September 21, 2014 | 1351 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

The concept is great. But there is a huge problem. It has those bits of apricot seed that actually cause microscopic cuts in your skin and it shouldn't be used which isn't good for your skin at all.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SpiffieCow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I have an olay face brush that i use, but with this scrub I don't need to use it to get the soft skin I get from the brush. I wouldn't use this scrub every day though. Maybe twice a week. It can irritate my sensitive skin and make it a little red in some areas. But it scrubs off all the dead skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by zezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

definitely holy grail product! i love this scrub so much! it makes my skin very soft and clears it up and makes it feel very exfoliated. i do have dry/sensitive skin so i don't use it every day but i use it twice a week and it does the job well! couldn't say enough good things about this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I like this product, not sure if I love it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks because I wanted an exfoliate cleanser to fit into my acne routine. I don't think it has helped my acne. It smells nice and the price was inexpensive. I hope that it does help, It does feel like it cleans my face it makes it soft. I would def recommend it and will def be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by hsiaoty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this face scrub due to the feeling of the large microbeads. I recently repurchased this scrub and after using it, found that it really irritated my skin and actually felt like I was scrubbing sand onto my face. While using the product, I actually also experienced more breakouts than usual.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this classic scrub and keep repurchasing because the formula and quality remained the same. I always feel thought that I get breakouts the day after using it, probably because it exfoliates the skin and allows dirt (breakouts) to surface. So now I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash directly after using it which very well prevents any breakouts or treats them before they even develop. If these two products are used in conjunction with each other once a week, the result would be great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this stuff for YEARS. I keep a tube of it just for in the shower! It doesnt take off makeup however so I do that before I get in the shower but this scrub really takes off the dead skin and polish your face so well. I always stray and try other things but this stuff is HG and I always come back to it. Especially great to use with an exfoilating cloth :) I just dont reccommend daily use because it can get harsh! I shower every other day or two which is perfect. I also dont like the fragrance in it, I prefer to have my products be fragrance free but it doesnt stop me from using it... just a personal preference thing.

Pros
-exfoliates awesome
-takes away dead skin
-clears pores
-polishes skin

Cons
-fragrance is strong (with they would make a fragrance free version)
-bit too harsh for daily use

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Abraxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking to a good alternative to products containing micro-beads after reading about how terrible they are for the environment when I saw all the glowing reviews of this product online.

I picked it up in January on a grocery store shopping trip and was pleased with how cheap the price was, that's where the good stops.

I wouldn't consider myself someone with extremely sensitive skin, I've never really had a problem with oil or dryness or really any sensitivity to any products. I do get the occasional bit of acne before my cycle but that's about it, overall I'd say i have a normal skin type.

I used this product for the first time on 01/29/2014 and the first thing I noticed immediately was how abrasive this is. I feel like the apricot shells are way too rough of an exfoliater for the skin on the face but I used it anyway due to all the glowing reviews. Fast forward to 02/05/2014 and I had the worst break out of my life. I figured maybe the mask is just purging the gunk out of my pores so I let this experience go. I tried it again on 2/08/2014 and immediately broke out the next day. I gave it one last try on 03/03/2014 and now have a face littered in small white spots on 03/09/2014. I haven't changed anything else in my routine so it must be this scrub!

The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reading the reviews on this product I came to my own conclusion. This is a trial and error product for people searching for the best scrub for their OWN skin.

I love this. I have scarring on my cheeks and an uneven surface on my face. It gets worse if I don't exfoliate at least once a week. I use this scrub once a week, in the shower and scrub for a minute all over my face. I rinse and my skin feels incredibly smooth, and it doesn't tighten up. It feels great. This doesn't make my the acne on my forehead and chin worse. The scarring doesn't get worse either.

For those with extremely sensitive skin, I probably don't recommend. This product certainly scrubs off unwanted particles and dead skin on the face. It's cheap (under $10), and I've had mine for about 4 months now.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

I was going through the reviews of this product and saw that this could seriously damage your skin due to the apricot seeds being extremely rough and leaving scars and thank god I stopped using this! It never did anything for my acne or blemishes, if it did anything good it was make my skin soft but honestly DONT BUY THIS EVER!