Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Citric Acid, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 10/13/2007 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

As my skin ages and starts drying out, I really need a mild cleanser. Sadly, this cleanser completely dries my skin. Admittedly, this cleanser really gets all my make-up off, but it's not worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite cleanser. I started using it after I read it was recommended in ďthe skin type solutionĒ. I have somewhat sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I wear a full face of makeup daily and this stuff really removes all of my makeup and washes off clean. For those of you that use the clarisonic, this cleanser compliments it very nicely. Also, this face cleanser suds up very nicely without over drying. Like many other reviewers I would not call it hydrating either but it is very gentle. Iíve used many high end cleansers for oil/acne including Murad, Proactive & Roden and Fields and this drugstore find tops all of them by far. I also find it to be better than everyoneís no fail Cetaphil (sensitive formula) I never felt like Cetaphil got my skin clean and it left a residue. The drugstores in my area donít carry this particular cleanser so I have to order it from Drugstore.com. I actually had to use one of my high end cleansers while awaiting the arrival of this product and my skin started to slowly breakout again. This is clearly a winner for results and being cheap!

Update 11/25/07:

I still love this cleanser!

on 8/17/2007 10:28:00 AM

I am absolutely in love with this cleanser. It is not exactly "hydrating," but it doesn't strip my face of moisture like the Clean & Clear Sensitive that I *thought* was my HG. I have extremely sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and it loves this product. I use this morning and night. It foams nicely, gets off my mascara and sunscreen, and rinses completely off.

on 6/23/2007 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. Iíve struggled with acne and eczema for years. I use this morning and night with a toner and moisturizer. This removes all of my makeup, even my waterproof mascara. It has never irritated my eyes. While I wouldnít say this adds moisture to my face, it definitely doesnít strip it. In the winter I do have to use a heavier moisturizer to keep the eczema at bay. It doesnít work up to the biggest lather Iíve ever seen, but it rinses completely clean. This is a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin at a great price. My only complaint is that I wish the pump had a different closing style to make it easier to close for travel without wasting product. That said, Iíd be completely heartbroken if Eucerin ever stopped producing this!

I've heard a lot of people complain about this product having SLS as its second ingredient. But, the ingredient is actually SLES not SLS.

on 6/20/2007 6:13:00 PM

THIS PRODUCT IS VERY MISLEADING I HAVE DRY ACNE PRONE SKIN AND IT ONLY MADE IT WORSE I USED IT FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I DEVELOPED WHAT LOOKED LIKE ECZEMA UNDER MY RIGHT EYE AND ALSO ON ONE OF MY CHEEKS. DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT I ONLY WASH MY FACE ONCE DAILY AT NIGHT SO IT ISN'T FROM OVERWASHING AND I DON'T USE ANY ACNE TREATMENTS EITHER. SO I STOPPED USING THIS ABOUT FOUR DAYS AGO AND NOW THE ECZEMA IS GONE.

on 3/16/2007 7:54:00 PM

I think this cleanser is for people who like Cetaphil, but feel like sometimes it doesn't rinse clean enough. Maybe for drier skinned people during the summer months? Or for acne prone people who want to make sure they don't use something too harsh?

This cleanser is foamy and rinses clean without making my combination skin feel tight. It was the slightly more rinsable version of Cetaphil that I was looking for.

This cleanser didn't further strip my already dry skin - which, for its price, is not bad. I am also extremely acne prone and I haven't noticed any new breakouts with this cleanser. If it were actually hydrating that might be nice, but I'll settle for "not drying."

on 11/14/2006 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Like the last reviewer, I've tried a variety of cleansers but never been wedded to any of them over time. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser which I liked over the summer, but found it left my skin too dry now that it's autumn. Hence, I dug in my stash of unused products and found my Eucerin cleanser, and it's just the ticket. It's not so much that it's hydrating -- more that it doesn't strip my skin. I love the way my skin feels after using it, and I'm no longer having a problem with dryness. It's a good, simple cleanser which easily cleans off makeup (even mascara) without leaving my skin dry or irritated. I've always read that if you're going to put money into a product, do so with your moisturizers, serums, etc -- not your cleansers. They're on your face so briefly you really don't get any extra benefit. So my Eucerin cleanser fits the bill!

on 10/6/2006 1:56:00 PM

I really, really like this cleanser. I have been using a variety of cleansers but was not particulary wedded to any of them. I have slightly oily but mature skin. I am interested in maintaining the oil that I have without using a product that would cause breakouts. I also prefer to spend my money on other products besides a cleanser.

This product does a good job without being too greasy and without stripping my skin. The price is right. It only takes a small amount.

Highly recommend to those with combo skin.

on 9/6/2006 8:24:00 PM

This is my fall back cleanser when my skin is irritated by new skin products LOL. It is perfect for my combo skin, leaving it clean, but not tight or stripped. Love the pump container too. My DH often borrows it too - now that says something! Probably not the best for really dry or oily skin, but just right for us combo gals and guys.