Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

on 5/9/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

You know why your hair probably dried out? Because you used a clarifying shampoo on a daily basis. I have no idea why anyone would do that since clarifying shampoos are specifically made to give your scalp a "clean slate" and basically get rid of everything on it, in other words, it's gonna cause your hair to be dry. Don't use a clarifying shampoo every day. Oh, my god.

Anyway, I love this. I use it once a month, and sulfate free shampoos the other times during the month. The smell is pleasant, it can be stripping but...we've already discussed that, and the price is definitely right. I'd recommend anyone who uses a lot of product in their hair to try this.

on 5/6/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because of the rave reviews here at MUA. Here's what happened:

Day1 - i was impressed how it makes my hair squeaky clean
Day2 - noticed the dryness of my hair despite the super moisturizing hair mask i used as conditioner
Day3 - had breakouts on my scalp which also became super dry & itchy, hair seemed brittle.
Day4 - Dandruff! VO5 met the trashcan.

I'll stick with ACV clarifying treatment from now on.

on 5/6/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Awesome, cheap clarifying shampoo! Who knew that something that cost me less than $1 at the drugstore would be so good to my hair? My hair is long, thick, medium texture, and wavy, and I use this once a week to remove all the gunk from styling. Thanks to my lovely hair type, I use a lot of styling products over the span of a week, and this really does get rid of it all without stripping my hair. It leaves it shiny and bouncy, and I love the scent. I am SO happy with this find, and I plan to keep using it as long as I can find it! :)

on 4/14/2012 5:21:00 PM

My mom bought this shampoo to use once a week for removing buildup. I decided to try it out because I've heard it's really important to do that every once in a while, and... I love it! It's a little hard to lather in your hair, but you just have to apply a little more. I could definitely tell that my hair was cleaner and shinier immediately after using it. I think this is supposed to be super healthy for your hair! I also use the conditioner after the shampoo and it works great in conjunction. Smells great too...fresh!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

this only costs me 85cents and i needed a clarifying shampoo because i have major build-up.I am a product junkie and have a oily scalp.Now i usually use dove nourshing shampoo and conditioner which is my all time fav but my hair will always remain dirty no matter how hard and precise i cleaned my scalp.So i went to buy this because Vo5 conditioners are amazing and i have bad re-ins with Suave.The scent was good and it left my hair squeaky clean and not dried at all which i was afraid of...btw i used it with the clarifying conditioner as well

on 3/13/2012 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm pretty sure I will use this stuff for as long as it's still on store shelves! I have oily hair and this always gets it very clean. I use it every time I shower. When my hair dries it is nice and light and fluffy... no oily remnants whatsoever. It smells refreshing, too! It does make your hair pretty tangly but as long as you use conditioner afterward it's not really a problem. Love this shampoo! :o)

on 2/11/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I generally like to use a clarifying shampoo because I have an oily scalp but I think this product made my back break out. I really wanted to love this because it is so cheap but unfortunately a few days into using it my back broke out like crazy. Also my sister admitted to sneakily using it and she is currently experiencing a harsh break out on her face. Although we can't be positive I'm blaming this shampoo, in the trash it goes!

on 1/18/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this off and on for years with the clarifying conditioner. It effectively cleans my hair and gets rid of any product residue. The bonus is that it smells fantastic and it's only $1. In short it does what it claims. I just ran out but I'd like to try something different (as usual!) so I'm not repurchasing immediately, however I would be that I come back to this off an on throughout my lifetime just as I have in the past. :)

on 1/9/2012 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although this shampoo was inexpensive, it did not work well for me. I like the smell of it and I do feel that it cleans my hair fairly well, however, it leaves my straight, black hair extremely dull. I get a much better shine from Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh goodness! Just used this for the first time after it arrived today and I don't think my hair could possibly get any more shiny and clean! Fabulous product, couldn't be happier with it. Had to knock off a lippy for the price due to unavailability in the UK so I had to pay more. Will last ages however as I'll be using it once a week and the bottle is massive! It definitely did the job and got rid of all the build up in my hair, it feels so much lighter and bouncy now. :) The smell isn't too overpowering it's just very fresh.
UPDATE 9/1/2012: This and Dove Daily Treatment Intensive Repair Conditioner = Winning combination!