August 1, 2014 | 1282 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

This is a great everyday shade, a neutral pinky shade that has a brown undertone. I like this on my NC35 skintone as it has that flash of colour so doens't wash me out like alot of neutrals. Very creamy, moisutrising on the lip with a pretty sheen to it. Topped with Nyx neutral megashine lipgloss is a match made in heaven .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just picked up Thalia by NYX and I LOVE it. It's a perfect addition to my obsessive collection of mauvey-nude-pinks, and very much in the same family as MAC Faux, Brave, and Modesty, and Centerfold by Too Faced. All of these are super complimentary on my cool NW15/ MUFE HD 115 skin. NYX texture is nice and creamy and moist (more so than my Modesty cremesheen, actually), but the staying power isn't as good as MAC or Too Faced. Still 5 lippies for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by veeecakes

I love my NYX round lipsticks, but thalia for me was a tad too dark for my skin. It looked almost brown on me, but nothing a lipgloss on top couldn't fix. The texture of most nyx lipsticks are smooth & creamy (which i love), and apply on really well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by bloodyboob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A bit too cool for my C4, yellow-undertoned skin. A better alternative is B52, which is warmer and has brown instead of purple undertones. However, I'm giving it stars for the price and creamy formula, and color which would better suit other skintones. Like other round lipsticks, it's not very long-lasting, but it's decent for the price and color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Reviewing 529 Thalia for color. Very nice warm rose color.
Lip Smacking Fun Colors - don't know if this is the round lips but the consistency/application is very slick; almost too creamy, and therefore, not very long-lasting. A sealer might make this work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thalia is a very pretty shade, it just doesn't work for me. It's a neutral pink that is just a little too mauve for my skin tone. I am pale and tend to wear warmer shades. Thalia is a cooler shade that I thought I could possibly get away with. I love NYX lipsticks ~ they are creamy, pigmented and so inexpensive that you can collect tons of them without feeling guilty. I won't buy this shade again, but I will try others from NYX...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, especially since I got it for so cheap off TradeMe [NZ ebay site]. The lipstick goes on really easy, and doesn't even need a chapstick - quite moisturising. As far as pigmentation goes, this one isn't really up there. Then again, it is slightly like my natural lip colour anyway so doesn't look too shabby. I love the packaging too

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by macuseringa

I purchased this lipstick today at ULTA and it is a great neutral everyday lipstick. I was suprised how pretty it turned out to be when I got it home and tried it on. It's prettier than some of my M.A.C. lipsticks. Definetly will have to get an extra tube of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Kexner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a flattering nude lip forever and finally found it! They all were either too orange or maked me look like grey death warmed over. But this has just enough pink to be the perfect nude for my full, medium pigmented lips. Reminds me of a creamy version of a MLBB color, wonderful texture and nice slip. A touch of nude gloss on top and even I'm able to rock the nude lip look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 1017

IMO, this is a 90's MLBB. It is a rosey pink brown lip color that definitely skews more brown. It looks pinky rosey on the lips, but muddier. The color itself, on your lips looks pretty. But when you step away, you feel like you are in an episode of 90210 when they were in college. Also, I have naturally rosey brown pigmented lips, so this just comes off as even darker and more muddy than my natural lip color. Not repulsive on me, but not my style any more (as it is 2011 :)