St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 11/4/2014 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great BODY exfoliater I would never use this on my face, the apricot bis cause micro tears into your skin. Please do your research before you decide to use this as a face scrub.

on 11/3/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

meh. smells lovely, doesn't harm the environment as plastic bead ones....but it doesn't lift much dead skin, it does wash off all the oil on my skin but that's it. it doesn't take any of my whiteheads or lumps away even if I repeatedly use it. it does though clean my face well, but this isn't a cleanser...so doesn't do what it's meant to do which is exfoliate

on 11/2/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

hurts when i use to use it. good exfoliation does not have to be painful!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the texture, its rough but not too corse, leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Dead skin is gone , smells good and the price is great!!!

on 10/17/2014 6:08:00 AM

Possibly THE best face scrub I have ever used! Awesome for people with oily skin, also very exfoliating and helped my skin loads. I have a combination skin type, overall an amazing product for me!
Smells so good (even though I am not a huge fan of apricot!)
And the packaging looks appealing!
I recommend this scrub!

on 10/17/2014 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this product for the ease of use and the way it makes my skin so dewy and soft after each use. It clogs my pores each and every time I use it and end up picking (very gently, no nails) at my white heads the day after the scrub. I end up with white heads in places I had not before. Always been very gentle when scrubbing and never exceeded a minute. Rinsed it off extremely well after each use. Has someone found anything non pore clogging? I read on the Internet that scrubbing excites the sebaceous glands and they end up producing more sebum. It's true in this case.

Edit: Used white sugar dissolved with a bit of water. Did this only once so far. Left my face dewy soft with no whiteheads the next day. Bye-bye St-Ives!

on 10/16/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I used this until I found that baking soda does a better job exfoliating and is much more gentle on the skin.

on 10/15/2014 11:19:00 PM

I really do like this stuff, but it burns like hell! It might just be my skin but yeah, it burned my skin really bad! I still use it though because it gives my skin an amazing glow and makes my skin feel really fresh.

on 10/15/2014 9:41:00 PM

I used to love this stuff!
I started using it again recently and I notice it breaks me out really bad! I like how it makes me skin smoother after every use but after a day or two I get horrible break outs :( I just booth the oatmeal scrubhopefuly that one Is better for me

on 10/11/2014 6:49:00 PM

I felt a bit apprehensive about buying this scrub, but I felt that it was something that I had to try myself after reading all of these varying reviews. From what I can tell here, you either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. I have acne-prone combination skin that is extremely sensitive to chemical exfoliants (they dry out my skin, cause rough red patches, and break me out even when I properly moisturize after use), so physical exfoliants work the best on my skin.

I've found that this scrub works really well for me, and I have been using it for about a month now. I use it before bed whenever my skin begins feeling rough, which is usually every other day. It smells amazing and makes my skin feel wonderfully smooth. My acne has lessened; if I use it when I have a breakout beginning, I can expect to wake up in the morning with my skin looking significantly better (although I have been using the fresh face version rather than blemish control).

It is incredibly important to use it *gently*! If you scrub super hard, you'll definitely damage your skin and experience breakouts, as with any other physical exfoliant. I also use a gentle soap after use, since I'm not sure of how cleansing this scrub necessarily is. Absolutely make sure to moisturize! I haven't had any issues with drying, but I can see how this might be an issue for people with different skin types. Personally, I love this scrub, but it is by no means for everyone.