October 21, 2014 | 1714 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Meghan0307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is what my dermatologist recommends for acne, I guess because it's antibacterial. I have to say that I don't enjoy that this is a bar soap vs a liquid one, but if this is supposed to clear acne (with a little help) than I will use it. I have been seeing a difference in my skin - wether or not it's from this (I don't think it is though), but I suppose it is helping.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bekah54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as my body soap for many years now. It prevents my back from breaking-out. It moisturizing for the rest of my body and it smell clean (kinda like Dove).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by tkowara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 1/12/11: Still using this on my body but have stopped using it on my face, seeing as it seems to have given me clogged pores. So I've knocked it down to a 4, because as a body cleanser it's a definite 5 but considerably less as a facial cleanser.

-----------------------------------

This product is a GODSEND for me. I've been using it on my body for 5 years now, and just recently on my face (about 4 weeks or so) after one of the most severe acne breakouts I've ever had (and I'm talking red, rash-like, cystic acne; it wasn't pretty, trust me).

I used to have body acne on my chest, arms (at first just upper and then it started traveling lower and lower), shoulders, back, and even a little bit on my thighs. It was the very-noticeable red, cystic kind, and I would dread changing in the locker rooms for gym in high school. I mean, it was bad enough having facial acne, but on the body? Downright mortifying. My doctor recommended this Cetaphil antibacterial cleansing bar for me to use, along with 10% benzoyl peroxide and even clindamycin for a few months. Eventually, we phased out the clindamycin and stuck to just the Cetaphil antibacterial bar and the benzoyl peroxide. After a year of this regimen, I already saw VAST improvements on my body acne. Of course, the scars took a while to disappear completely, but I'm happy to say that now--5 years later--my arms, shoulders, and thighs are CLEAR AND SMOOTH and I only get the occasional pimple or two on my back and chest. I used to go through tubes and tubes of benzoyl peroxide every couple of months, but now I've been using the same tube of 5% BP for about a year--simply because I have no need to use it every day anymore!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is a good little cleansing bar. I used this to wash my tattoo when I first got it done and it helped it heal well without drying it out. I also occasionally use this to wash my face and it leaves it clean without feeling stripped or dry. Would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ellenrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar by my dermatologist because of occasional acne flare ups. I went through the Accutain process and my skin was sensitive. It's a great cleanser that's gentle and effective. It does not give the sqeaky clean feeling that someone with oily/acne skin would want. It's great for people with sensitive skin and occasional breakouts; it will keep your skin bacteria free- which as an esthetician I know that bacteria is only one cause of acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by joccee

I bought this bar soap due to the many good reviews for the cetaphil cleanser, so i thought this might be good too.

CONS: I felt it was the same as other regular soap I've used which I can easily get for SGD$2 and I spent about SGD$15 for this. It was indeed moisturising but I didn't get the 'clean' feeling apart from the smell. I'm not a big fan for the smell either as I can easily find a $2 one as aforementioned. Also, the moisturizing part, I'm not sure if I sould consider that moisturizing or not because I felt a film left on my skin... that's also part of the reason why I did not felt clean thou..

I have really senstive skin and bacne prone. I was hoping the antibacterial mild soap formulation as stated on the box would help soothe it.. But sadly.. I saw a few new bumps on my arms which i never had before. Perhaps I was senstivie to the ingredient in the soap.

So, I will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by msanderson

This is a good antibacterial soap and I really think it is clearing up my skin when I use it regularly. Sometimes I forget and then I notice my skin breaking out again, so I think it is effective in clearing up skin. I use it in the shower and on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by mahaba27

My dermatologist recommended this to me because I had chronic severe acne, you could even describe it as cystic. This was not the complete miracle cure I had hoped for, nothing could clear up my acne but Accutane and a topical antibiotic. However, this is the best OTC product that I have used with those treatments. After I had finished the medication I continued cleansing my face with this bar and moisturizing with Cetaphil lotion. It keeps me from having blackheads on my nose and helps prevent the occasional pimple. You get a good lather with this bar, it has a light and clean scent, and it was pretty gentle for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply Love that antibacterial bar, I use it consistantly as a body soap, great for summer time being its hot here in the tropics!! my skin feels and looks healthier, only thing is I hope they will consider making this soap in larger sizes !! and someday make a large bottle body wash in there soap formulations!! This is a total thumbs Up for me, and Gaurantee will buy again !!! Love how it gently cleanses my face and body, No dryness after, I love this bar soaps!!! i use the dry sensitive one for winter use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The anti-bacterial quality of this soap convinced me to try it. I've read this gave good results to people with cystic acne and oily skin, so I bought two, one for my face and one for my body. I've been using this bar for a month, and I haven't noticed any unusual dryness except around my lips and the corners of my mouth. However, it does a good job at drying out any pimples, and it has helped calm some of the redness on my face. I wouldn't say it eradicates blemishes, but it seems to help in the healing process.