August 27, 2014 | 949 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this classic scrub and keep repurchasing because the formula and quality remained the same. I always feel thought that I get breakouts the day after using it, probably because it exfoliates the skin and allows dirt (breakouts) to surface. So now I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash directly after using it which very well prevents any breakouts or treats them before they even develop. If these two products are used in conjunction with each other once a week, the result would be great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this stuff for YEARS. I keep a tube of it just for in the shower! It doesnt take off makeup however so I do that before I get in the shower but this scrub really takes off the dead skin and polish your face so well. I always stray and try other things but this stuff is HG and I always come back to it. Especially great to use with an exfoilating cloth :) I just dont reccommend daily use because it can get harsh! I shower every other day or two which is perfect. I also dont like the fragrance in it, I prefer to have my products be fragrance free but it doesnt stop me from using it... just a personal preference thing.

Pros
-exfoliates awesome
-takes away dead skin
-clears pores
-polishes skin

Cons
-fragrance is strong (with they would make a fragrance free version)
-bit too harsh for daily use

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Abraxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking to a good alternative to products containing micro-beads after reading about how terrible they are for the environment when I saw all the glowing reviews of this product online.

I picked it up in January on a grocery store shopping trip and was pleased with how cheap the price was, that's where the good stops.

I wouldn't consider myself someone with extremely sensitive skin, I've never really had a problem with oil or dryness or really any sensitivity to any products. I do get the occasional bit of acne before my cycle but that's about it, overall I'd say i have a normal skin type.

I used this product for the first time on 01/29/2014 and the first thing I noticed immediately was how abrasive this is. I feel like the apricot shells are way too rough of an exfoliater for the skin on the face but I used it anyway due to all the glowing reviews. Fast forward to 02/05/2014 and I had the worst break out of my life. I figured maybe the mask is just purging the gunk out of my pores so I let this experience go. I tried it again on 2/08/2014 and immediately broke out the next day. I gave it one last try on 03/03/2014 and now have a face littered in small white spots on 03/09/2014. I haven't changed anything else in my routine so it must be this scrub!

The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reading the reviews on this product I came to my own conclusion. This is a trial and error product for people searching for the best scrub for their OWN skin.

I love this. I have scarring on my cheeks and an uneven surface on my face. It gets worse if I don't exfoliate at least once a week. I use this scrub once a week, in the shower and scrub for a minute all over my face. I rinse and my skin feels incredibly smooth, and it doesn't tighten up. It feels great. This doesn't make my the acne on my forehead and chin worse. The scarring doesn't get worse either.

For those with extremely sensitive skin, I probably don't recommend. This product certainly scrubs off unwanted particles and dead skin on the face. It's cheap (under $10), and I've had mine for about 4 months now.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

I was going through the reviews of this product and saw that this could seriously damage your skin due to the apricot seeds being extremely rough and leaving scars and thank god I stopped using this! It never did anything for my acne or blemishes, if it did anything good it was make my skin soft but honestly DONT BUY THIS EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by evenesence21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff does what it is suppose to do, what more can you ask for?

Is it harsh? Yes, it is, that is why it is not recommended to be used MORE than twice a week. It actually exfoliates, leaving your new, fresh, glowing, skin showing when you are done. It also helps reduce acne, blackheads, etc.

If you have sensitive skin, they have one for sensitive skin, that still gets the job done, but is much less harsh and less rough, so go for that one instead.

This works, I've tried other ones that have soft beads, that are USELESS and don't exfoliate at all...they just clean your your face.

I love this product and can't say enough good things about it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by beautifulxoxdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I have very sensitive acne prone skin so I thought when I first tried it it was going to strip my skin bare but I was so wrong. I had a massive breakout all over my face about a week ago and by using this every night after my make up remover and hot cloth cleanser my face has cleared up a treat. My skin is not perfect but it is 10 times better than what it was. I only gave this product 4 lipsticks for the packaging because I find it always goes all over the lid and goes all hard. Yuck! Except that I love it and have repurchased it about 4 times! Love Love Love!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

For one of the most popular scrubs on the market, it doesn't have the best reviews! I was expecting to see people raving, but I can see how this one's not universally appealing. That said, mines will be a rave review.

My skin can take a lot of abuse. Products don't inflame my skin or cause any reaction. I can use harsh, abrasive exfoliants, loads of fragrance, alcohol... Really just about anything, although I try to keep it simple just in case.

That said, this is one of my skin care staples. I've been using it since junior high (a little over a decade) and I still run to the drugstore whenever I run out. I use it maybe once or twice a week for a really abrasive, and effective, exfoliant. After using it, my face feels totally soft and brand new. I find that makeup looks better after using it because it scrubs away any clinging dead skin cells or patches. I find my skin tone looks more uniform, too. I also like the feel of the walnut shell powder scrubbing my face. Unlike with more "gentle" scrubs, I actually feel like this one is doing something! It doesn't have a lot of overpowering fragrance, which is also nice.

All that being said, those with sensitive skin should obviously stay away from this. Most dermatologists recommend a gentle scrub with more rounded little beads, as opposed to the jagged nature of walnut shell. This scrub contains a number of ingredients that may inflame sensitive skin. But if you're like me, and your skin can take it, this scrub is a classic and a best-seller for a reason! Just use it once or twice a week and don't scrub too hard or for too long.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this apricot scrub is worth 4 stars, I think it is nice smelling and actually works on acne breakouts, but the smell is a little bit overpowering which is why I knocked off one star. I would buy this for my brother, who has acne like I do and he would love it, I know he would and that is very hard.... Finding a product which my brother would love! 4 stars well deserved!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lulu6789

This is horrible and abrasive. It gave me hundreds of acne ice pick marks and make my spots 1000x WORSE! The smell was bearable but not pleasant at all. Never ever buying again. If you have skin that is extremely tough then this will still harm you