November 26, 2014 | 1752 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by starlightsparkl

Edit: I actually really like this mascara! the only thing is it does not work alone on my eyelashes. I have to put it with another mascara at all times. It's not my favorite but i would recommend at least trying it out if you haven't already. I would repurchase but it's not my first choice nor favorite

Original:
Ew ew ew ew ewwwww. I cannot understand why so many people rave about this. First of all, it does not hold a curl. Second, it looks terrible. And third, you can find about a million better mascaras at the drugstore for better prices.
The thing i hate most about this is the little bumps and imperfections it puts on your eyelashes. Yes it slightly volumizes but it only sticks your lashes together and adds tiny clumps.
I saw several reviews saying after a week or 2 it would hold curl better because it dried out a little. I've had it for over a month and i've tried it numerous times and every single time it looked horrible.
I used this and the loreal voluminous million lashes (my love <3) and i asked a few people which one they thought looked better. Of course it was close friends and family hahah but they chose chose voluminous million lashes
I don't know why people would like this.
Two lippies for the average wand and no raccoon eyes, but other than that theres nothing extremely special about this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by the_borg_queen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so sad when Shu Uemura discontinued their Mascara Basic (my hg mascara). I was on a quest to find something similar to Shu's MB - Natural looking, long lasting, waterproof, and most importantly something that would not take the curl out of my eyelashes. I've tried SO many different mascaras, both high and low end, with disappointing results. Most of them were thick, clumpy and made my eyelashes stick straight out.
I finally decided to give Voluminous a whirl. It's around $8 so it wouldn't be a very big loss if it was another stinker. I was absolutely shocked when I discovered it was very similar to my HG Mascara Basic! It gave my lashes a wonderful lift and kept the curl perfectly. The only thing that i don't really care for is the applicator wand. The brush is a little too big. I have to wipe some of the mascara off with a tissue or it gets slightly clumpy from too much product. Other than that it's a great dupe! So cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard so many good things about this product and finally got the chance to try it out. For the price, it does an amazing job. It definitely makes my lashes thicker and noticeable. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lisurr71895

Pros:
Makes my lashes look fuller and longer

Waterproof

Hold curl

Cons:
This stuff is extremely diffuicult to to remove, I know its waterproof, but this stuff is almost like glue, I use three different makeup removers to take this stuff off.

It flakes so bad that I sometimes end up with racoon eyes.

A little too dry.

But overall my lashes look great, until this mascara flakes, so I probably won't purchase again...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by snazzybear

MY LASHES: Extremely long, thin, extremely sparse lashes

Pros:
Waterproof
No smudging, flaking
Good brush

Cons:
More lengthening than volumizing (which is what I did NOT need)
Spider like lashes
Not cheap for a drugstore brand ($10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart)

I gave it a 2 because it did not do what it was MAINLY supposed to do, but it was waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Sasha09Fierce

I repurchased this mascara after having used it once before. And I loved it when I first tried it out. It was really waterproof didn't smudge. It was great! BUT a few months later I decided to repurchase this mascara, and the second time around it totally sucked! It smudged onto my bottom lashes and clumped my lashes. I would apply it in the morning and by noon it would be smudged. I don't know if they changed the formula or what because I used to love this mascara. I will not be repurchasing. -_-

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mistywarden

This was the last in my black, waterproof mascara phase. I'd heard raves about the Carbon Black formula and thought I'd get both and compare. This one fell short by a lot.

The wand is pretty generic, I have to either wipe it gently with a tissue or scrape it against the edge of the tube to get the excess off before applying to not get huge clumps.

This formula is more of a soft black and doesn't smell as strongly as the Carbon Black, however nothing short of scraping and pulling my eyelashes nearly out will remove this junk from my face. NOT cool at all. Cold cream, Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup remover, Vaseline, this stuff gets softer with washing but still doesn't come off completely for way longer than I find acceptable.

If you're swimming in a photo shoot or going to be stranded on a deserted island and need to have perfect mascara when you get rescued the next week, this is for you. Everyone else, leave it on the shelf.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ridiculously wet/watery formula for a waterproof mascara and flakes like nobody's business. I was excited when I found this in waterproof since I actually like the original formula, but this was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my holy grail mascara for putting on top of non-waterproof mascaras. I like to use about 3 different mascaras because my eyelashes are really unruly and it takes a lot to get them in line. This mascara has never flaked on me. It survives through 6 hour shifts at my job at an amusement park (basically all day in the sun, sweating) and does not melt or anything. I cannot go without this mascara. Its really volumizing and gives a little length. The only gripe I really have with it is that I can only put on two coats, and then it starts to clump, but usually two coats is enough anyway. I can't wait to buy this again when my covergirl lashblast "water resistant" mascara is gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ssuesan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed in this product. It says it is waterproof but I have had non-waterproof mascaras last longer than this one did. It was always flaking and within one hour of application, I would look like I had been in a fight with a prize fighter. I had no trouble taking it off at night because just washing my face during my shower removed every trace of mascara without the need for makeup remover.