July 24, 2014 | 1945 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

The packaging is the only good thing about this product. I used to go from store to store trying to find the best exfoliator, and ladies and gentlemen, this is not it. People always think that this stuff must be gentle because heck! It's apricot seeds! How could that be damaging?

Well it is. I wish I knew what I know now back then. All of these products like this, or LUSH's Ocean Salt all have exfoliating agents that are far too large, and too sharp to actually do any good for your skin. They should be renamed grinding agents. The apricot curnels literally have sharp edges on them from where they were broken, so instead of being a mild abrasive that helps sluff off dead skin, this stuff is just tearing up your poor skin leaving it raw, and unhealthy. Not to mention all the perfumes in this stuff that only serve to cause further irritation. You're scratching your skin, and causing micro gouges, then dumping perfume into those fresh wounds, it's a bad combo that will leave you skin dull looking.

Cheaper AND BETTER option. Use Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and baking soda. I've said this before, but this is something that you can make for pennies at home AND it will work MUCH better than St. Ives, LUSH's or other scurbs. All you have to do is mix the baking soda and olive oil into a thin paste. The cold pressed EVOO retains a chemical structure which is very similar to human sebum (oil) so it doesn't clog your pores. Instead, it removes excess dirt, and oil, and even helps break up dirt and oil that is clogging your pores (you can use this all over your body, including your face). The oil leave your skin very clean and moisturized. The baking soda is a very, very mild abbrasive. The particles are so fine that it gently helps slough off dry skin, polishing it to a healthy glow, instead of the dry, dull mess that these other scrubs seem to leave you with. Baking soda also helps kill bacteria that causes acne, so it's great if you have acne on your face, chest or back. Though I will say, because it has a basic pH, it can sting just a little if it gets into an open wound. You can switch baking soda out for fine brown sugar if you have issues, but it won't kill bacteria. After you're done, you just rinse, then use a mild soap to remove any excess oil (though it's ok, and actually pretty good to leave a bit of oil on the skin).

You can make this scrub at home quickly, and cheaply. I've seen boutique versions selling for $30 a bottle! But you can make it at home for pennies! Plus you can always use your left over St. Ives bottle. It's the only good thing about this product. I make a small premix, and pour it into the empty St. Ives bottle to keep the shower. Anyways, that's my two cents. I didn't like St. Ives, or any products like this. Felt they were ripping me off, I suggest you try the EVOO scrub for yourself, but to each their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Madridista

I have combination skin and lately I noticed a LOT of whiteheads and blackheads on my face. This scrub did an amazing job clearing my skin without any irritation even if I have sensitive skin. You ABSOLUTELY have to tone and moisturize after using this because it has salicylic acid in it. I use witch hazel as a toner and cetaphil moisturizer after... And this scrub is just AMAAZIIING !!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only face scrub I use. I have used this since middle school once a week. Works so well to get rid of blackheads. When I stop using it, I always get blackheads and once I start it back up, my blackheads clear out. its inexpensive and works wonders. I been purchasing this product for 12 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by 26cyj58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brilliant product. Cheap as chips. Really brightens the skin and leaves it feeling smooth and glowing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

Forget these harsh painful scrubs that abrade your face to death.
Brown sugar. Honey.

You're welcome. I just saved you pain, your face, tons of money, and all the chemicals. (Trust me just try the brown sugar + honey mix, you will never go back)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by AYko

I bought it expecting it to be a miracle, after reading other reviews. I did everything right, read directions both online and on the package, to find the correct way to use it, but it still was too harsh. Maybe I will try the sensitive skin one. It didnt help my skin either, just made the bumps irritated, probably is a better scrub for skin with smoother surface.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've used this facial scrub since I was 14. I used to buy the acne control scrub but after my teen acne subsided I switched to the regular one. This makes my face feel fresh and renewed. If I don't use for awhile my skin feels dry and icky. This product will alway be apart of my skin care routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MissSallyMaggie

This is one of my favourite face scrubs. It's great on my sensitive skin and easy to use. The only thing I don't like is getting a piece in your eye, it hurts and if you are not careful can do some damage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by beautifyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I disagree with the comments about this product being too harsh on the skin, mainly becuase I believe people aren't applying it correctly. When I use this product I don't use very much pressure, and I find that afterwards it leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed.

However, I do think the results can differ depending on your skin type. I have combination skin so this product works wonders for me. I find that this did not affect my breakouts at all, and I recommend using it 2-3 times a week for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by elainependz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I disagree with the haters of this product, but I guess it all does boil down to your skin type. I have combination skin - oily on my T-zone and dry on the rest of my face, and I also have quite sensitive skin. I have been using this product for so long. I switched from Ponds which broke me out horribly. I used a lot of face scrubs since I easily break out and even tried the green tea cleanser just to try out other st ives variants but even that broke me out. So far this is the only product that I was able to use that kept my skin clear.
So I give this a thumbs up and will definitely buy again and again!!!