October 31, 2014 | 1202 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard so many good things about this product and finally got the chance to try it out. For the price, it does an amazing job. It definitely makes my lashes thicker and noticeable. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lisurr71895

Pros:
Makes my lashes look fuller and longer

Waterproof

Hold curl

Cons:
This stuff is extremely diffuicult to to remove, I know its waterproof, but this stuff is almost like glue, I use three different makeup removers to take this stuff off.

It flakes so bad that I sometimes end up with racoon eyes.

A little too dry.

But overall my lashes look great, until this mascara flakes, so I probably won't purchase again...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by snazzybear

MY LASHES: Extremely long, thin, extremely sparse lashes

Pros:
Waterproof
No smudging, flaking
Good brush

Cons:
More lengthening than volumizing (which is what I did NOT need)
Spider like lashes
Not cheap for a drugstore brand ($10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart)

I gave it a 2 because it did not do what it was MAINLY supposed to do, but it was waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Sasha09Fierce

I repurchased this mascara after having used it once before. And I loved it when I first tried it out. It was really waterproof didn't smudge. It was great! BUT a few months later I decided to repurchase this mascara, and the second time around it totally sucked! It smudged onto my bottom lashes and clumped my lashes. I would apply it in the morning and by noon it would be smudged. I don't know if they changed the formula or what because I used to love this mascara. I will not be repurchasing. -_-

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mistywarden

This was the last in my black, waterproof mascara phase. I'd heard raves about the Carbon Black formula and thought I'd get both and compare. This one fell short by a lot.

The wand is pretty generic, I have to either wipe it gently with a tissue or scrape it against the edge of the tube to get the excess off before applying to not get huge clumps.

This formula is more of a soft black and doesn't smell as strongly as the Carbon Black, however nothing short of scraping and pulling my eyelashes nearly out will remove this junk from my face. NOT cool at all. Cold cream, Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup remover, Vaseline, this stuff gets softer with washing but still doesn't come off completely for way longer than I find acceptable.

If you're swimming in a photo shoot or going to be stranded on a deserted island and need to have perfect mascara when you get rescued the next week, this is for you. Everyone else, leave it on the shelf.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ridiculously wet/watery formula for a waterproof mascara and flakes like nobody's business. I was excited when I found this in waterproof since I actually like the original formula, but this was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my holy grail mascara for putting on top of non-waterproof mascaras. I like to use about 3 different mascaras because my eyelashes are really unruly and it takes a lot to get them in line. This mascara has never flaked on me. It survives through 6 hour shifts at my job at an amusement park (basically all day in the sun, sweating) and does not melt or anything. I cannot go without this mascara. Its really volumizing and gives a little length. The only gripe I really have with it is that I can only put on two coats, and then it starts to clump, but usually two coats is enough anyway. I can't wait to buy this again when my covergirl lashblast "water resistant" mascara is gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ssuesan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed in this product. It says it is waterproof but I have had non-waterproof mascaras last longer than this one did. It was always flaking and within one hour of application, I would look like I had been in a fight with a prize fighter. I had no trouble taking it off at night because just washing my face during my shower removed every trace of mascara without the need for makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by honeygirl808

This is my HG mascara. I've tried many mascaras, from high end to drugstore brands, and this is the BEST. My close second is Covergirl LashBlast. Don't spend more if you don't have to! The waterproof formula keeps my lashes curled (I have straight, blah lashes normally) and they look great all day. Some minor flaking but you can manage that by not rubbing your eyes, right? I always have an extra of this in my bathroom closet just in case. Love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying so many high end broducts I decided to go with one that EVERYONE and their mother is loving...and so I went w/this one and I do like it. It does last but at times I feel like it flakes a bit :-( but it beats paying $20 -$30 on a more expensive brand.