October 24, 2014 | 1787 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on for years with the clarifying conditioner. It effectively cleans my hair and gets rid of any product residue. The bonus is that it smells fantastic and it's only $1. In short it does what it claims. I just ran out but I'd like to try something different (as usual!) so I'm not repurchasing immediately, however I would be that I come back to this off an on throughout my lifetime just as I have in the past. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sugarpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this shampoo was inexpensive, it did not work well for me. I like the smell of it and I do feel that it cleans my hair fairly well, however, it leaves my straight, black hair extremely dull. I get a much better shine from Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

Oh goodness! Just used this for the first time after it arrived today and I don't think my hair could possibly get any more shiny and clean! Fabulous product, couldn't be happier with it. Had to knock off a lippy for the price due to unavailability in the UK so I had to pay more. Will last ages however as I'll be using it once a week and the bottle is massive! It definitely did the job and got rid of all the build up in my hair, it feels so much lighter and bouncy now. :) The smell isn't too overpowering it's just very fresh.
UPDATE 9/1/2012: This and Dove Daily Treatment Intensive Repair Conditioner = Winning combination!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

A hair stylist suggested I start using a clarifying shampoo after I told her I was losing a lot of hair and she noticed that there was build-up at my roots from other products that could be causing it. I decided to try this shampoo based on reviews here and I am very pleased with it. I use this once or twice a week or whenever I put a lot of product like Dust It in it and it does a really good job of removing the build-up. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering, and the price cannot be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at the local dollar store, so the price is awesome, as you get quite a lot of shampoo for only a dollar. The shampoo itself is good and does what it's supposed to, as other reviewers have mentioned. I follow up with a good deep conditioner to make sure my hair is nice and soft afterwards.

The only really negative thing about this is the packaging. I didn't check mine beforehand since I had bought the Vo5 clarifying conditioner (which is great for co-washing) beforehand and didn't have issues, but my cap was apparently broken and it got all over the shopping bag. Luckily I only had a few other things in there and they were all in plastic packaging so it didn't ruin anything, but be sure to make sure your cap is tightly on and possibly even make sure it's upright. I took off one lippie for that since it wasted a ton of product and was annoying to clean up. But it's a great product regardless, go try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ljacks

This is absolutely great at what it's meant to do: clarify. This shampoo gets all of the gunk out of my hair and smells delicious to boot!

I use this twice a month, concentrating on my roots and midlength. I shampoo and rinse twice, and then hit my hair with a super deep conditioning treatment, like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. Afterwards, my hair is slightly more responsive to products and styling, and just feels better.

I would rebuy, but I can't foresee needing to in the immediate future since you get so much product for so little cash!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

HOLY CRAPSICLE! This is the cheapest and BESTEST (I know that's not a word...) clarifying shampoo that I have ever tried. I've tried many by the way, but none as cheap as Vo5. It's equally as effective as other more pricey brands, but for only a dollar. The smell is amazing, but the quality of the shampoo makes up for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I ADORE this shampoo. Really. It's wonderful. It's cheap, it cleans, it leaves my hair bouncy and gives it a clean slate.

The ingredients aren't awful. I'm not a fan of the scent, but what can I say? Who cares what it smells like if it works!

Absolutely in love.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by SkySapphire

I tried this out in the hopes of finding a cheaper alternative to Bumble and Bumble's Tonic shampoo, but switching from Tonic to this shampoo brought back my old dandruff. I don't think it's the shampoo's fault; I looked forever before finding a shampoo that got rid of my dandruff, but I'm a bit disappointed that this one couldn't serve as a cheaper replacement. It did make my hair shiny, though. If you don't have massive dandruff, try it out. It's cheap enough that if you don't like it, it's not a huge loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by xoxoarcade

Pretty good. Can be too drying, which I guess means it is an effective clarifier of my fine hair. Beware: don't get it in your eyes!