November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Jess718

Hi. I'm a new member to MakeupAlley and this is my first time reviewing a product, so please bare with me. =) I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. I've used so many products on the market from ProActiv to Clean and Clear and Noxema.. the list goes on and on, but they've all had the same reaction to my skin. They would work for a couple of months and just when I thought my search for the "perfect" skin product was over they would fail me. I've heard so many great reviews on the Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar so I decided to purchase it. I've been using it for a few days now, but while some areas of my face have cleared up I've noticed that two new pimples have formed elsewhere. Lots of people say to give it time and I'll begin to see progression. Others say that the product is supposed to bring out the acne and then it will begin the healing process. I would normally at least try and give it some time, but I'm standing up in a wedding in 2 weeks and it is very important that I get my skin as clear as I possibly can. I am very desperate. I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has used the product and can let my know if my reaction to it is normal and that it in fact will get better or if I should just toss it. I'm stumped!! If anyone can share anything with me I would appreciate it very much. Thank you!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Meghan0307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is what my dermatologist recommends for acne, I guess because it's antibacterial. I have to say that I don't enjoy that this is a bar soap vs a liquid one, but if this is supposed to clear acne (with a little help) than I will use it. I have been seeing a difference in my skin - wether or not it's from this (I don't think it is though), but I suppose it is helping.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bekah54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as my body soap for many years now. It prevents my back from breaking-out. It moisturizing for the rest of my body and it smell clean (kinda like Dove).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by tkowara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 1/12/11: Still using this on my body but have stopped using it on my face, seeing as it seems to have given me clogged pores. So I've knocked it down to a 4, because as a body cleanser it's a definite 5 but considerably less as a facial cleanser.

-----------------------------------

This product is a GODSEND for me. I've been using it on my body for 5 years now, and just recently on my face (about 4 weeks or so) after one of the most severe acne breakouts I've ever had (and I'm talking red, rash-like, cystic acne; it wasn't pretty, trust me).

I used to have body acne on my chest, arms (at first just upper and then it started traveling lower and lower), shoulders, back, and even a little bit on my thighs. It was the very-noticeable red, cystic kind, and I would dread changing in the locker rooms for gym in high school. I mean, it was bad enough having facial acne, but on the body? Downright mortifying. My doctor recommended this Cetaphil antibacterial cleansing bar for me to use, along with 10% benzoyl peroxide and even clindamycin for a few months. Eventually, we phased out the clindamycin and stuck to just the Cetaphil antibacterial bar and the benzoyl peroxide. After a year of this regimen, I already saw VAST improvements on my body acne. Of course, the scars took a while to disappear completely, but I'm happy to say that now--5 years later--my arms, shoulders, and thighs are CLEAR AND SMOOTH and I only get the occasional pimple or two on my back and chest. I used to go through tubes and tubes of benzoyl peroxide every couple of months, but now I've been using the same tube of 5% BP for about a year--simply because I have no need to use it every day anymore!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is a good little cleansing bar. I used this to wash my tattoo when I first got it done and it helped it heal well without drying it out. I also occasionally use this to wash my face and it leaves it clean without feeling stripped or dry. Would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ellenrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar by my dermatologist because of occasional acne flare ups. I went through the Accutain process and my skin was sensitive. It's a great cleanser that's gentle and effective. It does not give the sqeaky clean feeling that someone with oily/acne skin would want. It's great for people with sensitive skin and occasional breakouts; it will keep your skin bacteria free- which as an esthetician I know that bacteria is only one cause of acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by joccee

I bought this bar soap due to the many good reviews for the cetaphil cleanser, so i thought this might be good too.

CONS: I felt it was the same as other regular soap I've used which I can easily get for SGD$2 and I spent about SGD$15 for this. It was indeed moisturising but I didn't get the 'clean' feeling apart from the smell. I'm not a big fan for the smell either as I can easily find a $2 one as aforementioned. Also, the moisturizing part, I'm not sure if I sould consider that moisturizing or not because I felt a film left on my skin... that's also part of the reason why I did not felt clean thou..

I have really senstive skin and bacne prone. I was hoping the antibacterial mild soap formulation as stated on the box would help soothe it.. But sadly.. I saw a few new bumps on my arms which i never had before. Perhaps I was senstivie to the ingredient in the soap.

So, I will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by msanderson

This is a good antibacterial soap and I really think it is clearing up my skin when I use it regularly. Sometimes I forget and then I notice my skin breaking out again, so I think it is effective in clearing up skin. I use it in the shower and on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by mahaba27

My dermatologist recommended this to me because I had chronic severe acne, you could even describe it as cystic. This was not the complete miracle cure I had hoped for, nothing could clear up my acne but Accutane and a topical antibiotic. However, this is the best OTC product that I have used with those treatments. After I had finished the medication I continued cleansing my face with this bar and moisturizing with Cetaphil lotion. It keeps me from having blackheads on my nose and helps prevent the occasional pimple. You get a good lather with this bar, it has a light and clean scent, and it was pretty gentle for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply Love that antibacterial bar, I use it consistantly as a body soap, great for summer time being its hot here in the tropics!! my skin feels and looks healthier, only thing is I hope they will consider making this soap in larger sizes !! and someday make a large bottle body wash in there soap formulations!! This is a total thumbs Up for me, and Gaurantee will buy again !!! Love how it gently cleanses my face and body, No dryness after, I love this bar soaps!!! i use the dry sensitive one for winter use.