December 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does tighten your skin and gives you invisible pores, other than these, I don't see much difference. It is quite fuzzy. Feeling like putting some glue on your face, and you can't put makeup on top of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by purensim

I used the pack for sensitive skin. They didn't do much good as my skin felt rather tight and looked a bit red after using it. I think some ingradient in there didn't agree with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dianajin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've only tried the sample which is lucky! I only apply at night and it has given me rashes and breakouts. I dont usually have any rash on face, without changing any facial routine but only adding this one in, I've have a few red spots on face. Dont think it's the thing for sensitive skins.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Swnkygirl

I have applied this several nights now after my cleansing routine and am discontinuing use - not only does it burn my eyes, but I can't get past the awful scent...sort of like the bottom of a vase when you've forgotten to empty a bouquet of dead and decaying flowers. Did nothing great to my skin to override these negative factors. My opinion on the scent is obviously subjective, but my eyes are still watering and irritated as I type this. There are better products out there for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by HollyMarie

Got this as a sample from Sephora-I have heard about Jurlique and always wanted to sample something from their line-I have come to the conclusion my skin just cant do the "natural' thing. It is a nice feeling light product. Very fragrant, although pleasant-I think it could be potentially irritating to some. At times my face felt a little itch, which Im sure has to do with one of the ingredients. Just didnt work for me and I was afraid I would have a breakout-(you know when your face just doesnt feel comfortable?) My conclusion-smells great, goes on light-but for me (fair, combo skin and acne prone) it just didnt feel "right" for my skin. But sample first-it may work for some

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by pekkachiu

this product is horrible. the first day i used it... i found it ok... when i put it on during daytime (the SA told me i can use under makeup) my whole makeup looks like rubber...after using it for less than a week or so... i'm starting to get breakouts on my forehead and the 2 sides of my face... this product is horrible... it dries out my combination skin instead of giving me moisture... i dun recommend anyone to buy... stay away!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been using this for the last week. I can't say that I love this, because it doesn't seem to have done anything for my skin. I love the smell - it reminds me of Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel. Very light and refreshing. However, that's about it.

It has a runny serum-like consistency. I cleanse my face then apply eye cream and this gel over my skin. It absorbs quickly, but it also stings my eyes (probably due to the alcohol in it). That's another thing - alcohol dries out your skin, so I am not too enthused about that. I use this only at night, and when I wake up my skin is hydrated and smooth, but that's about it. It hasn't broken me out, but it also hasn't visibly improved the condition of my skin.

For the price tag, I expected more. I would not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Mossaholic

I'm extremely surprised that this product has gotten poor reviews, because I simply love it! I've been using the Herbal Recovery Gel for 1 month now and I've already noticed an improvement in my skin. It is clearer, brighter, smoother, softer, and looks more hydrated.

Although it is called a "Recovery Gel", it is in fact a moisturiser that assists in anti-aging and whitening. The SA informed me that for the day, you can apply it alone *or* wear it under another moisturiser, and for the night, you *only* apply it as your moisturiser -- DO NOT ALSO USE ANOTHER MOISTURISER. This may explain why some reviewers have experienced break-outs, oiliness, blackheads etc.

The SA also told me that you apply the gel (after cleansing) in the following manner: 1-2 pumps (no more), smooth out onto fingertips, *dab* onto face (DO NOT RUB), allow a few minutes to absorb. Given that it is not an eye-cream, try to avoid your eye area, as it could have adverse effects on it.

I'm a big believer in using natural products on your skin. All of Jurlique's products are 100% natural, 100% organic, and 100% environmentally-friendly. Also, a little product goes a loooooong way, which justifies the expense. If you're hesitant about purchasing, get some samples.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by amara_lani

I LOVE Jurlique, I love the herbal and natural scent of this product, I love the purity of its ingredients, but this product is a total dud for me and I regret having paid $150 for it. It's true it's serum consistency is pleasant and it appears to give a nice sheen to the skin when it's on, but it is just not worth the damage or hole in the pocket when there are other highly competitive options out there.

Out of buyer's remorse, I am now continuing its use only on my neck and decollete area where I am less prone to breakouts. If you have visible pores, are prone to blackheads or breakouts, you will likely have better luck with other products on the market - yes, even all-natural ones. I would highly recommend trying a sample of another pure skincare line, such as the much cheaper Suki concentrated toner for breakout-prone skin. Or even Michelle products, or John Masters. Out of the oils in its ingredients - look for non-comedogenic, moisturizing safflower oil.

I have owned Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel for three months now. I used it for five weeks straight and, with no other changes to my skincare routine, I saw a dramatic increase in the number of blackheads on my face - in areas I never get them like on my cheeks and around my eyes! I have stopped for three weeks, then tried using it again - let me tell you, it is night and day! I know this concoction doesn't mix with my skin type. Please find a Jurlique store near you (or try it out at Whole Foods - they have samples!) before you shell out the big bucks! I was forewarned by other reviewers here before I purchased, but I made the leap anyways - and now I really regret it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jade2004

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Too expensive to buy retail (the Australian version is cheaper on eBay) and they seem to have changed their formula in the last year or so. Anyhow, it feels light and fresh, and I always get compliments on my skin. I doubt it works wonders -- but it's natural and healthy-feeling, so I continue to use it.