April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kstraigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this stuff! I have acne prone, very dry and very sensitive skin and this stuff is amazing! It takes all the makeup off (including eye makeup w/o burning) and moisturizes my skin as well. I just wipe it off with a dry wash cloth or tissue, no rinsing. My skin feels soooo much better! Most (including Proactive) skin cleansers just irritate my skin more and then even after applying moisturizer, my skin looks bad, feels brittle and dry. However, with Albolene there is no problem. I noticed a big difference right away and after 3 days I'm convinced it's the best! I have not gotten any more acne from not completely rinsing this product off my face. In fact, my face is cleaner than ever and looks great!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I usually like all the high rated mua products. but this one, i really dont like it and cannot agree with the majority. this cleanser is wayyy too greasy. it's unbelievable. it will never get off from my face. it's very greasy so you def can't remove it with water. it's just like oil and water. they will never get combined and will never be removed. so i have to use some cloth or cotton pad or something to remove it. but it's still on my face and my face is actually greasy and i still have thin layers of albolene no matter how much i swipe my face. it really doesnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use Albolene every night to take off my makeup. It does a great job for me. I rub this on my face and then wipe it off with a dry washcloth.

I am prone to breakouts so I always follow this with a good cleanser. I also notice that the Albolene doesn't take off every trace of makeup so the cleanser gets the last little bit.

Overall I like this and it does what it's supposed to for me.

Edited 8/8/12: I upped this to 5 lippies as its the only thing that I have used that really takes away every trace of my makeup. I don't ever use anything else now and don't think that I will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this cleansing cream! The absolute best! I was a Ponds cold cream user for years and the strong chemical smell was starting to get to me, plus I was starting to break out from using it. I switched to Albolene and I have been using this for a week with great results! I only use it in the evening to remove makeup - just smooth it on and wipe it off with a hot washcloth. It removes every stitch of makeup, even mascara wipes away effortlessly. My skin feels so so soft and supple afterwards. I use Cerave PM moisturizer in conjunction with the Albolene and I have noticed a huge difference in the texture and tone of my skin. Wonderful combination for aging skin! I am prone to break-outs too and this has definitely cleared my skin up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I just recently started trying cleansing creams and am really enjoying them. My skin has improved soo much since using them. I first tried Ponds and it burnt the ever living crap out of my face. It has WAY too much perfume in it for sensitive skinned gals. I use this first to take my make-up completely off then wipe it off. Then I cleanse my face with my Clarisonic and a good cleanser. I follow witch hazel and a either Cerave PM or Hope in a Jar. I will continue to use this wonderful make-up remover : )

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MSAries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently started taking Accutane and now, almost a month into my treatment, my usually combo/oily skin has become dry. I had this already and it is FANTASTIC for removing makeup, waterproof mascara and sunscreen (I wearl LRP Anthelios XL). I ermulsify a small glob between my hands, then rub all over my face and remove with a warm washcloth. Sometimes I follow with a gentle toner but often I just leave the residue and follow with my moisturizer (Cerave PM). This has really helped with the dryness and I wake up with normal-slightly moist skin. Very nice.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by djtorrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is normal to dry, and I avoid using soap on my face, and thought I'd use this as something a bit more moisturizing than Cetaphyl cleanser, but it's a bit greasier than I'd like. I've been using it nonetheless through the winter, but I have to follow it by swabbing witch hazel as a toner to cut down the greasiness. I'll keep it though, for extra dry times, and I do find it's a perfect cleanser to prep my skin for a clay mask: if I cleanse first with the Albolene, then do the mask, when I rinse the mask off, my skin feels wonderful--tingly and clean, but also very moist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always had a problem removing eye makeup (I don't even wear waterproof mascara). No matter what I tried, it either burned my eyes or was too inefficient for me to deal with (including the Sonia Kashuk Remove, which is popular around here). This is the first one that actually gets rid of my eye makeup!

PROS:
1. Price and availability - this was $12 at CVS, but it's all over the drugstores in my area.
2. The amount - the tub is deep. Seriously, I don't think I'll be repurchasing for a long time.
3. No fragrance and doesn't irritate my eyes, thank the Lord.
4. Removes makeup effectively! I just massage this into my skin and eye area, and it removes all my foundation and eye makeup like a dream.
5. Great for use as a mask/treatment.

CONS:
1. Greasy - but this is just the nature of the product, it's kind of annoying but I don't care.
2. Traveling with it is a no-go - but if you have time decant a little into a smaller container that you reserve for traveling.

TIP: This is on the Albolene website, but here's the treatment. Following a shower (or place a hot wet washcloth on your face for a few moments), massage this into your skin. Keep massaging until you feel little gritty bits (I know, gross!). Then let it sit for a few minutes. Take something like a credit card and scrape the Albolene off. It removes a ton of dead skin and plugs of dirt/oil that it loosened out of your pores! When I did this, the Albolene I scraped off was GRAY. And I keep my face clean with a Clarisonic Mia.

Enjoy.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works wonders for eczema. In a matter of just days it's made major improvements. I didn't think it was going to work so fast. I absolutely love this!

The products is thick, kind of like vaseline, but it's liquefies very fast on the skin. This feels really good on dry skin and leave it very soft (no water needed, just tissue off).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this for removing eye makeup only. I noticed after a week or so of use I started getting clogged pores around my eyebrows and hairline so I stopped using it. It did a good job of removing stubborn mascara, etc., but IMO it's just glorified Vaseline that you can get cheaper and does the same job. The packaging is a big jar with a screw-on lid so you do have to plunge your fingers in and dig out the prodcut, but you'll be doing the same with Vaseline and other cold cream type cleansers. I wouldn't be completely against buying this again but also not making a mad dash to do so either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No