July 22, 2014 | 2494 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ellenrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar by my dermatologist because of occasional acne flare ups. I went through the Accutain process and my skin was sensitive. It's a great cleanser that's gentle and effective. It does not give the sqeaky clean feeling that someone with oily/acne skin would want. It's great for people with sensitive skin and occasional breakouts; it will keep your skin bacteria free- which as an esthetician I know that bacteria is only one cause of acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by joccee

I bought this bar soap due to the many good reviews for the cetaphil cleanser, so i thought this might be good too.

CONS: I felt it was the same as other regular soap I've used which I can easily get for SGD$2 and I spent about SGD$15 for this. It was indeed moisturising but I didn't get the 'clean' feeling apart from the smell. I'm not a big fan for the smell either as I can easily find a $2 one as aforementioned. Also, the moisturizing part, I'm not sure if I sould consider that moisturizing or not because I felt a film left on my skin... that's also part of the reason why I did not felt clean thou..

I have really senstive skin and bacne prone. I was hoping the antibacterial mild soap formulation as stated on the box would help soothe it.. But sadly.. I saw a few new bumps on my arms which i never had before. Perhaps I was senstivie to the ingredient in the soap.

So, I will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by msanderson

This is a good antibacterial soap and I really think it is clearing up my skin when I use it regularly. Sometimes I forget and then I notice my skin breaking out again, so I think it is effective in clearing up skin. I use it in the shower and on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by mahaba27

My dermatologist recommended this to me because I had chronic severe acne, you could even describe it as cystic. This was not the complete miracle cure I had hoped for, nothing could clear up my acne but Accutane and a topical antibiotic. However, this is the best OTC product that I have used with those treatments. After I had finished the medication I continued cleansing my face with this bar and moisturizing with Cetaphil lotion. It keeps me from having blackheads on my nose and helps prevent the occasional pimple. You get a good lather with this bar, it has a light and clean scent, and it was pretty gentle for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply Love that antibacterial bar, I use it consistantly as a body soap, great for summer time being its hot here in the tropics!! my skin feels and looks healthier, only thing is I hope they will consider making this soap in larger sizes !! and someday make a large bottle body wash in there soap formulations!! This is a total thumbs Up for me, and Gaurantee will buy again !!! Love how it gently cleanses my face and body, No dryness after, I love this bar soaps!!! i use the dry sensitive one for winter use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The anti-bacterial quality of this soap convinced me to try it. I've read this gave good results to people with cystic acne and oily skin, so I bought two, one for my face and one for my body. I've been using this bar for a month, and I haven't noticed any unusual dryness except around my lips and the corners of my mouth. However, it does a good job at drying out any pimples, and it has helped calm some of the redness on my face. I wouldn't say it eradicates blemishes, but it seems to help in the healing process.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this soap gave me whiteheads. i suspect its from the petrolatum. i have switched to purpose cleansing bar and so far im liking it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ckafader

This is a staple in my beauty bag. I tried the moisturizer after reading a few articles in beauty mags and thought I'd give their brand a try. I bought the moisterizer (pump-bottle) and the antibacterial bar. I prefer the bar because it's easier to pack and is never going to explode all over my clothes. I first noticed the smell of the bar cleaner- it's really nice, like a light musk, but it doesn't smell cheap even though it's one of the cheapest products on the shelf. Loved the soap, it made my skin feel clean and didn't leave any kind of residue. The regular bar (non anti-bacterial is good too). I've stayed with this product for a few months and have no complaints. I just use it with my washcloth. I honestly can't wait to see how it handles the summer heat. Unfortunately, I had to pass on the moisturizer, which didn't moisturize and clogged my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Titmice

Hm, hard to remember when, I started using this product. Bad decision on my part. It can be deceiving since, it never caused me any breakouts, but dried out my face, which eventually created roughness, noticed clogged pores in my cheeks, nose, chin. Now, I really gave this facial bar a chance. I never assumed it was the culprit of the clogging. (At the time, all I was using on my skin was this, retin-A, clindoxyl, and olay's daily regenerating serum). Then reading somewhere that bars aren't meant for the face... I switched to Clinique's mild liquid facial soap. 3 Weeks or so have gone by since the switch and my skin is already smoother, naturally moist, and finally blackheads are disappearing. Don't put your skin through hell like I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Tabisu

I bought this soap to clean my new piercing.
There I was in the shower, fiddling with my ear, and without thinking I started washing my face with the soap.
"It's okay," I told myself, "I'm pretty sure it's made for face washing anyways..."
Unfortunately this product DRIED (like... craaaazy dry) out my skin. You know the kind of dry that takes heavy moisturizing to undo...
I'm thinking this soap isn't for the casual user.