December 20, 2014 | 1627 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm quite dissapointed with this powder. Doesn't control shine (my face starts shining 2 hours from application), it won't give you a natural finish even if you use the lowest possible amount of product but the reason i decided to use the entire jar instead of throwing it away is that it conceals pores. Regarding the retractable brush it contains, it's definately not good as powder brush but it's amazing for applying and blending cream blushes. Discreet smell, package is ok and finally, you get lots of product which means that if you buy it it wil last for quite some time. Cost me 25 Euro. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by girlboyfriction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I FINALLY found what was breaking me out!! This powder!! I've had this for a while and it does give a nice finish over foundation, but gave me constant break outs.

I found out it was this when I just used the powder alone over my face without foundation for a few days AND OMG my entire face broke out.. Even in places I never got acne (my chin, jaw,etc.)! I've stopped using this and immediately noticed less break outs.

I moved on the Jurlique's Finishing Silk in Citrus, and it's divine.. Doesn't break me out!!! Smells good!! And keeps my face from being shiny/oily even longer than the clinique ever did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

good powder, good texture, lots of product in a horrid plastic package which can crack if you smile at it.... Horrible color selection especially if you don't fall into the translucent or level 3 skin tone... ugh. I have it to use on clients, the No. 2 which is basically for a level 3 skin tone as on a level 2 or less it will darken and look muddy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by phanie14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This products is light on application, doesn't clog pores, smooths out the appearance of pores, easily applied. IT has quite a good oil control, but was quite expensive for my budget. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by CutieAmy324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite loose powder as of now. I have this in transparency #7 (NC40 skin tone) and I find it blends perfectly!! I gives my skin an airbrushed look. The only downside to this powder is the packaging. It leaks all over the place. I don't break out from this, that's why I love Clinique and there hypoallergenic products! Will definately repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to mix this with mineral foundation, for a better blend. This powder lasts forever, a big downside is the packaging, but it's a loose powder, so what can you expect? I find the tone I got, transparency 04, a little bit too pink, but mixed with my mineral foundation, it's become a nice shade. I don't use the brush it came with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't know what the negative reviews are talking about. This gives my skin a polished look. The difference between looking made-up and polished lies in application; this product is capable of doing both. It's light, and doesn't cake or look dry.

I've tried this in in Invisible Blend and Transparency 3. Invisible Blend is basically white, but supposed to work on every skin color. However, it was too pale for my medium/tan NC20/25 skin. Transparency 3 works a lot better for me.

However, this product is so sheer that there's a lot of room for error in terms of color selection, and the choices are very good. The brush sucks, but what do you expect? This is also best for normal to dry skin, because the powder doesn't absorb oil well.

You also get a LOT of product, so it's good money value. Definitely worth taking a look at!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by msphilophobia

This product broke me up like crazy and it comes with a stong muddy smell to it. I'm suspecting that it might be spoilt so i exchanged it with the counter since I brought not too long ago. Guess what? It comes with the same digusting muddy smell. Yuck!

Though I admit that my skin is acne prone and oily. But once I stop this foundation, my pimples and acne became better. So to conclude, it's either the fault of the product ingredients or its just clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by charlesechick

I already wrote a review on how much I love this powder, but it was the wrong color. Well I went back and got this in translucent...goodness, this does absolutely nothing to soak up the oilies and it turned me ghostly gray when I wore it over my foundation. I am extremely disappointed in this because I used to love Clinique powders!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by BlondeWithBrains

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yay: Makes face look flawless instantly
Nay: Shine does come back shortly after
I use this to set my liquid foundation. It's great for masking pores as well, as I've found that foundations don't tend to do this very well as mine are very obvious. It mattifies instantly, which I love, and when touching up later in the day, it quickly makes my make up look newly applied, even hours after I put it on. That said, my skin looks oily rather soon afterwards, but I think for most it would be okay. It lasts a long time, so the cost doesn't seem too outrageous then! I'd definitely buy again, although I rely on pressed compact powders for during the day, as this one tends to make a mess, so isn't as practical.