October 24, 2014 | 1462 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first NYX lipstick I have tried, and I absolutely love it! That says a lot coming from a girl who almost never wears lipstick because most are too drying and matte. Not the case here!
The good:
Great pigmentation. Very rich color.
This color is a beautiful pink nude that stays true to pink, does not pull brown or orange. One coat for a natural look, more for a deeper look.
Super creamy formula! Feels great on. Creamiest lipstick I have ever tried.
Smooth look.
Last fairly well and doesn't clump or flake off. Just rubs off clean.
Quite moisturizing.
Cute packaging.
Amazing price. $3.99!
No weird flavors (no flavor to it all, really).
Feels weightless on your lips.

The bad:
There really isn't any! I wish it had slightly more of a shiny rather than matte finish but a little gloss on top does the trick. But it is also beautiful on it's own!

I completely prefer this to the UD lipstick - it is way better and a fraction of the price. I am going back to get a ton more colors. Best lipstick ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by smiley07

Im a very big fan of mac cosmetics especially all the nutrals and nudes and pinks and peachy lippys.I ran out of my fave lipstick cherish by mac and half n half cherish got crushed by a car when it fell out of my pocket yes i keep lippys in my pockets i love colour on my lips.Anyway i have been abit out of pocket lately so decided to buy a cheaper alternative of half n half and cherish by reading reviews on google.Cost me 2.99 in uk. bargain if you ask me colour excellent.No smell like mac unfortuanely or the really rich creaminess like a mac lipstickk or as long lasting as a mac lipstick however for the price its very close shade to the two i love so i would buy again even though it doesnt last long because using lipstick everyday by mac is becoming ostly i have so many but run out quick.In my personal opinion no lipstick has yet beaten the quality of a mac lipstick in scent texture lasting poweer and just quality.But this is pretty gud for the price wud by again .DO BUY

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYX really is an amazing line of low cost makeup. Just about everything I buy from them is excellent. The only thing of NYX that disappointed me - ever - was the eye liners which don't go on smoothly enough for my taste.

But wow... the lipsticks and lip glosses, and the jumbo sticks, are frickin' amazing! Fantastic color, excellent consistency. NYX does not skimp on color, they are so rich. Even when dealing with sheer colors and neutrals, they really make the lips and eyes pop.

Thalia is an amazing neutral - it is definitely worth re purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lrich4066

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me, this is a natural lip shade but darker. It looks too brown and dark with my skin when I apply it normally, so I've tried applying a very thin layer and then topping it with Smith's Rosebud Salve, and that works well for me. The texture is nice and creamy. Would have been 5 stars if it didn't look so bad on my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

This is a great everyday shade, a neutral pinky shade that has a brown undertone. I like this on my NC35 skintone as it has that flash of colour so doens't wash me out like alot of neutrals. Very creamy, moisutrising on the lip with a pretty sheen to it. Topped with Nyx neutral megashine lipgloss is a match made in heaven .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just picked up Thalia by NYX and I LOVE it. It's a perfect addition to my obsessive collection of mauvey-nude-pinks, and very much in the same family as MAC Faux, Brave, and Modesty, and Centerfold by Too Faced. All of these are super complimentary on my cool NW15/ MUFE HD 115 skin. NYX texture is nice and creamy and moist (more so than my Modesty cremesheen, actually), but the staying power isn't as good as MAC or Too Faced. Still 5 lippies for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by veeecakes

I love my NYX round lipsticks, but thalia for me was a tad too dark for my skin. It looked almost brown on me, but nothing a lipgloss on top couldn't fix. The texture of most nyx lipsticks are smooth & creamy (which i love), and apply on really well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by bloodyboob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A bit too cool for my C4, yellow-undertoned skin. A better alternative is B52, which is warmer and has brown instead of purple undertones. However, I'm giving it stars for the price and creamy formula, and color which would better suit other skintones. Like other round lipsticks, it's not very long-lasting, but it's decent for the price and color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Reviewing 529 Thalia for color. Very nice warm rose color.
Lip Smacking Fun Colors - don't know if this is the round lips but the consistency/application is very slick; almost too creamy, and therefore, not very long-lasting. A sealer might make this work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thalia is a very pretty shade, it just doesn't work for me. It's a neutral pink that is just a little too mauve for my skin tone. I am pale and tend to wear warmer shades. Thalia is a cooler shade that I thought I could possibly get away with. I love NYX lipsticks ~ they are creamy, pigmented and so inexpensive that you can collect tons of them without feeling guilty. I won't buy this shade again, but I will try others from NYX...