September 19, 2014 | 1582 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a real pain to take off my makeup with this cleanser. I purcahsed this in hope, simple might be "better" for my acne skin but it wasn't. My acne was the same and also got new pimples. I wouldn't say from this at all but just from the fact I have acne skin and apparently if im not using anything effective against it, they just continue to do their own thing. Ruin my beautiful face.
I rate this a 2, it's not horrible considering it doesn't irritate the face but it doesn't even take off my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. I switched to this from Dove sensitive skin bar and haven't looked back! It's gentle and it doesn't give me tiny clogged pores like Dove does. I'm giving it only 4 lippies for 2 reasons: 1) It doesn't remove eye makeup that well. I definitely have to use a cosmetic wipe or oil-cleanse before using this if I''m wearing makeup and 2) It feels like it leaves a slight film on my face. I use a toner afterwards, just to be sure all the residue is off. If I don't, I feel like I have to rinse a hundred times. Other than those two things, this cleanser is excellent! It's very gentle, despite the fact that it contains both sodium laureth sulfate AND fragrance.
EDIT: Nah. Changed my mind. After a while, this really seemed to be aggravating my sensitive skin. SLS is just too much for me to handle.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by xmhacster08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 5th bottle so I guess that's really saying how much I love this product. It's very gentle and removes makeup effectively. It is incredibly cheap compare to the Philosophy cleanser that I have used in the pass. I will continue to purchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gentle and non-drying. It doesn't treat pimples but it doesn't irritate or cause them either. After you cleanse with this, thats when you want to treat any problems. I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear and this cleanser removes it really well. It smells light and clean like a baby wash. I would reccomend it for anyone who wants something gentle and simple to cleanse with. Just remember if you have acne prone skin you will need a medicated toner or some sort of treatment to help you heal pimples along with this. I think it does exactly what it claims- it cleanses your skin without irritating it and removes makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to Ulta to pick up Jergen's Purpose cleanser to try and it was sold out; saw a reviewer on here said this was basically an exact dupe for it, so gave it a try.
I quite like it. It is gentle enough that I can use it over my eyes, which is nice (rather than having to use an eye makeup remover). It cleans wells and removes almost all/most of my makeup, without leaving my skin feeling stripped or dry. It has not caused any skin irritation for me and my skin is kind of sensitive.
Overall, especially now having tried Purpose and found it to be surprisingly drying, I think this is a very good cleanser for people with sensitive skin. I have already repurchased and likely will continue to do so.

Update: I have discontinued using this because it contains sodium Laureth sulfate, often a trigger ingredient for breakouts. As I have been struggling with adult acne, I can't risk it - but I still recommend this for those who don't have breakout problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by iluv2chug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purpose cleanser ingred=
Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA
Clean & Clear Sensitive skin=
Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, C12-15 Pareth-2, Quaternium-15
So you can see they are pretty much dupes... and i love Purpose- SO i love this as well. It is a cushy foamy lather and cleanser for my sensitive skin. love it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, basic cleanser for sensitive skin. It foams up really well, it removes makeup, it's not drying, and the pump has a lock, which is great for travelling. I also use it to wash my makeup brushes, which seems to be fine. I don't want to pay big money for a separate brush cleanser and the point is to use something gentle, right? My only beef is it's got this weird fragrance I don't like, which makes me nervous because it's supposed to be for sensitive skin. It hasn't broken me out or given me eczema patches, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

I use this to wash my face and my makeup brushes! The cleanser claims that its for sensitive skin and removes makeup. It does a decent job at removing face makeup (I use a separate eyemakeup remover) so I figured I would give it a try at removing the makeup from my brushes (Mac and Sonia Kashuk). If it's gentle enough on my face, it won't be too harsh for my brushes, right? Right! It's great! I use this cleanser daily on my face and weekly on my makeup brushes. It's inexpensive (less than $4 at Target) compared to makeup brush cleansers and better than using baby shampoo. I have repurchased this several times and will keep purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bergsyfern

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, I product by Clean & Clear that I approve of! I use this in the shower ever night after I've removed my makeup. Leave my skin soft, and I actually feel clean...plus, it's a great price for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for about 2 or 3 years. Converted my boyfriend to using it too. You can get it at Walmart for about $3.60, which is really cheap for a good face wash. My skin is very sensitive, and oily in some places and dry in others. This cleanser gets my skin clean without stripping. It does not get off all my eye liner but I have never found a face wash that has so I won't hold it against the product. Just a really good, basic, cheap face wash.