Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

3.9

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Stearic acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates, Crosspolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Salicylic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Agar, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Red 30 Lake, Fragrance

on 2/24/2010 12:16:00 AM

HG! This is the perfect scrub for me - super thick and exfoliating but not at all irritating. And the Beta Hydroxy is anti-acne, anti-wrinkle and smells like oranges. What's not to love?

on 2/15/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this scrub cleanser, it makes my face feel smoother helps keep the breakouts to a minimum. I used ProActiv prior to this and I found this to be a great alternative.

on 2/9/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Really nice, GENTLE, facial scrub. It his massaging beads in it and isn't too abrasive.

My skin feels tight right after washing, so I always moisturize with Aveeno right afterwards and I don't notice any dryness the next day.

It smells great and leaves my skin feeling satin smooth.

on 1/13/2010 5:26:00 AM

I always come back to this product! It's fantastic. It always leaves my skin smooth, my pores smaller, and I look polished. With other scrubs they're either too drying and foamy... or far too oily and leave a film on my skin. I am a clinique girl through and through, but for scrubs... I always use this one. It really is my HG of all scrubs. And it's cheap. I was using Clinique's 7 days scrub... but it was one of the oily ones that left my skin gross, and I think it broke me out. Cause with my 3 step, my skin was always fine. It wasn't until I started using this... and I broke out from it. GRRR! But yes. Definitely will buy again. LOVE IT!

Edit:
Now use Sukin because there is finally an affordable natural product that is far more superior to this. Also, if I use Neutrogena more than once a week (I need to use it 2-3) my skin dries out. With Sukin, it doesn't. YEY!

on 1/11/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a good facial scrub. I like that it's not too harsh and has a nice scent. It doesn't dry out your skin very much which is ideal for me. Leaves my face feeling fresh and clean.

on 12/21/2009 11:40:00 PM

So far I really like this scrub. In my younger days (gulp) I was a big soap and water girl (Clinique mainly), but coming up to 27, my skin is really in need of something more hydrating. I still hate moisturiser on my skin so I like a cleanser that leaves me "polished". This does the job. It has a creamy texture, lots of little beads that don't dissolve while washing, and rinses pretty clean too (not too much residue). Makes my skin glow a bit and helps with the dryness. I have only been using this for a short while so I will be sure to update in the future! Oh and it costs about AUS$11 I think. I plan to use this AM/PM as a cleanser, which is what it's designed for, I think. *EDIT 2/1/2010: I found that just using this didn't get my skin clean enough therefore I have gone back to my Clinique as a daily cleanser, however I will still use this as a weekly scrub, but will just cleanse afterwards. *EDIT 4/7/2010: I am off scrubs altogether. They irritate acne prone skin and cause more breakouts...it has just taken me about 8 years to work this out! Skin looks immediately brighter and better, but in the weeks to follow the breakouts happen. No more scrubs for me!

on 11/22/2009 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite scrub. It has a wonderful scent , exfoliates gently but well, and is incredible cheap.
I use it everyday and i absolutely love this.

on 11/22/2009 11:08:00 AM

****UPDATE: I've been using this since November, and I love it. It's the best scrub I've come across. It's VERY gentle but effective, and my skin never feels stripped after use. I haven't been using this every day, but I think I'm going to start since reading an article by Paula B detailing why daily exfoliation is in fact good for your skin (provided you're not using a scrub like St. Ives that has huge, rough exfoliating particles in it... my dermatologist told me using St. Ives is the equivalent of rubbing your face on concrete - it creates damaging micro-tears in your skin). I'm also in love with the fact that this product contains BHA!
--------
Purchased this yesterday when I was out of town and ran out of my Visibly Even Cleanser (which is really more of scrub/cleanser). I'm very happy with this so far. I was a little skeptical of a scrub recommended for daily use, but this morning is my third use of this product and I can already see that it really does slough off dry skin. This is pretty essential for me at this point in my life, since I have a lot of dry skin on and around my nose and mouth. I also have a lot of blackheads on my nose (and some on my chin as well), and the first time I used this it totally uprooted one of the really bad ones. I was pretty impressed. I prefer to use this with a washcloth since that really helps to dislodge and wash away the stuff this product clears out of my pores (this morning I could see the stuff it had cleared out sitting on top of my skin since I didn't use a washcloth... impressive.) So far this also does a great job of helping with acne (totally reduced the effects of a painful zit I had ealier this morning before I washed) and reducing the appearance of my pores (very large on my nose and upper cheeks).

Anywho, I will update in a few weeks. But so far so great. I always make sure to use some sort of sunscreen in the morning, and the directions on the back of this product recommend it. I find this works very well so far when combined with Neutrogena Sheer sunblock (I use SPF 45)... FYI: I don't use the one specifically for the face and it has never broken me out.

on 10/25/2009 4:47:00 PM

I picked this up based on the high ratings on MUA and in addition to Paula B's recommendations. I purchased this on sale for $4.50 which was a great steal of a deal!
Overall I really liked this scrub. I found it gentle enough for me to use daily. I have not had any issues with dryness or irritation and leaves my skin feeling soft & smooth.
The smell is a pleasant citrus scent that I really enjoy, especially first thing in the morning when I'm trying to wake-up.
The only minor issue that I had to knock off a lippie for is the excessive rinsing that is required to remove the scrub. It is a minor issue I'm willing to live with, compared to how well it works.

I'm on my second(almost gone:c) tube of this. I use it for scrubing off my makeup at the end of the day and it works perfectly. I use a nickle size amount on a face cleaning brush and work it into a nice lather all over my face in small circles. It has this refreshing tingling/cooling effect and I sometimes like to leave it on a few minutes after scrubing because it feels so good.
Totally a repurchase.=D