November 22, 2014 | 952 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by akemikatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely in love with this cleanser. It is not exactly "hydrating," but it doesn't strip my face of moisture like the Clean & Clear Sensitive that I *thought* was my HG. I have extremely sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and it loves this product. I use this morning and night. It foams nicely, gets off my mascara and sunscreen, and rinses completely off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by annawil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. Iíve struggled with acne and eczema for years. I use this morning and night with a toner and moisturizer. This removes all of my makeup, even my waterproof mascara. It has never irritated my eyes. While I wouldnít say this adds moisture to my face, it definitely doesnít strip it. In the winter I do have to use a heavier moisturizer to keep the eczema at bay. It doesnít work up to the biggest lather Iíve ever seen, but it rinses completely clean. This is a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin at a great price. My only complaint is that I wish the pump had a different closing style to make it easier to close for travel without wasting product. That said, Iíd be completely heartbroken if Eucerin ever stopped producing this!

I've heard a lot of people complain about this product having SLS as its second ingredient. But, the ingredient is actually SLES not SLS.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by diamondgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS PRODUCT IS VERY MISLEADING I HAVE DRY ACNE PRONE SKIN AND IT ONLY MADE IT WORSE I USED IT FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I DEVELOPED WHAT LOOKED LIKE ECZEMA UNDER MY RIGHT EYE AND ALSO ON ONE OF MY CHEEKS. DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT I ONLY WASH MY FACE ONCE DAILY AT NIGHT SO IT ISN'T FROM OVERWASHING AND I DON'T USE ANY ACNE TREATMENTS EITHER. SO I STOPPED USING THIS ABOUT FOUR DAYS AGO AND NOW THE ECZEMA IS GONE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this cleanser is for people who like Cetaphil, but feel like sometimes it doesn't rinse clean enough. Maybe for drier skinned people during the summer months? Or for acne prone people who want to make sure they don't use something too harsh?

This cleanser is foamy and rinses clean without making my combination skin feel tight. It was the slightly more rinsable version of Cetaphil that I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by magnoliabloom

This cleanser didn't further strip my already dry skin - which, for its price, is not bad. I am also extremely acne prone and I haven't noticed any new breakouts with this cleanser. If it were actually hydrating that might be nice, but I'll settle for "not drying."

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the last reviewer, I've tried a variety of cleansers but never been wedded to any of them over time. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser which I liked over the summer, but found it left my skin too dry now that it's autumn. Hence, I dug in my stash of unused products and found my Eucerin cleanser, and it's just the ticket. It's not so much that it's hydrating -- more that it doesn't strip my skin. I love the way my skin feels after using it, and I'm no longer having a problem with dryness. It's a good, simple cleanser which easily cleans off makeup (even mascara) without leaving my skin dry or irritated. I've always read that if you're going to put money into a product, do so with your moisturizers, serums, etc -- not your cleansers. They're on your face so briefly you really don't get any extra benefit. So my Eucerin cleanser fits the bill!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this cleanser. I have been using a variety of cleansers but was not particulary wedded to any of them. I have slightly oily but mature skin. I am interested in maintaining the oil that I have without using a product that would cause breakouts. I also prefer to spend my money on other products besides a cleanser.

This product does a good job without being too greasy and without stripping my skin. The price is right. It only takes a small amount.

Highly recommend to those with combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by brcrn

This is my fall back cleanser when my skin is irritated by new skin products LOL. It is perfect for my combo skin, leaving it clean, but not tight or stripped. Love the pump container too. My DH often borrows it too - now that says something! Probably not the best for really dry or oily skin, but just right for us combo gals and guys.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ccaudill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dermatologist recommended this to me and I've been using it for years now. A great cleanser that cleaves my skin feeling clean but not dry (I have combo skin). The only other cleanser that I prefer is Glyderm Gentle Cleanser - also recommended by the doc - since it has a small % of glycolic acid in it or Yonka's Nettoyant Creme for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

I've been using this cleanser for about five years now, and love it. I've probably gone through at least twelve bottles in that time (it used to come in a 12-oz size, now it's 8 oz; I buy 4 at a time from drugstore.com, under $6 a bottle, lasts about a year). I would say the name, "Gentle Hydrating", is a misnomer. I have oily/blemish-prone skin and I would recommend it for normal to oily skintypes; not for dry skintypes, I think it would be much too drying. Rather than moisturizing, I would say it cleans thoroughly without stripping or overdrying and does not contribute to acne. It even removes most stubborn makeup and sunscreen. Bets of all, it is unscented and you only need half a pump to make a good lather. I have tried a ton of other cleansers, and I will occasionally stray, but always come back to Eucerin.