to be REALLY careful because it is too easy to make a mistake, and it's not easily fixed. The worst part is that it gets all over my lashes, making them clump together into those nasty 'spiderlegs' clumps. I would try to comb through it with a spoolie and would just end up with flakes all over my face. It take me a million years to get this on because I am trying to be way too careful with it because of the inferior consistency.

Finish - it's really shiny. I would prefer matte. Like it's adverstised, it is REALLY DARK BLACK - I mean, super, super black. That's cool and all, but it is SO pigmented, that if you make a mistake, there is no quick fix or cleaning up. You have to remove it all and start over, otherwise I just keep smearing around black.

Removal - OMG, this stuff takes for ever to get off! It lifts easily with MY remover, so I don't need to scrub and scrub, I just can't get the color off. When I am washing it off it looks like I put on black face! It took two rounds of oil cleanser followed with a foaming cleanser to get this stuff off my face - it's pretty extreme.

Wear - not so great. It flakes & rubs off really easily. When it dries, it still feels tacky, which I though would make it wear better. I was not impressed with the wear of this at all. I could live with that if I didn't experience the other issues I had, since I only wear this on my top lashes and dont usually have an issue, but in this case, there's just too much going on to look this over.

In all, this was a disappointment for me. I much prefer the liquid eyeliners from WnW, Prestige, Maybelline (line stiletto) or NYC - I have had much better results, and most of them are less expensive then this one. I really tried and tried to like it, but I finally got fed up & threw it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by rain12blue

when I was new to make-up I heard raves about this liner from fafinettex3 (she's MIA now) and being a person who never used liquid liners before I thought to give it a try. I've bought this on a BOGO sale in CVS and have been using this on-off for a year now.

LINE - it does not draw a thin line, for hooded eyes like me a thin line is a must or else it would consume the whole of the little crease that I have.

CONSISTENCY - you must shake this product or else the consistency wouldn't be nice. Sometimes to much product comes out and I'd have to wipe it off the edges of the package. It does apply black but dries to a shiny finish which is not good for matte liner lovers. It also does not dry fast, you have to wait a while which sucks!

LONGETIVITY - it does not stay on for a long time. I think this liner would be better during the winter and not summer/humid days. During winter it stays on until I go home from the office but during summer and humid days out it cracks and flakes horribly! I went to a themepark and it already cracked and flaked even before I got there.

Overall, this liner was not that great and I think I will just consume what's left but would not repurchase again. There are better liners out there that are better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This liquid liner is very pigmented and gives an intense black line with one swipe. However, I hate that it dries to a shiny finish!! I noticed if you apply a thicker swipe, or two layers, it tends to crack and flake off. The applicator is long, but not very flexible so it's hard to trace around the top lashline and doesn't produce the thinnest of lines either. Luckily, it managed to not smudge throughout the day. Must shake it with each use because I noticed it gets a little gloopy.